Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone Here Running Maier Racing Springs?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone Here Running Maier Racing Springs?
87coupe510
¯
Member # 6150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87coupe510  Ford pictures for 87coupe510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just curious if anyone was running Maier Racing Springs. How dose your car sit? How Dose it Ride? Pictures would be grate also if anyone is running them. Im running a Eibach Pro Kit and im not to Happy with it and was thinking about going with Maier Springs.

--------------------
RAIN OR SHINE I STAY SIDEWAYS IN MY STANG!!!!!!!!!!!
1993 Coupe "Stock" "It's Just Exhaust"

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't hesitate to run any suspension or chassis pieces from Maier. Mike definitely knows his shit when it comes to Mustang suspensions.

Keeping it local with a true blue business that's been around for 35yrs or so doesn't hurt either. [patriot]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What year is your car? From my understanding Maier only has springs for old school mustangs. I think if you're looking for late model parts, he sets you up with the "right" stuff from maximum motorpsorts...but i dont think he actually carries his own branded late model parts. But he definitely knows his shit, so ask him to set you up with the "right" springs when your ready.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

CompSVT
¯
Member # 7392

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CompSVT  Ford pictures for CompSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
What year is your car? From my understanding Maier only has springs for old school mustangs. I think if you're looking for late model parts, he sets you up with the "right" stuff from maximum motorpsorts...but i dont think he actually carries his own branded late model parts. But he definitely knows his shit, so ask him to set you up with the "right" springs when your ready.

Maier make spring for 79-04 and even S197 they go for around $200 for the whole set. An old coworker had some of these in his s197 he loved them.
87coupe510
¯
Member # 6150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87coupe510  Ford pictures for 87coupe510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 1993 coupe and I called him up and he dose make his own springs for these cars.... that's why I was asking if anyone is running his springs....

--------------------

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a set on my '85 Capri, Bought them in 1986. I loved them. Was a full 2" drop back then, but I am sure they have mant different spring to choose from by now

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
had them on a 95 and couldnt complain about the ride or drop. back then they offered only linear rate springs so not sure if that has changed.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I use to work at Maier and I also run Maier springs on my 88 GT, when I had 18" rims I use Eibach Pro Kit springs in the front and Maier rear springs for a better ride, now I run 17" rims I have Maier springs front and back, love the ride with Bilstein struts and shocks.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maier has springs for late Mustangs as well as early cars. He put a set of drop springs in my SVO way back in the day and the ride height and ride were great. I got a different front pair later on when I switched to a 351w,(even though the set for the SVO would have worked) and had to cut a bit off of them to get the ride height as low as I wanted.

Maier has great stuff and I have been a loyal customer to Mike and the family since 1998. I have never been disappointed.

87coupe510
¯
Member # 6150

Thanks For All The Input Guys. I had a Long conversation with Mike and he suggested H&R springs in the front and His Springs for the Rear , so I Pick them up tomorrow. Im currious to see how my car is gonna sit and ride with them..... [dance]

--------------------

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah mike is the shit for sure.
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep us posted and show some pics when it's put together
87coupe510
¯
Member # 6150

I sure will. Im picking them up today so im gonna try and get them in this weekend. Ill keep you guys posted and put up some pictures when its all done.

[ January 26, 2010, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: 87coupe510 ]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com