Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Do we have any garbage truck drivers here? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do we have any garbage truck drivers here?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kind of a semi rant, but these mofo's that do the garbage pick up here are some lazy ass bastards. I mean it aint like the old school garbage men that actually had to pick up the cans by hand. These days a damn robot arm does it and they still leave a damn mess. Dropping trash out cans, Dropping the cans themselves where ever they please, being to lazy to actually get out of the truck to scoot cans over.

Do these fools have any kind of service standards they have to adhere to? I wanna call and drop the dime on our dude. He actually took the time to get out the truck and leave a note stating he could not pick up a can because it was too close to a vehicle. But he could not move the can over so the damn arm could grab it. [BS flag]

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
union workers hahah

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pathetic!
Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If he moves the can, then you dont think twice about it moving forward, now that you are stuck with 2 weeks worth of trash and probably having to get one of those stupid stickers so they'll take an extra trash bag.....

Bet you wont leave the trash can so close to your car anymore. [Wink]

That sucks though. Ive had that happen at my parents house awhile back. Needless to say I learned my lesson.

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If they got out for every person that didn't know where to place there garbage can they wouldn't be done till 12 midnight . As they already have to personaly have to pull out elderly and handicap garbage out to the curb then when the hopper is ful have to damn near clean the clean it manualy just give your can some room to clear your cars and keep in mind these light weight garbage cans will fall over or will be placed a little off every once and a while the guys just doing his job and with all the lay offs in waist management thethey have twice as much work because all of these lames who can't do simple math walking away from there loans cuz there intrest only loans gambles have blown up in there faces, got a good friend on here who lost his job to that bullshit

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work for the garbage company here in pacheco...MY policy is,if its my fault I will get out and pick it up,overload your cart and it spills everywhere you pick it up.

leave your cart to close to a car or fence,I wont get out to move it,you can pay 35 bucks for us to come back or wait till next pick up.Our trucks have these new nextels that take a picture sends it to the customer service and provides the exact address where you sent the picture from...

I feel your rant though we have some lazy ass drivers who just dont care....

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r1  Ford pictures for r1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn dont talk shit about garbage truck drivers here hahaha i had to load my driver up withs ome beer and gatorade adn havent had any issues again!

--------------------
shit breaks then you buy the good stuff

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by r1:
damn dont talk shit about garbage truck drivers here hahaha i had to load my driver up withs ome beer and gatorade adn havent had any issues again!

I made friends with mine years ago too and everything has been fine. But I have yet to see the guys that go around in our neighborhood drop trash anywhere.
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 23109:
union workers hahah

whats wrong with union workers?

I worked at a NON union shop and seen the same shit if not worse...people always assume only union workers are lazy...

I have 0 complaints about my local.good business agent/shop stewards,great pay for what we do,above average pension, 100% medical for me n my wife/dependents 100% benefits at retirement.

what does your job offer you?

[ February 19, 2010, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: phonso302 ]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lame...the cans were where they were supposed to be. a car just squeezed in.the thing that kills me is he got out his truck and walked several yards to stick a note on the door versus just move the can about 2 feet. also the garbage being dropped and cans just thrown around is bs.

I don't want no one fired. but dude is a lazy fuck.

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
lame...the cans were where they were supposed to be. a car just squeezed in.the thing that kills me is he got out his truck and walked several yards to stick a note on the door versus just move the can about 2 feet. also the garbage being dropped and cans just thrown around is bs.

not defending anyone but a lot of time shit like this comes from management...we have been told 10000000 times "its not your job to move or rearrange carts,if its blocked leave it and we can go back and charge em" call customer service and complain,next week on your g-mans route sheet you will show up as "sensitive account" which means no spills,all carts upright any problems notify supervisor.....
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well where do you start? People put the cans to close together and then they also put to close to cars. The whole point of the automated service was to reduce accidents and injuries. I will usually give you once or twice then i start to leave the notes. And if i move yours i have to move the neighbors. I'm cool on that. For the most we dont have problems but there are some customers that do that and those are the ones that i call dispatch about and even take camera phone pics. The pics cover me when my supervisor goes and explains the situation to them.

