Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Drove a BOSS 429 Yesterday (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Drove a BOSS 429 Yesterday
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yesterday afternoon I closed the shop down early to go to a customers house to work on his 1969 BOSS 429 Mustang. The car had the incorrect shifter installed on it, Hurst instead of Ford. He had been looking for over a year for the original Ford piece and finally found one. So my job was to install that and find the original wiring for the back up lights and get that all working again.

After the work was all done his tosses me the keys and insists I take it for a drive. I really didn't want to drive it at first. This car is in amazing condition and is valued at well over $200k [Eek!] In the end I couldn't resist the chance to drive such a rare piece of Mustang history. I took it for about a 5 mile drive and it was just amazing. Not amazingly powerful or anything like that, but just to know what it is that your driving and that most people will never get an opportunity like this was cool. [Big Grin]

Anyway, now after driving that car and a Ford GT I can die a happy man...lol [Wink]

[burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol good shit man. Boss 429... Bad ass expensive car.
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats sick. i guess thats the upside to owning a good shop and making power. you and shaun did that your selfs. u can thanks eachother. u guys do great work and you get rewarded in cool ways. i wish i could drive those cars....shit just to put em on a dyno would be fun. bad ass u lucky sob [patriot]

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:

Anyway, now after driving that car and a Ford GT I can die a happy man...lol [Wink]

[burnout]

Yeah, you might aswell start giving up on life. Im sure theres not much else left to experience.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right on..... That's like driving an original Shelby or a original hemi powered mopar. [worship] boss 429 FTMFW!!!!

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pics or it didn't happen!!!
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good shit! [patriot] I love the old Boss and Shelby cars.

It is kind of amazing though that a little super charged 281 can make more power than the monster 429 of old [Eek!]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Notch1320:
Pics or it didn't happen!!!

HAH! I was thinking that some may not believe me while I was driving it. So I snapped a few camera phone pics.

Here ya go;

-

Anyone recognize the blue vert in the garage? There is a lot of BOSS in this driveway! [Wink]

-

[ May 19, 2010, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:

It is kind of amazing though that a little super charged 281 can make more power than the monster 429 of old [Eek!]

Yeah, way more! At least way more easily. [burnout]

--------------------
AED

SWITCH 625.0
¯
Member # 9322

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SWITCH 625.0  Ford pictures for SWITCH 625.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Most Awesome Engine Compartment of All Time! I went with a friend to Oroville in the early 70s to meet a guy with several 427 FEs for sale. While in his garage looking at 427 engines and parts, his wife parks a 70 Mustang in the driveway. So as we are talking Ford engines with the guy, he walks out to the Mustang and says "have you ever seen one of these" as he pops the hood and reveals a Boss 429 !! What a Shock! I think my buddy and i were both expecting a 351C since his wife drove up in it, but there it was a Real 70 Boss 429 Mustang!

--------------------
04 TR Cobra
07 Shelby GT/SC 552 HP
89 Gt 331,AFR's,Paxton,TKO,3:73
68 Nova 396, 4 speed, 12 Bolt
65 SPF 427 Cobra Replica

Posts: 165 | From: Yuba City,Ca | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
am I the only one that can't see the pics?

Drew you are one lucky dude to be able to drive one of the best stangs ever built and of course the rarest... [worship]
Like somebody else said you were able to experience it because of your top quality work...

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lucky [worship]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Thanks for the kind words guys, but I think it has a lot to do with what 50Reasons said, LUCK!..lol

Can anyone see the pics? If not I'll host them somewhere else and repost.

--------------------
AED

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All I can say is F U

I am jealous...

congrats though, not many people can say they have driven one of those

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lucky you, I would have drove it all day not just for 5 miles [Wink]
FireVert03
¯
Member # 9807

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FireVert03  Ford pictures for FireVert03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your a lucky man...I would drive it more then 5 miles lol maybe the hole day and just say I got lost [Big Grin]

--------------------
1997 S/C cobra
2003 FireRed Cobra R.I.P
1995 Mustang GT
1989 Built 5.0(Sold)

Member of PBF

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
940sick3
CAFords OG
Member # 2713

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 940sick3  Ford pictures for 940sick3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice!

pics dont work BTW

--------------------
87 5.0 LX coupe
68 Falcon futura sports coupe

Posts: 552 | From: everywhere | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Pics fixed?

--------------------
AED

Jesse
¯
Member # 312

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse  Ford pictures for Jesse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Pics fixed?

They work for me.

Beautiful car.

Posts: 1342 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The phuqing donkey dick exhaust tips are ridiculous. Come on, a Boss 429 and the guy can't figure out how to hang his exhaust tips. WOW.
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How does it swang?

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

LOL @ the last two posts.

Only on CAFords! [Wink]

--------------------
AED

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ May 20, 2010, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Uncle Jim owns a Boss 429? Just asking because I see the vert in the garage?

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com