Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Wow police are dumb sometimes.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Wow police are dumb sometimes.
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I for one support open carry, and wish concealed carry was more avail in CA, that said. If youre gonna make a dumb comment, that somehow could be taken as a way you wish to violate our rights, dont be a fucking retard and post it on facebook!

http://www.ktvu.com/news/22516072/detail.html

EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. -- A controversy was brewing in East Palo Alto Tuesday night after a police detective made apparently joking comments through his Facebook account saying “open carry” advocates who visibly carry guns in public should be shot.

Now East Palo Alto has become a reluctant testing ground for a battle of constitutional amendments: one police officer's 'freedom of speech' versus a group’s 'right to bear arms.'

Area resident Adnan Shahab is an “open carry” advocate who frequently goes out in public displaying an unloaded gun on his belt. Such activity is legal in California with certain restrictions, such as staying clear of schools.

Shahab said he was offended by Facebook remarks posted by East Palo Alto detective Rod Tuason. Tuason published a comment that said he agreed with a friend that open carry advocates should come to Oakland, Richmond and East Palo Alto and -- in an apparent joke -- said officers should shoot the advocates.

"So it's a little shocking and disappointing to hear that a sworn officer is basically so cavalier with violating a person's second amendment rights and basically putting a bullet in them for doing absolutely nothing wrong," said Shahab.

East Palo Alto police were investigating whether the remarks violate department policies.

Police also point out the remarks were made in a personal, private web page and were only made public by a blogger.

East Palo Alto Mayor David E. Woods told KTVU by phone that he was waiting for the police department investigation. He also expressed some misgivings about the behavior of open carry advocates.

"But I am concerned -- although it's legal -- about people walking around with firearms," said Mayor Woods.

Adnan Shahab said he believes the fact the comments came from a facebook exchange made the remarks and any perceived threat more credible.

"Quite honestly I feel a little unsafe going to East Palo Alto right now," explained Shahab.

Police said there was no timetable for the investigation. Detective Tuason remained on-duty and did not return KTVU’s call requesting an interview.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This cop should be FIRED NOW. Hes a fucking idiot. Its been proven that Gun Laws ONLY hurt the law a bidding citizen and that when Gun Laws get more slack crime rates go down but i guess this dumbass cop doesn't care about that cause it'll keep him busy with all the murders, rapes and theft he gets to investigate. This cop is for taking away your God given right to protect yourself. Calling 911 is BS, its only good if its a medical emergency. Calling 911 because your life is in danger? You'll be dead before the cops arrive.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How does open carry work in a vehicle, when u get back into your car do u have to put the gun away in a lock box with the ammo seperately or can u still keep it at your waist??
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW
it's sad that a cop managed to say something that dumb [Frown]

I willing to bet if a CCW American citizen saw a cop being atacked or worse shot, they would step up and shoot the perp. ( I know I would and I'm sure manny of you would to [patriot] )

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback:
WOW

I willing to bet if a CCW American citizen saw a cop being atacked or worse shot, they would step up and shoot the perp. ( I know I would and I'm sure manny of you would to [patriot] )

[patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

444_C.I.D.
¯
Member # 2956

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 444_C.I.D.  Ford pictures for 444_C.I.D.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
How does open carry work in a vehicle, when u get back into your car do u have to put the gun away in a lock box with the ammo seperately or can u still keep it at your waist??

Is it legal to open carry while driving a car, or while riding a motorcycle?

"Yes. There is no legal difference between being in a vehicle (or on a motorcycle) or not, with regard to open carry. The locked case or vehicle trunk requirements refer to concealed carry only. However, if you will be passing through any school zones, then you also must place handguns in a locked case."

http://www.californiaopencarry.org/faq.html [patriot]

[ February 10, 2010, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: 444_C.I.D. ]

68bullitt390
¯
Member # 9707

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68bullitt390  Ford pictures for 68bullitt390  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is a very worthwhile cool post. Thanks for posting. I'd like to walk through downtown santa cruz with my glock out. Ha ha i'd be tazered and or shot within 2 seconds! Not by the cops though, the hippies would do it! But in all seriousness, i dont travel anywhere without my pistol, 911 is a joke, and the cops have their hands tied anyways with all the red tape. We need to bring to light more cases of police brutality, such as a handcuffed suspect having a baton shoved up his ass on camera, or a handcuffed "suspect" being shot in the back. Fuggin murderers.

--------------------
Morte_prima_dishonre

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback:
WOW

[patriot] x3
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68bullitt390:
This is a very worthwhile cool post. Thanks for posting. I'd like to walk through downtown santa cruz with my glock out. Ha ha i'd be tazered and or shot within 2 seconds! Not by the cops though, the hippies would do it! But in all seriousness, i dont travel anywhere without my pistol, 911 is a joke, and the cops have their hands tied anyways with all the red tape. We need to bring to light more cases of police brutality, such as a handcuffed suspect having a baton shoved up his ass on camera, or a handcuffed "suspect" being shot in the back. Fuggin murderers.

+1 It goes wherever I go, as long as you carry right you have nothing to worry about. 911 is a joke they are not going to save you or your families life, you must protect you & yours at all costs!!!!
[patriot] [patriot]

-
 -

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com