Now for the mess if i make it i will get out and clean up. Happens sometimes but not alot. If your lid on the can is not closed completely and it hit the ground " ill see you next week". Your service you pay for is for a can with lid closed , not for a can with anothers week worth of trash stuffed on top.

so be easy on the trash man. you never know when you might need that extra dump. Christmas, b-day party etc.......

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
Well where do you start? People put the cans to close together and then they also put to close to cars. The whole point of the automated service was to reduce accidents and injuries. I will usually give you once or twice then i start to leave the notes. And if i move yours i have to move the neighbors. I'm cool on that. For the most we dont have problems but there are some customers that do that and those are the ones that i call dispatch about and even take camera phone pics. The pics cover me when my supervisor goes and explains the situation to them.

Now for the mess if i make it i will get out and clean up. Happens sometimes but not alot. If your lid on the can is not closed completely and it hit the ground " ill see you next week". Your service you pay for is for a can with lid closed , not for a can with anothers week worth of trash stuffed on top.

so be easy on the trash man. you never know when you might need that extra dump. Christmas, b-day party etc.......

f#$kem up pinky!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

"sensitive account"
This really exists?
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We are all almost Union N8 so your complaint will never ever get anyone fired man. Sorry for your situation but all I can say is make sure your cans are away from objects and three feet between cans.

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
union workers hahah

I worked at a NON union shop and seen the same shit if not worse...people always assume only union workers are lazy...

I have 0 complaints about my local.good business agent/shop stewards,great pay for what we do,above average pension, 100% medical for me n what does your job offer you?

I'm a city worker. Union made and union paid. I'm saying I would pick up shit I don't have to either.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

"sensitive account"
This really exists?
yup theres

sensitive account
do not miss
note time of service
property service
problem customer
take all extras
MAYORS HOUSE "no spills"

its like this dude you can sit on your cpu n complain n nothing will get done,next time you see the driver do something you dislike get his truck number and call and complain,no one will get fired for something like that,bitched at probably.That way next time he strolls thru your neighborhood he will remember he cant get away with making a mess cus people will complain...

[ February 19, 2010, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: phonso302 ]

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pretty simple solution...put the trash can away from the car so the guy doesnt have to go out of his way to pickup the garbage..if everyone chose to leave the garbage in non ideal places the workers wouldnt be able to do their routes in a timely manner. he left it there to send a message to u so next time im sure ull leave it in a convenient location.. [Wink]
N8
¯
Member # 6048

oh I did call. didn't need his truck number either. but yea I feel what ya'll saying, after all I only lived here for 3 weeks. but I saw the pattern forming. every week garbage all over our court and garbage cans placed all over the damn place. and its not just me it is hella folks in our court.
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
oh I did call. didn't need his truck number either. but yea I feel what ya'll saying, after all I only lived here for 3 weeks. but I saw the pattern forming. every week garbage all over our court and garbage cans placed all over the damn place. and its not just me it is hella folks in our court.

bet next trash day will be different...most guys try to test customers to see what they can get away with...a complaint changes that quick and if the route supervisor wont help call your local waste authority...what county you live in?
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
union workers hahah

LMAO!!!!!
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
union workers hahah

I have 0 complaints about my local.good business agent/shop stewards,great pay for what we do,above average pension, 100% medical for me n what does your job offer you?

I'm a city worker. Union made and union paid. I'm saying I would pick up shit I don't have to either.
sound like a scab [Wink]
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

bet next trash day will be different...most guys try to test customers to see what they can get away with...a complaint changes that quick and if the route supervisor wont help call your local waste authority...what county you live in?
San Joaquin Co.
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry to say but it seems like nothing lately can make you satisfied.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The thing that pisses me off and has happened before is when I put out the cans the night before away from cars and everything and during the night some asshole parks right next to the cans and they dont pick them up.

I know its not the garbage mans fault but its not mine either. they should still pick it up. but if there's a customer that every week they place the cans to close to cars then they should stop picking there garbage up till they learn.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com