Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » pinoy bruddahs going to the pi in dec

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: pinoy bruddahs going to the pi in dec
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone already purchase their tickets for dec and if so, prices? been waiting for a few travel agents but i get the same response about PAL promos being unavailable until later. my fear is waiting for these so called deals will leave u with price hiked fares.
so far through cathay the best price ive found is 1590 leaving 12/16 returning 1/2...yes, the worst and best time to go..worst in terms of prices of course but if i can go on a direct w/ PAL id prefer that obviously.

[ November 09, 2010, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
venom try this place in union city...presitge travel 1-510-489-3388...although ive been going straight to cathay pacific's website, the women here had some cool prices when i got tickets here..nice bro, i'll be in the pi after vietnam jan 15th...seeing famz or leisure [Wink] ?

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alex, can you translate for us white folks?
Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:

Going to the Philippines in December is the busiest and most expensive time of the year because of the Christmas Celebration. Filipinos are hardcore Catholics and it's literally a Fiesta the whole month of December. The weather is prefect also. PAL = Philippine Airlines and they offer the only direct flight. Cathay is Cathay Pacific Airlines.

I found this info that might help. You may also call PAL Reservations at (02) 855-8888, Cebu: (032) 340-0191; Davao (082) 222-0366 or purchase tickets at PAL Ticket Offices or your travel agent.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mikeP:
venom try this place in union city...presitge travel 1-510-489-3388...although ive been going straight to cathay pacific's website, the women here had some cool prices when i got tickets here..nice bro, i'll be in the pi after vietnam jan 15th...seeing famz or leisure [Wink] ?

cathay is the lowest out there but the flights are like 17-19hrs total each way. the only thing going for PAL these days is the direct flight..everything else sucks as far as the service, food, planes, etc. thought u were going out there for xmas? im going for leisure which means hanging out w/ the fam and possibly hitting up another island..perhaps palawan, davao or bohol as ive never been there. it'll be real tough to squeeze this all in a short 2 wks including celebrating for xmas and ny's. i really wish i could extend through fiesta in jan but that would be impossible w/ work. its been about 6 years since i last went so it should be some fun.

quote:

luke, u know that was the whole point to keep it within my peeps. lol ud actually not be too out of place there as its not uncommon to see white folks out there but more on the older side of the spectrum..60 year olds with a couple young pinays for each arm.

quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
quote:

Going to the Philippines in December is the busiest and most expensive time of the year because of the Christmas Celebration. Filipinos are hardcore Catholics and it's literally a Fiesta the whole month of December. The weather is prefect also. PAL = Philippine Airlines and they offer the only direct flight. Cathay is Cathay Pacific Airlines.

I found this info that might help. You may also call PAL Reservations at (02) 855-8888, Cebu: (032) 340-0191; Davao (082) 222-0366 or purchase tickets at PAL Ticket Offices or your travel agent.

ive tried several agents and theyve all stated that promos for dec arent available but what is not clear to me is when these promos will be published and if these are actual promos where id be saving significantly over internet pricing.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everyone I know just calls different travel agents for the best price. I have a buddy who travels back and forth from the PI at least once a year and I'll see if he knows when the promos start.
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about the number I gave you?

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

maeco, i spoke to lou already and just trying to see what others are doing as i recall a earlier thread where a few pinoys were planning on going around the same time.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

i ended up going with mangotours.com ..they were the cheapest of all the online websites by $100 on each ticket of the 4 i picked up.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

so whos going this dec? cafords pinoy reunion.
ill be out there 12/16-1/2.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RSCapri  Ford pictures for RSCapri    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there's a place to the right of Seafood City in Union City that I got mine from. When i purchased mine, I was getting priced about $1,100 to $1,300, then I walked into that place and I got the flight for $950 w tax! I think it's the same place MIKEP is talking about. Good luck and have fun!

