Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Opinions on trading my 93 Cobra for a 99 Lightning (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Opinions on trading my 93 Cobra for a 99 Lightning
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't mind the painted interior pieces:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1204592

Here is my car:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/lightnings-buy-sell-245/659071-trade-blown-93-cobra-2nd-gen-lightning.html

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for siri95  Ford pictures for siri95  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cleeaan!

I would keep the 93 Cobra

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1992 Ford F-150 XLT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
both are really nice and i have seen yours in person. man do what is going to make you happy. and i also feel you on the smog laws. where you been man hope all is good.
Late Tee

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep the car.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep the 93 cobra
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The only reason I'd think of doing it is because smog issues. The Cobra needs tuned and that's about it but the smog still lingers in the picture. If it was as simple as passing every 2 years then no big deal but with all the cops sending people to the ref it's a huge gamble to drive it. Some people just say fuck it but once they get caught its a whole different story.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd keep the car

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
The only reason I'd think of doing it is because smog issues. The Cobra needs tuned and that's about it but the smog still lingers in the picture. If it was as simple as passing every 2 years then no big deal but with all the cops sending people to the ref it's a huge gamble to drive it. Some people just say fuck it but once they get caught its a whole different story.

ditto/zerox

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
an 8# pulley on a stock block lightning is asking for problems. To be honest anything over 4# is playing on borrowed time. I've seen many with this amount of boost go straight onto the freeway stab it and boom.

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my personal opinion sorry for being so blunt but.....FUCK THAT SHIT KEEP THE COBRA I THINK THOSE TRUCKS ARE NOT AS COOL AS EVERYONE THINKS..... but good luck with the dicision

[patriot]

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
both are really nice and i have seen yours in person. man do what is going to make you happy. and i also feel you on the smog laws. where you been man hope all is good.
Late Tee

Thanks Tee, where have you been???? I actually moved closer to you, sold the pizza place and have a actual M-F job.

Parting with the car will be hard when/if I ever do. It will have to be the right situation and the right car. The major issue with this truck is that it is across the country.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

My major reason other than always wanting a lighting is that I NEVER drive it. It has been non-op for a couple years and have not wanted to deal with the smog. The most driving it has got other than pulling it in or out of the garage is when I moved 15 miles to a new house!!!

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep the cobra..lightnings are ok.but 93 cobras are waaaaaaay cleaner..
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How is trading a modded cobra for a modded lightning going to make smog time any easier? I'd keep the cobra, unless you need a truck(though I think a harley davidson f150 would be a better choice than a lightning).

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
don't sell it Dave, but if you need the lightning then don't trade for a 99 or 00, bad heads for sure!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Thanks for the input. I will probably just keep it. I am sure I would feel different if I could just get it smogged and drive it.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
Thanks for the input. I will probably just keep it. I am sure I would feel different if I could just get it smogged and drive it.

what do you have planed for this weekend?

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

just hanging out. Jeff is supposed to come over.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
just hanging out. Jeff is supposed to come over.

you should make an appearance at the bbq, a much awaited for re introduction back in to the mustang world lol.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

I will talk to Jeff and see what he has going on.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Trade it, Lightnings are waaay sick.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
I will talk to Jeff and see what he has going on.

for sure lmk should i invite your besty ricky bobby?

[ March 29, 2010, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: fr5.0 ]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont trade the cobra....keep it... i would hate to sell a car like that... i would get a lightning later, fuck the smog nazis dont let them put you down...

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep the 93 cobra... [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
85staNg302
¯
Member # 9450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85staNg302  Ford pictures for 85staNg302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dag302 u should jus lemme get it so you wont have to worry about smoging it or thinking of getting rid of it [Big Grin] ..haha naw but yea keep the cobra [burnout]
Posts: 1561 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com