Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » registration question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: registration question
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I have two questions about registration. If Im pulled over in an unregistered car but I have the correct 2010 sticker and say I have no paperwork on me- will he see that im lying.....??

Also Im trying to register my yota crawler without having to smog it. Can I register it as a specialyt vehicle if I only drive it a few thousand miles a year or is there something else I can do?

Thanks

1_raw_95
¯
Member # 9527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1_raw_95  Ford pictures for 1_raw_95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if he really wanted too check if ur lying he could look at ur tag and look at the numbers or theres a way to see if u reg on their comp but u can always say prolly dmv hasn't put it thru yet and you just reg a couple days ago online...works every now n then.....n for ur car i think if u wanna just drive it every now n then i think u can go get a 3day smog exempt form or pay i think its 60 or 30 bucks for a month
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you saying the vehicle isn't registered but you have 2010 stickers that don't belong to the vehicle? I can't even imagine how you could think by saying "I don't have my paperwork on me" the cop won't know. He'll know when he runs the plate the status of the registration and if you have a fake sticker on the car that's an automatic felony, car gets towed and you go to jail. If your going to operate a vehicle on city streets and it falls within the years that need to be smogged you have to smog it. If you could get around that 90% of the cars on this board would be a specialty vehicle. If your going to trailer the truck and only drive it off road then you won't need to smog it.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u actually would prb have a better chance and be cheaper wit out the faake tags gettin pulled over..i got pulled over with wrong tags and the ticket was 1200 not including impound. and yes i fucked up i put the wrong tags on the wrong plates
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Are you saying the vehicle isn't registered but you have 2010 stickers that don't belong to the vehicle? I can't even imagine how you could think by saying "I don't have my paperwork on me" the cop won't know.

Yes thats what Im saying. I have been pullde over tens of times without any paperwork (proof of ins/ registration/ my l's) each time I told the officer I had the current reg/ ins. and I was let go. I was just wondering if they are actually able to see something linked to DMV showing yes or no on registration
quote:
If your going to operate a vehicle on city streets and it falls within the years that need to be smogged you have to smog it. If you could get around that 90% of the cars on this board would be a specialty vehicle.

Well most cars are driven more than what a "specialty vehicle" is allowed to travel in a year..... you gettin this? [Roll Eyes]
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1990GT50:
quote:
Are you saying the vehicle isn't registered but you have 2010 stickers that don't belong to the vehicle? I can't even imagine how you could think by saying "I don't have my paperwork on me" the cop won't know.

Yes thats what Im saying. I have been pullde over tens of times without any paperwork (proof of ins/ registration/ my l's) each time I told the officer I had the current reg/ ins. and I was let go. I was just wondering if they are actually able to see something linked to DMV showing yes or no on registration
quote:
If your going to operate a vehicle on city streets and it falls within the years that need to be smogged you have to smog it. If you could get around that 90% of the cars on this board would be a specialty vehicle.

Well most cars are driven more than what a "specialty vehicle" is allowed to travel in a year..... you gettin this? [Roll Eyes]

Sounds like you got it all figured out...... good luck.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what the hell is a specialty vehicle?

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.sema.org/sema-news/2009/12/sema-and-california-agencies-solve-titling-dilemma-for-hobbyist-vehicles

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
law enforcement agencies have 24hr access to dmv records. So yes they will see your car is not registered and your car will likely be imponded and you fined.

California only allows 500 or so specialty vehicle registrations each year. These vehicles are not supposed to match or resemble any other production vehicle. Unless ur yota is modified enough to where it no longer resembles the production model its not gonna fly. Ur gonna have to smog it

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ISNIT A FENLOY IF YOUR COUGHT DRIVING WITH A STICKER AND NO REG? [Confused]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They run your plate and see if its reg'd/stolen/ and if the plate matches the car. If they run it and the reg is diff on the car and the computer, car gets towed and plates are seized and booked with false tabs, and you get a fine/citation/court date/ booking photo (so make sure u smile, dont blink for the flash...)

Look up the subsections following 4000CVC. (Ca. Vehicle Code)

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just keep your ducks in a straight line and you wont have to beat around the bush and worry about getting pulled over every time you drive.

Current/Valid Registration, Proof of Insurance, and a Valid drivers license...thats al you need. Mechanical violations are at you own risk...but those are fix its so it's no biggie,

Also, keeping unpaid parking tickets on file ( I think its up to five), you can get your vehicle impounded for up to 30 days until u pay what you owe.

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

quote:
Originally posted by autumnstang97:
Just keep your ducks in a straight line and you wont have to beat around the bush and worry about getting pulled over every time you drive.

Current/Valid Registration, Proof of Insurance, and a Valid drivers license...thats al you need. Mechanical violations are at you own risk...but those are fix its so it's no biggie,

Also, keeping unpaid parking tickets on file ( I think its up to five), you can get your vehicle impounded for up to 30 days until u pay what you owe.

yeah that is definately the best route. Im currently trying to smog the beast but wanted to mob it in the meantime.... I figured insurance was enough not to get impounded and maby get off with a fix-it ticket, but I guess not...
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes and he will tow your shit.

No

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
u actually would prb have a better chance and be cheaper wit out the faake tags gettin pulled over..i got pulled over with wrong tags and the ticket was 1200 not including impound. and yes i fucked up i put the wrong tags on the wrong plates

same thing happen to me but the cop was cool about he towed my car but made me take the wrong tag off so i didn't get bust for it

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com