Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What are some good supplements? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What are some good supplements?
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I"m back at the gym again and I would like to get some recomendations on some good supplements to use to build lean muscle and drop a little bodyfat. I'm not a fat out of shape beer drinker by any means lol! but I wanna get more "cut" I tried some stuff someone recommended in a thread last year "sus 500" It worked good but it made me wanna kick my friends ass when we went out lol! Now i already know that most of you guys on this board bench press ATLEAST 500lbs with ease so I'm sure I will get some good suggestions [Big Grin]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Find a good whey protein (I use the stacked GNC brand)
Find a very good multi-vitamin (I use the GNC Mega Mens multipack.
I cycle on and off Creatine from time to time
And I use Glutamine after my workouts.

This plus a nice balanced diet will get you there. (for a good diet plan check out www.sparkpeople.com I use this for my diet tracker and its free). If you find you are plateauing and not getting your results look into some upper level supps. BUt chances are this will get you there. No need to go balls out on supps if you are just starting. Not quite to 500, but I am slappin 4 plates [Big Grin]

[ April 12, 2010, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It may sound funny but eating spinach gives lots of protein. I try to eat lots of veggies and fruits too. I make myself a shake everyday that consist of soy milk, one banana, spinach, and frozen fruits, Takes pretty good and healthy. Nuts also help with energy. I use to take whey protein but after taking health classes I learn that just by eating the right foods you could be healthy and lean. Hope this helps

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i like the muscle milk products for protein (they just taste fantastic), a good multivitamin and universal animal pump. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
vjay88
¯
Member # 7495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vjay88  Ford pictures for vjay88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The BSN stuff is really good.

Pre work out-N.O. xplode
After work out- cell mass
Protien/after workout- Syntha 6, get cookies and cream.
Supplement- Nitrix

Posts: 276 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 on the muscle milk and i would add some man multi vitamin from gnc.i need to go get some myself ive been doing the low carb diet so im missing out on some stuff that i need.just think ive already lost 25 and still have 60 to go [Eek!]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
It may sound funny but eating spinach gives lots of protein. I try to eat lots of veggies and fruits too. I make myself a shake everyday that consist of soy milk, one banana, spinach, and frozen fruits, Takes pretty good and healthy. Nuts also help with energy. I use to take whey protein but after taking health classes I learn that just by eating the right foods you could be healthy and lean. Hope this helps

+1, if you are disciplined enough, this is THE BEST route. But honestly I would try to do it as natural as possible when beginning. Lets your body do things naturally before you start supplementing it with stuff your body can do on its own.

Good luck.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On whey protein powder.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what happened to the chubby white chick diet you were on [Confused]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
V12 Turbo tricreatine. You will lose bodyfat and put on muscle quickly. Best supplement i have ever taken in my bodybuilding career. i was going to see how it would do in my fire career but the place i ordered it from ripped me off. Never buy from betterbodz.com, horrible customer service.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pre workout: muscletech's naNO vapor
gnc multivitamins

i think imma be switching out to six star whey protein, 50g of protein less calories. but if youre real serious on getting real lean you can cough up EXTRA dollars and get 0cal IsoPure. As far as naNO vapor goes, it claims to give you extra energy, and work you out harder. I believe it works you out harder, but it doesnt give me extra energy like N O Xplode did. Ever since i been taking Mega Men's multi vits i stopped drinking coffee, and just all out feel better all day.

P.S.
not too long ago i posted about starting p90x, since then i lost 29lbs. i was semi dedicated to p90x for the first 4weeks, i cut down to a way STRICTER diet since, and is now power lifting again. the only things i do from p90x is YOGA, AB ripper, and KENPO.

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol@ all the supplement bs! if you're at the gym you're going to build no matter what, and for your cut that you're looking for you might wanna just hit some cardio jog on a treadmill. your body doesnt need supplements if your not a fat beer drinking lop! [Big Grin]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
muscle milk is great..and this product called monster mass..you should check it out

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
king_jays_50
¯
Member # 9513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for king_jays_50  Ford pictures for king_jays_50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
muscle milk products work really good i no alot of people usin them and have improved alot including myself, i'm 6' tall and before i started usin muscle milk i was probably 155 soakin wet with rocks in my pockets (hella bony)and i was up 2 185 in a few months! But whatever u get u shouled order it from here http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/index.html they have the best prices i've seen
Posts: 711 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Serious mass is some good shit, it's protien has creatine and heella vitamins in it. It's like 45 for a 12lb bag. When u get it in the mail it looks like a small dog food bag.
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by king_jays_50:
But whatever u get u shouled order it from here http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/index.html they have the best prices i've seen

False...

buy from http://www.tfsupplements.com/
or http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/Default.asp?

I personally like supplement warehouse because they meet and beat any price by 5%, so I will use google shopping to find the lowest price online and have never had a problem. I will say that you will pay a little more in shipping and handling, but still the best prices I have seen considering they will meet and beat any competitor.

[Big Grin]

Oh, and bodybuilding.com quit selling pro hormones like sus 500 last year after the FDA started cracking down on pro hormones... [Frown]

[ April 12, 2010, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: rgtrahn ]

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hear steroids build lean mass pretty quick

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
google is your friend.

http://www.criticalbench.com/how-to-get-ripped-muscle.htm

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by white1990stang:
google is your friend.

http://www.criticalbench.com/how-to-get-ripped-muscle.htm

I do not necessarily agree with that article. The higher reps and lower weight thing has been proven to be essential when going through a hypertrophy stage in your workout. I also seen tremendous gains with cycling on and off a hypertrophy stage. Google + this article is like anything else you read. Take what you need from it. Weight lifting is not a one size fit all solution as everyone is different. But that article did contain some useful information.

[ April 12, 2010, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

white1990stang
¯
Member # 2307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for white1990stang  Ford pictures for white1990stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree. I didnt really buy that part either. When i found that i was looking up ways to get more defined muscles and what i found is that you need to lower your body fat percentage. Good diet and cardio.

--------------------
You must be fast, cause I was haullin ass when I passed you.

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna try a couple of the supplements you guys suggested to see how it works for me. I have already modified my diet with more fruits veggies and protein. I'm eating smaller meals and drinking ALOT of water too. If this don't work, My next thread is gonna ask "what are some good PED's!" I wanna get on that Manny Pacroid program lol [Big Grin]

--------------------

90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
super pump 250 works good if u do get it get fruit punch and dont drink it passed 9pm or u will bee up all night

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

one thing no one mentioned is get a physical or get checked out. Some supps are not ideal for folks with high blood pressure or taking certain meds. I heard of a cat having a severe reaction to the supps he was taking when it mixed with his asthma meds.
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 superpump worked great for me but if I was you I would just ease my way back into it with a good protein (isolate) powder multivitamins and most importantly a good diet. Goodluck!

--------------------
03 Terminator

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
one thing no one mentioned is get a physical or get checked out. Some supps are not ideal for folks with high blood pressure or taking certain meds. I heard of a cat having a severe reaction to the supps he was taking when it mixed with his asthma meds.

I don't have high blood pressure or take any meds so i'm good. good lookin out though

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com