Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » front license plate fix it ticket.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: front license plate fix it ticket.
trickflow211
¯
Member # 8503

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trickflow211  Ford pictures for trickflow211    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got a ticket for having my front license plate in the front window, but i do not want to drill holes in my stalker fornt bumper, so i was thinkn of putting 3m double sided type to attacth the plate, and then put bolts thru it maybe but cut them off so it just looks like its screewed in, im going to see wat looks best. ive heard of people using suction cups...anybody ever do anything like this? i want to take plate back off as soon as i get it signed off...

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone 421 Tq 420 Hp

Need General Contractor Services? 925-338-5422 serving East Bay Area over 20yrs

Posts: 2449 | From: Pittsburg/Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
91GR40LX
¯
Member # 1329

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91GR40LX  Ford pictures for 91GR40LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually zip tied the license plate mount to the front bumper of my t-bird quite a few years ago and got it signed off at the station. I went straight home anc cut it off 5 minutes later. I thought it was funny as hell since you could totally see the zip ties running through the bolt holes and wrapping around the front bumper.
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by trickflow211:
i got a ticket for having my front license plate in the front window, but i do not want to drill holes in my stalker fornt bumper, so i was thinkn of putting 3m double sided type to attacth the plate, and then put bolts thru it maybe but cut them off so it just looks like its screewed in, im going to see wat looks best. ive heard of people using suction cups...anybody ever do anything like this? i want to take plate back off as soon as i get it signed off...

Double sided tape. Park far away from the building as possible with your font plate facing. They just look out of the building and see if your plate is on.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For future purposes you can make a bracket and attach it to your rad support. I know there is a guy on svt forums that sells them for 03 cobras but it looks like you can duplicate it yourself with a trip to the hardware store and an hour putting it together.
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
in the future don't put your plate in the windshield, it's like a banner advertising a free ticket to a cop.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unfortunately even if you get your ticket signed off you will most likely continue to get tickets.

In SF the parking cops will give you tickets too

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
trickflow211
¯
Member # 8503

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trickflow211  Ford pictures for trickflow211    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i feel it, i jsut dont wana drill holes in my stalker front bumper, that shit was expensive!. and i dont like how my point looks with plates in the front, but ya ill keep it out the window from now on...ima try the double sided tape, but i also have to get my engine signed off at the same time, so they will be close to my car...=/

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone 421 Tq 420 Hp

Need General Contractor Services? 925-338-5422 serving East Bay Area over 20yrs

Posts: 2449 | From: Pittsburg/Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get L brackets and bolt them under the bumper or to the bumper support

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
3m tape, get the strongest one they have. I had mine on for 3 years this way. just make sure you clean all surfaces that the tape will contact with rubbing alcohol. you can even use a heat gun "heat from the back side of plate" to put a slight bend in the plate to better form to the bumper.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:

I order the hideaway kits for my cars. It bolts under the bumper so wont be any damage to the front surface of bumper. I got one manual and the other is electronic.

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:

I order the hideaway kits for my cars. It bolts under the bumper so wont be any damage to the front surface of bumper. I got one manual and the other is electronic.
Where did you get those at?

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuck cops and fuck emissions and smog and all that hahahaha keepm it fast and illegal hahaha and sign your name in the street

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
87_Hatch
¯
Member # 6714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87_Hatch  Ford pictures for 87_Hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look for this stuff called "dual lock" it's really strong and in think it's made by 3m ...it's like plastic Velcro but super strong..I attached my phone to my gsxr with it and it held at +150 mph

--------------------
Yeeeeeeaaaaa buuudddyyy

Posts: 316 | From: redwood city, CA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Notch_notch
¯
Member # 8902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch_notch  Ford pictures for Notch_notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put it on the dash..

--------------------
How many fake accounts does one need? Make a fake account, get the ban. It's in the rules.

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just curious what PD gave you this ticket? Ive had mine in the windshield/dash for 3 or 4 years and have yet to be bothered.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 925GT50:
Just curious what PD gave you this ticket? Ive had mine in the windshield/dash for 3 or 4 years and have yet to be bothered.

Every area is different. Hell ive had my OZ Lancer since april 2003 and never put the plate on. Lived in Walnut Creek, Fremont and Hayward, driven the whole bayarea and to LA and never once got a fix it, even with all the times pulled over for speeding.
And on the other hand, the first time i took my 95 to San Jose Chp pulled me over and wrote me a fix it. Depends on your car and the cop.

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
quote:
Originally posted by 925GT50:

Every area is different. Hell ive had my OZ Lancer since april 2003 and never put the plate on. Lived in Walnut Creek, Fremont and Hayward, driven the whole bayarea and to LA and never once got a fix it, even with all the times pulled over for speeding.
And on the other hand, the first time i took my 95 to San Jose Chp pulled me over and wrote me a fix it. Depends on your car and the cop.

ya thats what I was thinking, im here in antioch and they pulled me over for my exhaust one time got a fix it for that but didnt for the plate? Also every cop is differnt too like you said. [patriot]

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

built95faleen
¯
Member # 8828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for built95faleen  Ford pictures for built95faleen  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got a ticket in my 95 for no plate and modified exhaust. my little sister has a stock 94 thats the same color so i put my plates on hers and the dumbass signed it off lol.
Dsz06
¯
Member # 9580

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dsz06  Ford pictures for Dsz06    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they gave me a ticket for the same shit for havin my plates in the window fagot as highway patrol

--------------------
94BLK5.0

Posts: 589 | From: SaN FRANCISCO/Foster City | Registered: Nov 2009  |  :
FOURPOINTSIX
¯
Member # 8302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOURPOINTSIX  Ford pictures for FOURPOINTSIX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I DONT DO SHIT, JUST PUT DOUBLE SIDED TAPE GET IT SIGN OFF TAKE IT OFF PAY UR FEE AND UR GOOD TO GO.

--------------------
{]LEGION510[}

Posts: 374 | From: EAST OAKLAND | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com