Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » *** 93 cobra ***

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: *** 93 cobra ***
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i want to know who has put 5 lug on the rear of there 93 cobra i have gotten a couple of opinions but want to hear more please give me your input thanks in advance... can the factory brackets and calipers be re-used and just the axles and rotors be swaped...? i was thinking of getting some custom axles mad from jaws gear and axle and wondering what calipers brackets ect. is needed give me your advice thanks

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if u have a 93 cobra bro keep it stock look the cleanest imo!

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your better off doing an SN95 swap, having axles made and hacking the system together isn't any fun. I did one on a 93 Cobra and the owner got axles from one place, special brackets, spacers and a bunch of other shit that ended up making the whole job tough.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just letting you know im far from a hack im very meticulous and always put a shit load of time and effort into doing anything i do/work on this car is my dream car and its going to be a beauty when its done.. i want to do five luf done right i dont want the wheels to stick out a inch and look like dick.!! what would you CAFORD MEMBERS suggest as far as "brackets,axels,rotors,calipers" and i know keeping it factory is what alot of people will say but i have plans for a great 5 lug wheel and just hate 4 lug lol

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
since your going to jawsgears i would ask jeff for what you need you know one stop shopping
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the housing for the cobra is the same as a fox. but your disc brake is 4 lug special as well as the axles are special in this system as well. so throw the axles and all rear disc hard ware in a box for later 93 cobra reinstall to go back to factory if u wish. and just get fox 5 lug axles. and sn 95 brake stuff with north race cars brakets or better yet buy the whole kit off of north race cars website. very good, complete, new parts, bolt on kit. they even sell the correct axle for the sn 95 rotors to center properly. hope this helps.
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

thanks alot guys for your input duncan motorsports can you maybe post a link to that site were i can purchase the right correct fitting stuff

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://northracecars.com/

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

thanks alot for the advice and help its much appreciated

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com