Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Roadside Emission FTL

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Roadside Emission FTL
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So a buddy of mine found his way to a intown roadside emissions. He drives a slammed 07 silverado, with a k&n and flows dumped. They asked for his smog papers and he said its an 07 he didnt have any. They asked to put his truck on the flatbed smog machine and he said no sorry I dont have time. They let him go. A mile down the road he gets pulled over for Modified exuahst. I dont know if he got a ticket yet, he hasnt text me back... Thats pretty homo if you ask me.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
So a buddy of mine found his way to a intown roadside emissions. He drives a slammed 07 silverado, with a k&n and flows dumped. They asked for his smog papers and he said its an 07 he didnt have any. They asked to put his truck on the flatbed smog machine and he said no sorry I dont have time. They let him go. A mile down the road he gets pulled over for Modified exuahst. I dont know if he got a ticket yet, he hasnt text me back... Thats pretty homo if you ask me.

the do the samething with dui too
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do dumped flows make it illegal?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:

the got him for to load of exhaust the db level is to high
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What gay ass town was this in?

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Frisco bay area..

Jk. Vacaville

But yeah im sure it was too loud. Looks like im parking the stang for today!

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Frisco bay area..

Jk. Vacaville

But yeah im sure it was too loud. Looks like im parking the stang for today!

where or what street, i was hoping to pull the cobra outta the garage today.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good for your friend to refuse, I would have told them they can put it were the moon don't shine! [Big Grin]

now about the modified exhaust, well you can always just smog the car and go to court, and hope for the best!

NOTE: If they ask you for roadside smog and you refuse, make sure you make the first right, then left, then a right and left and get the *&^* out of there [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

The smog stop's at Elmira and Nut tree, just before the intersection. Yea keep it garaged today bro. Or stay on the other side of town.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
make sure you make the first right, then left, then a right and left and get the *&^* out of there [Whoo Whooooo!]

Is this from the criminals hand guide? [Wink]
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
make sure you make the first right, then left, then a right and left and get the *&^* out of there [Whoo Whooooo!]

Is this from the criminals hand guide? [Wink]
hahahahaha
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You gotta be kidding me...

When the economy goes down the shitter, they look for a lot of creative revenue buses.

Luckily Oakland has too many problems for this to be a real worry me thinks.

Making me reconsider my Off-road H [Wink]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Crazy. And I have local cops rev on me while I'm at a stoplight in the 03. Go figure...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn this is the 1st time i hear about sumthing like this. good to know. thankz

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Crazy. And I have local cops rev on me while I'm at a stoplight in the 03. Go figure...

how about the 93 do they rev lol [Big Grin]
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
modified exhaust tickets are the easiest tickets to beat!
all of your surroundings come in to play, buildings cant be a certain distance and db devises have to be used!
as soon as you start asking questions like how close was the closest building, and what device did you use to calculate my db..........case dropped!
on my street bike i started asking the cop if i could see his db calibration tool and he started fumbling, so i asked for his super this dumb f@#k said get out of hear wow i was like hell no get him down here now!
as i was pulling off even over my exhaust i could hear him getting chewed out lol.
its all about intimidation.........dont fall for it! [BS flag]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
2tone2be
¯
Member # 9346

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2tone2be  Ford pictures for 2tone2be  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:

yeahi also got a ticket for having a midified exhaust by having dump #1 chamber with the stock h pipe with cats,i knnow he just pulled me over cause he seem me young and thought in finding drugs they even brought the k-9 wat an ass i laughed when they were done and told them to go and look for the dealers not people that works hard for their money.

--------------------
06cbr 1000rr.full exhaust,power commander,geared,k&n filter.
94 stock gt
94 accord
03 civic wrecked.

Posts: 286 | From: san jose/modesto | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
The smog stop's at Elmira and Nut tree, just before the intersection. Yea keep it garaged today bro. Or stay on the other side of town.

thats almost around the corner where i stay theses days, but opposite of the road i take to work! thanks for heads up though! [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah they need money so their comming up with alot of ideas 2 get paid!! Next big rims will get a ticket LoL, Excuse me sir you have 24" on your truck the legal limit is 17" Ha, Ha!!! $500 ticket.

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

85staNg302
¯
Member # 9450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85staNg302  Ford pictures for 85staNg302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

i seen u on nut tree last weekend bro i believe u seen me also i was in da stock white sn..
Posts: 1561 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
flores50
¯
Member # 9122

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores50  Ford pictures for flores50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^forgot my bro was still signed on under his name n meant to post dis under mine..lol
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
modified exhaust tickets are the easiest tickets to beat!
all of your surroundings come in to play, buildings cant be a certain distance and db devises have to be used!
as soon as you start asking questions like how close was the closest building, and what device did you use to calculate my db..........case dropped!
on my street bike i started asking the cop if i could see his db calibration tool and he started fumbling, so i asked for his super this dumb f@#k said get out of hear wow i was like hell no get him down here now!
as i was pulling off even over my exhaust i could hear him getting chewed out lol.
its all about intimidation.........dont fall for it! [BS flag]

Depends on what VC section You are referring to...
[Roll Eyes]

Maxoctane
¯
Member # 1466

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maxoctane  Ford pictures for Maxoctane  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I drove into it yesterday!
They had the orange signs up that said 'roadwork ahead' but when I saw a CHP officer standing on the side witha stop/slow sign in his hand I was like "oh shit". My 98 has a catted x-pipe & dumped flows and is hella loud so I thought for sure he was gonna pull me in (it does pass the sniffer though). Luckily I just pushed in the clutch and coasted by. They actually had a bone stock 2000sumthing Accord on the dyno at the time.
CARB and the EPA are getting out of control with this shit.
JOIN THE SEMA ACTION NETWORK!
http://www.semasan.com

--------------------
www.maxcarauto.com
BUY/SELL/TRADE/FINANCE

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The EPA and CARB have very little oversight and are run more like a private corporation than a State/Federal agency...

I know something is going down in April... CARB may be passing some new regulation or something... Been overhearing some conversations between my girl and her coworkers. But it all seems pretty hush hush...

I know that they (CARB) have recently been in contact with law enforcement around the state and have been hounding them to up their level of involvement: hood pops on regular traffic stops, mobile smog stations, sending more and more cars to the ref...

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com