Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » colt m4 at big 5?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: colt m4 at big 5?
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

what do u tihnk of it?..heres the tricky part..i went to big 5 and they sell them as a .22 for round $599.00..im thnking of gettin it for my lady...

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wonder how much to convert to 223 rounds.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
username1822
¯
Member # 8583

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for username1822  Ford pictures for username1822    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can build a 5.56/.223 setup for almost the same price (a couple hundred more or so) with used parts, or look on calguns for an already assembled one for sale.

[ February 11, 2010, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: username1822 ]

--------------------
95 GT

sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:

all you half to do is get another upper and put it on that lower.but legally for you peeps in cali you need to also add the bullet button.the 22 ar15 models do not need bullet buttons as they are a rim fire cartidge.so really since you already have a 223 just put your upper on this lower.but remember you are illegal with out the bullet button......
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kind of expensive for a plinker.

For ~$200 more you can get a used one that fires shit that can actually kill people.

If you're getting it for your lady get her a taser C2 or Ruger LCR. Those are nicer IMO.

[ February 12, 2010, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: 88DroptopGT ]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sac 5.0:
quote:

all you half to do is get another upper and put it on that lower.but legally for you peeps in cali you need to also add the bullet button.the 22 ar15 models do not need bullet buttons as they are a rim fire cartidge.so really since you already have a 223 just put your upper on this lower.but remember you are illegal with out the bullet button......
how many round mag can you have with a rim fire?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cali 10 rounds no matter what gun......inless leo
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Kind of expensive for a plinker.

For ~$200 more you can get a used one that fires shit that can actually kill people.

If you're getting it for your lady get her a taser C2 or Ruger LCR. Those are nicer IMO.

if you think this is expensive,how are you gonna spend 55 cents or so on a 223 round?and boy my plinker must be real spendy like gold.i have almost a grand in my 22 ar15.i guess its all in perspective.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

oh that sucks. i was thinking i would get one and get a 100 rounds drum on that bitch haha

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

do your homework before you give people advice. the colt,smith and wesson and the fhn ar-22's are not interchangable. they are dedicated 22's.
also you can have a 25 round magazine on rim fire guns and yes you do not have to have a bullet button on one of these because they are rim fire guns. i just bought a smith and wesson mp15-22 and ask what is legal and what is not. and the lowers are not interchangable. you could take a normal lower and get an .22 upper and mag for the normal lowers but these guns will not

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
 -

what do u tihnk of it?..heres the tricky part..i went to big 5 and they sell them as a .22 for round $599.00..im thnking of gettin it for my lady...

LOL Is this the picture they used to advertise it? Because this picture is of a Colt full auto .223. I'll take the one in the picture please......

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As far as I know the 10rd rule is only for rifles and pistols with a det. Mag..... I have a few .22 rifles that hold more then 10 rounds but they are tube fed. [Smile]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep in mind converting this gun to centerfire would not be a good idea colt lowers are on the ban list

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:

oh that sucks. i was thinking i would get one and get a 100 rounds drum on that bitch haha
RimFire rifles like the 22lr are not subject to the 10rd mag limit. Only centerfire rifles.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
quote:
quote:

do your homework before you give people advice. the colt,smith and wesson and the fhn ar-22's are not interchangable. they are dedicated 22's.
also you can have a 25 round magazine on rim fire guns and yes you do not have to have a bullet button on one of these because they are rim fire guns. i just bought a smith and wesson mp15-22 and ask what is legal and what is not. and the lowers are not interchangable. you could take a normal lower and get an .22 upper and mag for the normal lowers but these guns will not

you may be right with the interchange on that model.what is the difference in the lowers?but most lowers are the same does not matter 223 22.and show me a cali law where it says you can have a detachable magizne with more then 10 rounds.
tube fed you can but not detchable magazines.
and yes i know my spelling sucks.

[ February 12, 2010, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: sac 5.0 ]

89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
 -

LOL Is this the picture they used to advertise it? Because this picture is of a Colt full auto .223. I'll take the one in the picture please......
na..thats actually the pic of the colt m4 22 rimfire..heres the link..

http://www.colt22rimfire.com/index.php?page=colt-m4-carbine

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wow. There's quite a bit of misinformation in your post too. Yes, the lowers are not interchangable with anything centerfire related. And yes, you do not need a bullet button with a rimfire.

You can run a 25 round mag in them, but only if you owned it prior to Jan 1, 2000. Since this gun was just recently made, you'd have a hard time explaining how you owned the mag 10 years before the gun was created.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r1  Ford pictures for r1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FYI chek my earlier post I own it. It does not adapt to any other gun. its a dedicated 22. Its SICK and only cost 5 cents a round. well worth the money

--------------------
shit breaks then you buy the good stuff

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

you may be right with the interchange on that model.what is the difference in the lowers?but most lowers are the same does not matter 223 22.and show me a cali law where it says you can have a detachable magizne with more then 10 rounds.
tube fed you can but not detchable magazines.
and yes i know my spelling sucks.

You don't have to worry about Cali laws anymore! [Wink]

10 round capacity only applies to semi-auto CENTERFIRE rifles.

Not sure of the lower for this particular rifle being interchangeable. But these can be found much cheaper than $600!

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:

RimFire rifles like the 22lr are not subject to the 10rd mag limit. Only centerfire rifles.

Mike

The 10 round limit and rimfires only applies to tube fed rifles. Magazine fed pistols and rifles still have a 10 round limit if the magazines were not owned prior to Jan 1, 2000.

Direct from http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf

"Large Capacity Magazine Restrictions and Exemptions (Penal Code Section 12020)
A large capacity magazine is defined as “any ammunition feeding device with a capacity to accept more than 10
rounds but shall not be construed to include a feeding device that is permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate
more than 10 rounds nor shall it include any .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device (or, effective
January 1, 2002, a tubular magazine contained in a lever-action firearm).” It is important to understand that
a large capacity feeding device may be detachable or fixed, and includes any tube ammunition feeding device
(other than .22 caliber or, effective January 1, 2002, a tubular magazine contained in a lever-action firearm) that
can accommodate more than 10 rounds. A large capacity magazine also includes linked ammunition with more
than 10 rounds linked together or an ammunition belt with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds."

[ February 12, 2010, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com