Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Seriously, stereo install takes 4 days!?!? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Seriously, stereo install takes 4 days!?!?
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
one deck
two front speakers
two rear speakers

Dropped car off Tuesday and it still isn't done?! Was told it would take about 4 hours if that.

I pulled out all the interior and old deck so it would be even easier for these sons of bitches and the car still isn't done.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd be worried. Go in there hella mad you might get some free sh*t
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
one deck
two front speakers
two rear speakers

Dropped car off Tuesday and it still isn't done?! Was told it would take about 4 hours if that.

I pulled out all the interior and old deck so it would be even easier for these sons of bitches and the car still isn't done.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

you should have just done it your self stereo
work is real easy to do

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes if theyre' working on a ton of other cars and making yours less of a priority.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its friday and its not done. there would be "some smoke in the city" my boy does that in two hours tops

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your car is at the sideshows right as I'm typing this, on a serious note it shouldn't have taken more than a couple of hours, I would go get it ASAP, because you're obviously dealing with morons.

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
one deck
two front speakers
two rear speakers

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

so the told you it would take four hours to do
from start to finsh did the tell you the would start working on it as soon as you droped off

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Granted the speakers are getting custom installments rather than stock locations and some recovering of the door panels where the old speakers where but don't tell me it will be a day tops then 4 days later I still get no call.

Called him at 11:30. Says we are finishing it up right now....then goes on to say the deck isn't even in yet and the front speakers are just about to go in. So it took 3 days to install two rear speakers!??!

F'n beside myself. I can't get over there I"m at work. They close at 5 same time I get off. They open at 7am tomorrow I'll be there at 6:30am

SHIT! This place came highly recomended for working on older cars. Read no bad comments about them in YELP. Once I get my car back I'm blastin their shop!

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
one deck
two front speakers
two rear speakers

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

so the told you it would take four hours to do
from start to finsh did the tell you the would start working on it as soon as you droped off

I'll give them 3 days then because when I dropped it off they did say next morning they'll start on it. So I apologize....3 days not 4. Honestly after 2 days its bullshit
94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck that go pick ur shit up boy . I woulda never left it over night [BS flag]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jdub07:
Granted the speakers are getting custom installments rather than stock locations and some recovering of the door panels where the old speakers where but don't tell me it will be a day tops then 4 days later I still get no call.

Called him at 11:30. Says we are finishing it up right now....then goes on to say the deck isn't even in yet and the front speakers are just about to go in. So it took 3 days to install two rear speakers!??!

F'n beside myself. I can't get over there I"m at work. They close at 5 same time I get off. They open at 7am tomorrow I'll be there at 6:30am

SHIT! This place came highly recomended for working on older cars. Read no bad comments about them in YELP. Once I get my car back I'm blastin their shop!
[/QUOTE ok just read your last response that is some b/s i would ask for some type of discount for them taking so long doing your car an be clam when talking to them b/c yelling at them an get load will get you no were fast

[ March 26, 2010, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: fasthatch ]

xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
even with the custom installments it shouldn't taken more than 2-3hrs, I'd be very suspicious and check the car out for any damage, abuse or extra mileage.
quote:

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

I'm trying to be calm on the phone and don't want to cause shit. I don't want free stuff or anything. I'm really just hoping they do a clean job and do it right so I wont have to go back.

Clearly I'll be going over every inch of the car when I get there tomrrow. Trying ever single electrical component from the blinkers to the whipers, oh and the stereo of course.

I even had a dream last night I got the car back and it was such a hack job [Frown] this blows.

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
I'm trying to be calm on the phone and don't want to cause shit. I don't want free stuff or anything. I'm really just hoping they do a clean job and do it right so I wont have to go back.

Clearly I'll be going over every inch of the car when I get there tomrrow. Trying ever single electrical component from the blinkers to the whipers, oh and the stereo of course.

I even had a dream last night I got the car back and it was such a hack job [Frown] this blows.

go in clam a check it out before you pay for the job an speak to the owner/shop manger an ask them why did take so long an never got a call from them
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where did you go jdub? around here? they prob mest somthing up and waiting on the part.. doesnt sound right

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sometimes it takes time to do things right, no need to freak out until you see the job [Smile]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

I wouldn't freek so much if they'd at least call ONE TIME. They have yet to call me even once. I end up calling them.

Hey what up with the blue mustang?

Oh yeah couple more hours - 2 days ago

Hey what up with the blue mustang?

Oh yeah just finishing it up right now - 11:30 today

So they close at 5 and they still haven't called to tell me it wont be done. This place sucks

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you visited the car? or just called them? I wonder if they fucked up your car some how and don't want to tell you while they try and fix it.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
Have you visited the car? or just called them? I wonder if they fucked up your car some how and don't want to tell you while they try and fix it.

That is my main fear. I can't get over there until the morning so I'll just have to wait [Frown]
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn man i hope they didn't screw something up, keep us informed.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Man I'm with him, It seems like they are stalling HARD!!! I have done many customs stereo install. You can remove a complete interior, wire a complete stereo amps/speaker/subs/deck & reinstall the interior in 1 day. Hopefully its not serious. Take a camera with you when you go.

Good luck, keep us posted.

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

That is my main fear. I can't get over there until the morning so I'll just have to wait [Frown]
Dont tell me you took it to Jr's? [Frown]

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like juniors

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea somthing is deff. Up I've done 15 installs in one day start at 9am to 5 pm with a break most I've done in a day and were front rear speakers and antenas and decks all in fox bodies at downtown ford so they either are slacking or fucked somthing up bad

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They Fucked something up and they are ordering the part to fix it. Maybe a respray or something. I would go in and at least ask to see your car.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com