Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what are your thoughts on this?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what are your thoughts on this?
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This isn't one of those look at this POS posts, it's more of a damage assessment post..
I'm seriously considering buying this if it's not going to cost too much to quick fix it.
It runs and drives like a new car. Has HCI/new clutch and bolt ons.
Interior is in great shape, black with a dvd player head unit
It's going to have a salvage title, story is it ran down a hill while warming up with the e brake set, I guess they suck in C5's..
It's not a Z06 it's a FRC and has 75k miles..
What do you think it's worth?

here's the pics

-  -
 -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is how I would assess it.

Take the private party kbb value in "fair" condition...

Divide it by 2 for the salvaged title. And subtract $3500 for body/paint to give you a ballpark.

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
This isn't one of those look at this POS posts,

LOL, a cafords favorite.

"Hey everyone, look at this stupid CL add showing an 87 Vert with Louie Vitton interior being sold for $35K. I will go ahead and waste bandwidth and get jollies out of it by posting it on cafords to show that I can be entertained by something as boring as watching paint dry since I have cafords low IQ"

[Razz] [Wink]

[ May 04, 2010, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
This isn't one of those look at this POS posts,

LOL, a cafords favorite.

"Hey everyone, look at this stupid CL add showing an 87 Vert with Louie Vitton interior being sold for $35K. I will go ahead and waste bandwidth and get jollies out of it by posting it on cafords to show that I can be entertained by something as boring as watching paint dry since I have cafords low IQ"

[Razz] [Wink]

Whoa! LMAO. But, it does entertain while killing time at work! [Big Grin]
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That would put the value of the car at about 2000 dollars...
I don't think dude is going to take only 2k for it, you could probably part it out for more than that haha.
I was thinking I'd offer him around 6500 or so, He'll probably take that offer. But is that still worth it? Probably not i guess...

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The way I see it is that a Vette sucks unless it was in mint condition and FAST. But damn that shit is fucked up I wouldn't do it, that's just me though

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Yeah it dynod 450 at the wheels, not insane but it'd definitely be a fun car repaired.
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
put it on a rack and check for other damage

compression and leak down on the motor to make sure its not fubar, its been worked over good already so it might be great or might be shit

if the above checks out and itas only visual, buy it, do the min to fix it and mob the shit out of it

if that car was in CA, it would be a steal at 6500 for a transplant project, into a 55 chevy or the like, selling all the left overs would probably bring net cost to ZERO

if it was in CA, I would buy it and transplant it into the 68

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Must be mild heads and cam if hes using stock tb and intake.

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the fact the front tires smacked the fenders hard enough to crack them means there's a lot of hidden damage IMO.

if it was an easy fix I bet the owner would have already taken care of it, hell it has a h/c/i setup so doesn't seem like he's afraid to put money in the car...

pass.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com