Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Who insures your hot rod? Help!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Who insures your hot rod? Help!
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My company won't touch anything that's been lowered even which is through Costco, IDS Insurance. So now I gotta change companies and want to know who you guys use and if you like them

Is it worth even mentioning how many mods this car has? Should I just say it's stock to get the cheap insurance, what are some of the tricks of the trade here? My car: 95 Gt, Full Griggs, built 383 with Vortech S trim, 560 rwhp, fuel cell, etc. Any advise would help? Thanks you guys

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

91GR40LX
¯
Member # 1329

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91GR40LX  Ford pictures for 91GR40LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One thing to consider...if you don't state any mods to your insurance company and get the cheap insurance, your mods won't be covered if something happens down the road.
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if it's not your daily driver you can get collector car insurance though hagarty or grundy, and it's super cheap but stated value.

just need to show proof of it not being your only car, you won't drive it to work, etc.

progressive also covers up to $2500 worth of mods if it is your daily driver.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Forgot to mention, just a weekend car maybe 4k miles a year and thanks for the info.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
grundy insurance. 20k car..max insurance limits = $318 a year.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hagerty. You might be a little more limited on the mileage. They may insure for more than 3K miles though...

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
Hagerty. You might be a little more limited on the mileage. They may insure for more than 3K miles though...

i looked into hagerty but skipped as they had way too many limitations like showing proof of a newer daily driver and they also charged a deductible and had mileage limitations from what i recall. on paper the deal grundy was offering was superior to hagerty's but in terms of hassles when filing a claim thats something i dont know about nor do i ever wish to ever find out.
[Wink]

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:

i looked into hagerty but skipped as they had way too many limitations like showing proof of a newer daily driver and they also charged a deductible and had mileage limitations from what i recall. on paper the deal grundy was offering was superior to hagerty's but in terms of hassles when filing a claim thats something i dont know about nor do i ever wish to ever find out.
[Wink]

I always shop so I'll have to compare. One thing that was a huge plus with Hagerty... they will actually insure a car that's under construction, including all of your parts.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Through Dashers I've got Bristol West and I pay 81/mo with 3 sports cars and 1 suv. With 2 points on my record..

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

Posts: 976 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Thanks guys, sounds like I got a couple of great options here and start calling on Monday, I've been paying way to much apparently.
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I use Heacock collector car insurance for my race car. $260 a year for stated value and all I had to do was show the car parked in my garage.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com