Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Any LOST fans here?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any LOST fans here?
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wondering if anyone else watched the show and the final episode?
I personally thought it was ok the way they ended it but I wish the show wasn't over. [Frown]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

FOURPOINTSIX
¯
Member # 8302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOURPOINTSIX  Ford pictures for FOURPOINTSIX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
QUICK QUESTION I PERSONALLY DONT WATCH THE SHOW BUT IF THERE LOST RIGHT HOW DO THEY HAVE EXTRA SHIT LIKE A CAR OR GUNS OR OTHER STUFF I WAS TOLD THEY TRADED PEOPLE ON THE ISLAND........... IF THEY CAN TRADE THAT MEANS THERES PEOPLE, WITCH MEANS SOMEBODY KNOWS THERE THEIR, SO SOME ONE MUST HAVE CONTACT TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD SO THERE NOT LOST.

--------------------
{]LEGION510[}

Posts: 374 | From: EAST OAKLAND | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
I personally thought it was ok the way they ended it but I wish the show wasn't over. [Frown]

I thought the ending was crap. Too many unanswered questions and way to many commercials.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
quote:

I thought the ending was crap. Too many unanswered questions and way to many commercials.
+1 on way to many commercials.....

But what Q's did you want them to answer?
My friend worked on the lost in post prod. ( season1-4 ) now that the shows over I'm going to see if it's how she was told it was going to end.
She told me some funny shit about working on the show.

--------------------

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
quote:

+1 on way to many commercials.....

I just wish they would have explained a bit more about the island itself. Not a lot more just enough to to flesh out the story a bit more.
But what Q's did you want them to answer?
My friend worked on the lost in post prod. ( season1-4 ) now that the shows over I'm going to see if it's how she was told it was going to end.
She told me some funny shit about working on the show.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

351SVO
¯
Member # 9473

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351SVO  Ford pictures for 351SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FOURPOINTSIX:
QUICK QUESTION I PERSONALLY DONT WATCH THE SHOW BUT IF THERE LOST RIGHT HOW DO THEY HAVE EXTRA SHIT LIKE A CAR OR GUNS OR OTHER STUFF I WAS TOLD THEY TRADED PEOPLE ON THE ISLAND........... IF THEY CAN TRADE THAT MEANS THERES PEOPLE, WITCH MEANS SOMEBODY KNOWS THERE THEIR, SO SOME ONE MUST HAVE CONTACT TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD SO THERE NOT LOST.

I also dont watch the show but thats a good ass question why isnt anyone answering that?
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you watched, you'd know. No worries [Wink]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

351SVO
¯
Member # 9473

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351SVO  Ford pictures for 351SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like I'll never know why they are in contact with people trading guns and cars and can't get their ass off the island
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by 351SVO:
Looks like I'll never know why they are in contact with people trading guns and cars and can't get their ass off the island

There had been many people that have come and gone from the island. There was a ship going to America, a group of scientist and other people like the Cast of Lost.

The scientist group had wepons, cars, a sub and outside contact..... The lost people got caught up with the " Other" people on the island and there were people killed on both
sides.

I'm not going to tell you everything that happened over the past 6 years, but I will tell you they show you why there are guns and other people on the island.

--------------------

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Dharma initiative brought all the guns, cars, and food. They where after research to uncover all the special properties of the island.

Nobody could get off the island because Jacob who was one of the keepers of the island did not let anyone leave. We have no idea how he was able to travel.

Unfortunately the show focused more on character development rather than answer questions about the plot.

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I stopped watching a year or two ago when it got stupidly rediculous. Any crib notes on the answers/final episode?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lost sucks, they should cancel it!
510Notch
¯
Member # 9353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510Notch  Ford pictures for 510Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
Lost sucks, they should cancel it!

read the first post
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SPOILER ALERT IN CASE SOMEONE ACTUALLY WANTS TO WATCH THE SHOW OR DIDN'T WATCH THE LAST EPISODE

The big secret about the island was "the light." There are two ways the light can be viewed. It could be viewed scientifically as the powerful source/energy of electromagnetism or religiously as the light that has a powerful aura and symbolizes life. (good/evil/power/etc)

Throughout history there was always someone to protect this light and that same person is in charge of finding his replacement. In this time frame it was a guy named Jacob. His brother is the smoke monster and he wants to escape and the only way to do that is to stop the light. Jacob has to keep his brother on the island and find his new replacement in order to protect the island. Once the light is destroyed and the smoke monster escapes it's game over for everyone.

The people who crashed where the candidates that the Jacbob chose. He picked them because they where "lost" in their lives and didn't have anything to live for.

Fast forward to the last season. The island was real, the people on the island where real and everything that happened was real. Jack ended up being the new protector, killed the smoke monster and protected the island. 4-5 people where able to escape off a plane. Before Jack sacrifices himself Hurley and Linus where the new protectors and they both stayed as the new protectors of the island.

Eventually everyone one dies at one point or another and remain lost especially Jack. They go into purgatory and they eventually find each other again and remember all they learned and went through in life. They finally find peace and are not lost anymore.

Cliffs
1. Crash on the island
2. Island is special because of the light. Light destroyed = good game
3. There is a protector of the island who made the plane crash to get new candidates to potentially replace him
4. People come and go and shit happens
5. One of the people who crashed (Jack) becomes the new protector of the island and kills the main antagonist.
6. He sacrifices himself and saves the island
7. They all eventually go into purgatory
8. All find themselves and reflect back on their lives (Jack) the protagonist was the main key in everyone who was lost to find themselves on the island and after they died (in purgatory) to find each other to move on to a better place.

[ May 24, 2010, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: essasin ]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com