Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » For you fellow riders... :)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: For you fellow riders... :)
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, I thought i'd share this on the board since i know some of you ride out there...this occured down the street from where i live and was about 2 weeks ago. I got pics to share...Since the crash, I went back on my first ride today on my R1 and it was awsome...

The story with the crash was I was taking a brand new, 09 Kawisaki Ninja ZX-6R Monster Edition to the shop for its break-in Service. (800 miles on her!) So while en route, this delievery truck threw a rod and dumped oil out the oil pan, spilling out into the roadway...I saw the truck and was about to make a lane change and then...BAM!...my back wheel slides out to the right, and the bike lowsides...so i laid it down and let it go...45 mph...im watching the bike slide on the oil and crash into the back of the truck. Then i kept sliding and slammed into the bike, goin under the truck...I managed to walk away with severe tissue damage around my spine, two buldges on my necl (C3 and C4), and a bent spine...along with road rash on my new....but nothing broken.Thanks to AlpineStars...my jacket and riding shoes protected me very well...and it shows how important it is to wear gear, even thought that day it was 75 degrees....if a t-shirt was all i had...it would have been way worse...anyway, enjoy the pics...

Heres the bike when it was new...
 -

then theres oil...
 -

from here...the source...
 -

oops...
 -

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
STANGBOY
¯
Member # 7868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGBOY  Ford pictures for STANGBOY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bet u were popin a wheelie lol [Razz]

nice to hear nothing serious happen to u

--------------------
1986 mustang notchback

she's good from far but far from good

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats crazy man! Good news is you walked away from this.

As soon as I get another bike, I'm going to get some leather gear. I currently only have a thin summer jacket that wont save me from shit.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow [Eek!] .. good thing you came out ok!

edit: well better than what it could have been!

[ April 23, 2010, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: Pure Stang ]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow that is messed up! I am glad you are ok. I am sure you have been told or now this already but....I never ride center of a lane while I am in trafic. It is one side of lane or other(actualy in the curves either) for that very reason plus you have no visability of what is comming out benieth a car that is just in front of you.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad you're ok. You'd be surprised just how much knee pads and elbow pads help.

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1QUIK93:
Glad you're ok. You'd be surprised just how much knee pads and elbow pads help.

100% Agree [patriot]

I'm glad you are ok though, it could've been alot worse. Ride Safe [patriot]

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
wow that is messed up! I am glad you are ok. I am sure you have been told or now this already but....I never ride center of a lane while I am in trafic. It is one side of lane or other(actualy in the curves either) for that very reason plus you have no visability of what is comming out benieth a car that is just in front of you.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I used to do the same - choose one side of the lane and avoid the center. Glad to hear you're ok after a scary-looking crash.
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
04mustanggtkibby
¯
Member # 4202

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04mustanggtkibby  Ford pictures for 04mustanggtkibby    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ouch..

--------------------
-Ford For Life-

TubeSteakJohnson
¯
Member # 8967

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for TubeSteakJohnson  Ford pictures for TubeSteakJohnson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I use to wipe out all the time but not anymore. THANK YOU POCKET BIKE MONKEY!!!!
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy shit bro. I'm glad you're ok! You do that on El camino? Sucks to here people you know or have met up with having stuff like this happen. Glad your ok. Nike was insured I hope?

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com