Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Walnut Creek

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Walnut Creek
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone know what happened with Crogans and Spin?

I was there this weekend and noticed both have been suspended for two weeks for alcohol related offenses.

I also caught a glimpse on the news of people fighting in the street, but have not been able to find anything on ktvu.com or contracostatimes.com

Anyone know?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No... But damn that reminds me that I haven't been out that way in a looong time! Had some good times out there.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to live in w/c and never did like Crogans personally. I heard from a buddy it was possibly having a bartender knowing serve someone that was "too drunk."
Same shit happen to Spankys in Castro Valley a while back, 2 undercovers jokingly mentioned that a guy the tender just served "looked plastered" and the bartender fell into the trap and said something along the lines of "yea but hes having a good time" or something that basically admitted the bartender served someone overly intoxicated.
Not sure this is the case, just word of mouth. [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

98saleen
¯
Member # 7459

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98saleen  Ford pictures for 98saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard it was for serving to minors. That place was always full of underage drinkers.
Posts: 170 | From: pittsburg, ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, for me, there are a few spots that I frequent outside of the city, and WC is one of them. Hate to see these types of places closing down causing me to have to drive all the way to SF for some fun.

Although a few checks and balances to keep the knuckleheads and under age drinkers out might not be a bad thing.

I saw some video footage on the news today showing people running around the streets and fighting right in front of Crogans... That area surrounds upper class suburbia, so they probably won't tolerate too much of that type of behavior. One way to stop it is to suspend the liquor liscenses. Problem is, if the Police want, they could probably find violations at damn near any bar on any given night.

The WC night life scene used to be a lot better when it was a local crowd. Now the place has gone pretty mainstream and you have way too large a volume of people from outside the area coming in attracting negative attention.

I've been partying there for about 8 years now and have seen it gradually go downhill...

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Well, for me, there are a few spots that I frequent outside of the city, and WC is one of them. Hate to see these types of places closing down causing me to have to drive all the way to SF for some fun.

Although a few checks and balances to keep the knuckleheads and under age drinkers out might not be a bad thing.

I saw some video footage on the news today showing people running around the streets and fighting right in front of Crogans... That area surrounds upper class suburbia, so they probably won't tolerate too much of that type of behavior. One way to stop it is to suspend the liquor liscenses. Problem is, if the Police want, they could probably find violations at damn near any bar on any given night.

The WC night life scene used to be a lot better when it was a local crowd. Now the place has gone pretty mainstream and you have way too large a volume of people from outside the area coming in attracting negative attention.

I've been partying there for about 8 years now and have seen it gradually go downhill...

Luke you must be a youngster them walnut creek has had problems downtown since i was in high school in that was the late 80's earlier 90's with fight break out around the bars walnut creek police make the rules when the bars have last call an corgans is one of rhe last ones open so there a lot off fights in that area an for spin i belive there on there six name change since 2000
Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i went to spin for a bday party and there was a group of 20 of us. and not one was carded. and all were between ages 21-25 so not like they looked old even.

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will ask a couple of my boys they dj there alot

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
I will ask a couple of my boys they dj there alot

you dont know no body!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea from working in concord for couple of yrs at AT&T down there couple of coworkers that dj after work

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Yea from working in concord for couple of yrs at AT&T down there couple of coworkers that dj after work

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

You know what I'm sAying

--------------------
Daniel/50Reasons

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com