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
82 GT-5.0, 5spd, IRS *SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD
82 Mercury Capri 5.0 *SOLD

Posts: 855 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by At1Maverick69:
there's a place to the right of Seafood City in Union City that I got mine from. When i purchased mine, I was getting priced about $1,100 to $1,300, then I walked into that place and I got the flight for $950 w tax! I think it's the same place MIKEP is talking about. Good luck and have fun!

i actually called that place up and decided to go with another carrier mangotours, which had the lowest price at the time around july. that said, i still paid a good amount at a tad bit under $1500. didnt have so much of a choice since the time im going is the most expensive time of the year. had i booked the departure +/-1week and the +1week later for the return the price wouldve dropped by $400+.

[ November 09, 2010, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't you already live in daly city ? What's the difference [Big Grin]
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by fastertoys1:

albert..thats something only a filipino would know [Razz] haha

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whens the off peak season to go? Gotta visit my moms in law in bataan...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:

My girl is from dc her family owns manilla market, so I know fillipinos pretty well. Kick ass food !

My girl is not filliipino though.

[ November 09, 2010, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: fastertoys1 ]

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
quote:
quote:

My girl is from dc her family owns manilla market, so I know phillipinos pretty well. Kick ass food !

My girl is not phillipino though.

albert....family that owns manila oriental = very wealthy family. u better keep that girl.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My girl is from dc her family owns manilla market, so I know phillipinos pretty well. Kick ass food !

albert....family that owns manila oriental = very wealthy family. u better keep
that girl.

Haha you must know the market well, the family opened a oriental mall in az that's why I moved out here, I'm helping run the market plus a few restaurants in the plaza, place is pretty cool 100,000 sq foot in door mall. I think it has a website It's called Mekong plaza.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

that girl.

Haha you must know the market well, the family opened a oriental mall in az that's why I moved out here, I'm helping run the market plus a few restaurants in the plaza, place is pretty cool 100,000 sq foot in door mall. I think it has a website It's called Mekong plaza.
yeah man...my mom shops there all the time and has gotten to know the owners(believe theyre either taiwanese or chinese) and all i know is that they're loaded from all the businesses theyve opened. when u have all those resources and capital its obviously easier to be wealthier. i thought u came back already? didnt know you're still out there.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

that girl.

yeah man...my mom shops there all the time and has gotten to
know the owners(believe theyre either taiwanese or chinese)
and all i know is that they're loaded from all the businesses theyve opened. when u have all those resources and capital its obviously easier to be wealthier. i thought u came back already? didnt know you're still out there.

Yeah their chinese, I'm still out here it's been 5 months I've gone back to the bay for a 2 weekends that's it, Xmas will be the next time I'm uptheir
I always see young asain women with older white men(50+ yrs old) it's obvious white men go their and choose what they
want.
From what I hear it's a blast to go any where in southeast Asia single man or at least leave the wife at home.
Have fun !

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the smell is really strong there and the frogs are a fun filled child attraction...good selection there. only place that has hawaiian rock salt for my lomi salmon.

but parking there is crazy. hint- free spot in the corner by the carts.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

quote:
Originally posted by fredfifty:
the smell is really strong there and the frogs are a fun filled child attraction...good selection there. only place that has hawaiian rock salt for my lomi salmon.

but parking there is crazy. hint- free spot in the corner by the carts.

Haha your talking about the market! That's the bosses parking spot !! Anything other then a S63 will be towed!!
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

albert,
old white farts dating small young asian girls are a dime a dozen in asia. whats hilarious is they tend to pickup the nastiest monkey looking girls out there while the asian dudes find the top notch beauties. surprised u didnt settle for a hot latina.

fredfifty
u pretty much summed up the description for any asian market in the US. also this includes tight parking with ppl that dont know how to park if their life depended on it, ppl that dont give a f or have manners and yell as part of their normal conversation tone. ...good ass deals though on grocery items.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Lol i do see that car there sometimes...ok ill find a new spot. [Wink]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
62 Rag Impala

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com