Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » LoJack anyone?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: LoJack anyone?
AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im finally gonna do the LoJack thing, does anyone know how much its gonna cost? is there anything better? anyone got experience?

thanks in advance for the help!

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

xchpstang
¯
Member # 1206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xchpstang  Ford pictures for xchpstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have it. I've never had to "use" it per se so I hope it works when I need it. The early warning alert that I had installed works within a few minutes. It is a system that sends you a text, email, or phone call if your car has been moved without authorization. It will do it within 15 minutes. I figure that's enough time to get to the car before they start stripping the good parts off the car. It cost about $1000 dollars but that was 5 years ago.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am also interested in some kind of lojack system.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'd be interested in getting it done too. if you're pricing around see if you can get a discount if more guys do it all at the same time. i'm serious about getting it done. let me know.
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Isn't there a monthly fee you have to pay in order to keep the LoJack "activated"?

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looked at it a while ago. You can order the brain and such through authorized dealers and can get in installed at most shops that do alarms. Not too much more difficult to install. And I think you can get it for around 4-5 hundo before the install. You do pay a monthly fee but its normally offset by cheaper insurance breaks u should get from ur insurer. However it doesn't work in some rural areas.

Depending on what your goals are you can just buy GPS tracking components like many fleet management, trucking & delivery companies do. So you can monitor it yourself. Been a whike since I researched it though.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not worth it, a friend of mine installs it and he said it doesnt work if the battery is disconnected.
annnnnddddd it has to be gone for 24hrs before they will try to locate it!!!!

[ January 20, 2010, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: fr5.0 ]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
not worth it, a friend of mine installs it and he said it doesnt work if the battery is disconnected.

so wait, this $1000 system is wired directly to the car battery. not its own internal/external power supply. what a waste.
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93ReefBlue5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:

so wait, this $1000 system is wired directly to the car battery. not its own internal/external power supply. what a waste.
From the Lojack website...

"Does my car need to be running for LoJack to work?
No. The LoJack Unit constantly draws a very small amount of power from your vehicle's battery. Should your battery be disconnected, LoJack's backup battery will provide power."

Here is what it does...

"LoJack provides two products to help protect your car: the LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System and the LoJack Early Warning Recovery System.

The LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System gives you a 90 percent chance of recovering your car quickly and with less damage. When your car is stolen, a tiny transmitter hidden deep within the vehicle tells the police exactly where your car is located so they can track it and recover it - many times within an hour. The LoJack transmitter's Radio Frequency signal is so strong it can penetrate through garage walls, steel containers, dense foliage and other places thieves may try to hide your vehicle.

The only stolen vehicle recovery system operated by the police
A recovery rate of 90%
More than 100,000 LoJack-equipped vehicles have been recovered to date in the U.S., and more than 250,000 worldwide
Most cars are recovered in less than 24 hours, and often within just a few hours
Learn more about how LoJack works
The LoJack Early Warning Recovery System provides an added layer of protection for your car. The LoJack Early Warning Recovery System notifies you directly if your car is moved without your authorization. LoJack will alert you by phone, e-mail and/or pager so you can quickly check on the status of your vehicle. If a theft has occurred, the LoJack Early Warning Recovery System enables the police to track and recover your vehicle even sooner.

Get alerts at work, at home or on the road
Choose up to five methods of contact, including phone, e-mail and text message"

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im just telling you what the installer said.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It runs about $1k with the early warning transponder, which has a delay of about 20-30mins before sending you notification.

Has it's own battery, thet charges when the car is running.

No monthly subscription fee, like you may see with similar GPS systems. One you pay for it, it's there for the life of the vehicle, even if you sell the car. The new owner will just have to pay a small fee to update the paperwork.

[ January 20, 2010, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: hard jokur ]

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got cell phones in mine with family maps if they disconect battery I got 24hrs before the phone goes dead the phone is hardwired in with an old cig lighter charger and cost me $9 for the line and $10 for the family maps and the phone is hidden in the dash I got to where if my car is not at hm it will text me right away it's my ghetto low Jack that realy wrks

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com