Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what happened to the value of sn95's? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: what happened to the value of sn95's?
Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i sold a
stock 97 cobra for 9500 two years ago.
modded 94 gt for 5k 3 years ago
mostly stock 95 gt for 4500 a year ago

and now i noticed they are selling for 2k pretty much. i bought mine for around that price. is it just the economy or these things worthless now

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
Stangs R Us
¯
Member # 4495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangs R Us  Ford pictures for Stangs R Us    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Economy, but nicely modded ones still fetch good money but I don't think a stock one would go for much since they are so slow stock
Posts: 3100 | From: sacramento | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea I contemplated selling my cobra a few times, but the offers were ridic.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They don't bring any money now cause they suck and nobodys trying to find or restoring them much witch drives the price down cuz there is no demand and theirs a ton of them out there

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its a combination of the economy and the fact that sn95 have always been the less desired stang compared to others like the new edge and especially foxes.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How about the plain fact that people are worried more about the house over their head and losing their job than a mustang.

It's a buyers market now.

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't mind a nice clean white one or bright alantic blue one.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man I am glad I left my old job. It was rockey at best. Now the only way I'm losin a job is of the city goes in the ocean.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldent mind having one to just don't want to pay for
one lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there good for spare parts for my foxs lol.
username1822
¯
Member # 8583

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for username1822  Ford pictures for username1822    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love my sn95. Everyone and their brother has a fox with flowmasters, they are a dime a dozen. You don't see many clean sn95's driving around.

I never intend to sell mine, but even if I did, all these cheap one's have been beat to hell just make my clean sn95 look even better. [Big Grin]

--------------------
95 GT

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by username1822:
I love my sn95. Everyone and their brother has a fox with flowmasters, they are a dime a dozen. You don't see many clean sn95's driving around.

I never intend to sell mine, but even if I did, all these cheap one's have been beat to hell just make my clean sn95 look even better. [Big Grin]

As much as I loved the 3 sn95's that I owned, & I still love the style, but Im gonna have to say its more common to see a clean SN95 driving around than clean Fox's...

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
there good for spare parts for my foxs lol.

So true I'm bout to use my 97'as a parts car and just part it out

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

98saleen
¯
Member # 7459

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98saleen  Ford pictures for 98saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Of course your going to see more clean s95's than fox bodies, they are a much newer body style and not totalled/stolen/thrashed/crashed/molested as bad as foxes are. S95's have a great body style, and the trend of their sale price is just like everything else in the economy today. Is it just me or are 500k houses selling for 300k???
Posts: 170 | From: pittsburg, ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

quote:
Originally posted by 98saleen:
Of course your going to see more clean s95's than fox bodies, they are a much newer body style and not totalled/stolen/thrashed/crashed/molested as bad as foxes are. S95's have a great body style, and the trend of their sale price is just like everything else in the economy today. Is it just me or are 500k houses selling for 300k???

Yea your right about the houses but a little off on the sns the price is affected a little by the economy but let's face it nobody realy after the sn95 realy anymore even though the economy is bad it seems like the same foxes that was bringing 2k are now bringing 4to6k the sn95 were on the downhill slide since before 2006 before the housing crash

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought my 97 for $8000, that was 6 years ago. one hundred percent bone stock. now the plan is a built 04 Cobra cast iron block, forged Manley dish pistons forged crank, 03/04 Cobra heads, 2.lKB, etc, in a SN95...
 -
[IMG]
My 03 SVT Cobra and 05GT
 -

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/autumnstang97/Picturefromiphone060.jpg[/IMG]
 -
[IMG]

Here is the 98 engine completed, this was my first swap and it went pretty good. Im building the new engine and its so far going good thanks to those of you in the tech section.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/autumnstang97/Picturefromiphone119.jpg[/IMG]

-

[ January 24, 2010, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: autumnstang97 ]

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
68bullitt390
¯
Member # 9707

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68bullitt390  Ford pictures for 68bullitt390  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SN95's are way better to start out with than a fox body, i help all the kids in my town buy their first mustangs. You get four wheel disc brakes, better bracing all over the car, a updated quieter interior among other things for about 2k. 94-95 cobra's on the other hand have bounced back up in value. (cool for me) [Smile]

Most of the foxbodys if not all in the southbay are beat to hell wrecks that are unsafe for the street and have been insanley abused. But never the less the parts are a plenty on cl! Like everything else in this economy the sn95's WILL go up in price, there are not that many CLEAN one's out there... I'd love to find a yellow with black leather to make into a saleen clone!

--------------------
Morte_prima_dishonre

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I never liked SN's until I got my cobra. They are much more comfortable. But I do miss the boxy look of a fox. I may try a coupe next since I never had one. But I never liked them either.
FriscoNotch
¯
Member # 5916

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FriscoNotch  Ford pictures for FriscoNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow after looking at these ads it seems like they are worth almost nothing. I remember buying a mint red '94 GT 5sp in '03 for 3900 and when I couldnt sell it after I was tired of it! Even at that price! I think that we are past the saturation point on the SN95 and the New Edge's are looking like 8 year old civic as well and are dropping in value fast. There will alway be exceptions with Cobras.

The 83-93 foxes are hitting classic status as most of us adults grew up wanting them. The 79-82 models are still worth more in scrap then in running condition. I dont see many people restoring or modding those.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/1563082317.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1562090422.html

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68bullitt390:
I'd love to find a yellow with black leather to make into a saleen clone!

My old Canary on Black 95.... Picked it up about 3 or so years ago unmolested with 79k miles for $5k. Ended up doing a few tasteful mods, but ended up trying to sell it about a year later to get a fox. All I got was lowball offers, so I ended up holding on to it for a little while longer, until I traded it for my notch...

-

-

[ January 24, 2010, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't even notice the price drops for the SNs till i recently looked at a 95 gt. My friends friend was selling his car completely bone stock except for a bbk o/r x and magnaflow magnapacks for 2500. Rio red, nice black interior, couple dents here and there but no biggie...all it needed was a power steering pump and it was good to go.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

I dont think I would go SN unless it was a cobra or saleen or something with a limited production number. Good thing is my Cobra has some mild upgrades, low miles and is in good condition (will be excellent after paint).
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have always been a fan on sn95's. I might be biased because my first mustang was a 96, but I always liked their look. To me, they are rarely modded properly, so tastefully done sn95's are always head turners. They also seem more compact then the new edge models. I also like how theyre not too boxy like new edge, more comfortable then foxes, and still have potential to be fast with a 94-95 5.0 or 96-98 cobra motor. SN95's FTW!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got my 94 gt for 1400 bucks.. These cars are practically being given away right now.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Watched Muscle Car with the finale of the Chip Foose Mustang and they did a 45 year mustang tribute, they showed every model design, even the crummy 74+ Mustangs but no SN95s.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com