Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » H2 or Escalade EXT? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: H2 or Escalade EXT?
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you guys think I should get? the mpg is kinda similar (H2 is about 10 mpg ext is 12mpg)

2003-2006

--------------------
To be or not to be

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Between the two I would have to go with the Caddy. But if I was getting a big ass truck I'd get a Ford F-350 Super Duty!
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Neither, they are both honestly POS's

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was going throu the same problem last year . It was a HD truck , escalade ext or a h2

It all maters on what are you going to use the car for. If you want to tow I say get the caddy. If you want a tank get a H2 . The Both have the same chassis and engine . I just thought the second row on the hummer was way to small.

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont really have a purpose to buy them..I just like them but I dont know which one to get..I want to put some 24's and call it a day! any pros and cons?

--------------------
To be or not to be

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:

+1

If you live in the bay area, imo, those tanks are useless in every way. good luck finding parking in any city

[ March 24, 2010, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: 68stanger ]

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

04mustanggtkibby
¯
Member # 4202

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04mustanggtkibby  Ford pictures for 04mustanggtkibby    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Escalade out of the two... There so clean!

--------------------
-Ford For Life-

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
24s on the H2 and some slap and call it a day [patriot]

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
24s on the H2 and some slap and call it a day [patriot]

+1, I like the ruggedness. I am hoping to have one in August for promotional purposes for the MAGIC show in Vegas.
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I was going throu the same problem last year . It was a HD truck , escalade ext or a h2

It all maters on what are you going to use the car for. If you want to tow I say get the caddy. If you want a tank get a H2 . The Both have the same chassis and engine . I just thought the second row on the hummer was way to small.

meh, HD truck is in a class all by itself, it can't be compared.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

I like both of those p.o.s...but im going to look into a H2 with 24"s with beefy tires and put in my 2 13" Jl Audio subs....unless I find a pearl white escalade for a good price

--------------------
To be or not to be

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:

meh, HD truck is in a class all by itself, it can't be compared.
i know the HD is in its own class ,but these where the trucks I was looking into. I was looking @ a 04 burgandy H2 or a 05 ext in the same burgandy. I bought my HD truck and I'll never look back again.

H2 on 24s ... I'm tired of denalis and Escalades

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just remember that the Hummer brand is now retired.

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

Zeke34
¯
Member # 9432

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zeke34  Ford pictures for Zeke34    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know what you intend on using the truck for but my vote is for an Escalade.

--------------------
Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming that Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:

+1

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Neither they are both POS wanna-be thug cars. if you want a real rig get a H1

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just get a prius on some 17's and call it a day. [dance]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would take the Escalade. But only thing about the Escalade is that its basically a Suburban with Caddy emblems.
Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Diesel excursion ...or if you wanna get a real diesel get a cummins. ..(dodge) with a allison behind it..them dodge trannys are garb ..chevy has the best transmissions ..dodge has the best engines ..and ford has the best chassis ..crazzzy

[ March 24, 2010, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: 91silverbullet ]

Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
STANGBOY
¯
Member # 7868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGBOY  Ford pictures for STANGBOY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get one of these

-

-

-

--------------------
1986 mustang notchback

she's good from far but far from good

AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Escalade, unless youre looking to get the newer hummers? NOW those are just CRAZY!! New H2 hands down.

http://emotorauto.com/wp-content/uploads/strut-hummer-h2-matte-black.jpg

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/13929-2005-Hummer-H2.jpg

[ March 25, 2010, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: AbominableSnoman... ]

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would get a new 2010 all black Tahoe with all options, 24" black rims with the chrome lip....
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Neither.
Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
gray03gt
¯
Member # 6427

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gray03gt  Ford pictures for gray03gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Financially pointless. If you have to be seen in either of the two, then it's your choice.
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your thinking hummer and dont get a H1 you should be shot on sight [patriot]

--------------------
Jesus is king!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com