Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Driving car thats under Non-Op

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Driving car thats under Non-Op
1993LX
¯
Member # 8827

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1993LX  Ford pictures for 1993LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What happens if I get pulled over? Cars been on Non-op for 2 months.

--------------------
1993 Mustang LX Coupe

1989lx5.0
¯
Member # 3699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1989lx5.0  Ford pictures for 1989lx5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its not registered so probably impound.

--------------------
1979 pace car

1985 svo

www.californiafords.com the better calfords

Posts: 552 | From: near fresno | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
CompSVT
¯
Member # 7392

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CompSVT  Ford pictures for CompSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1989lx5.0:
its not registered so probably impound.

They impound the car after 6 months of no reg not sure of a car under non op. Or just dont get caught.
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
depends on the cop and the excuse you give

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man go to craigslist and sell stuff that you don't need or your ex girlfriends items that you kept. But seriously you can do some paid studies and register the car!
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F1R/GT  Ford pictures for F1R/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DON'T DRIVE IT!!!! YOU WILL GET CAUGHT.

--------------------
sure officer it's stock....

NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it's insured and you get caught,I think they'll just give u a ticket siimilar to expired tags,but in order to put back in operation after non op smog is a must right?
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SuperSlow93:

Depending on the officer it would most likely be impounded. The dmv would then revoke the pno. You will then be liable for the entire years fees plus penalties dating back the time it was on pno. You would have to show proof of ins as well.

All that before it would be released. Then you have the release fees, tow and storage fees.

Or you could reg the car and save yourself a bunch of money and hassle!

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SuperSlow93:

if you have insured an know op you ll get a fix ticket.but after sim months you will get impounded.i used to this in my mustang all the time when i couldn't to pass smog an i got pulled over twice in one day for it 15 min apart
dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if your insured youll get a fixed ticket I got pulled over for the same reason tags expired 3 yrs back, I was coming back from the smog check, long story almost got the car impounded but I explain to the officer where I was coming and that I was already going home as well he was cool about it & let me go [patriot]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Um I had same situation. It will get impounded don't think the six months aplies here because you put a non op on it. They will tell you you can get it out as soon as the reg is payed. If is was just past due reg then past six months aplie. I used to ride dirty all the time when I was younger. It just cost way more in the end and all the cars I've lost because I couldn't pay to get them out.
SacStangDriver
¯
Member # 8304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacStangDriver  Ford pictures for SacStangDriver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i drove my car on 05 tags for 6 months, and drove atleast 100 miles every weekday before ijust got it registered aweek ago. igot pulled over doing83mph and was given the lecture on how it could b towed then was only given a fixit for havin an out of date insurance card. and mycar is loud and cammed as fuk. guess its all in your attitude w/ the officer..

--------------------
Need sidework done at great prices? I work on all makes and models from engine work to gears. Check engine light problems too. 916 912 3493

Posts: 1217 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure what your intentions are but if you just want to move it from one place to another I'm pretty sure there is a temporary registration. The car must have insurance and the temporary regristration is good for like 10 days. Check with the DMV.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
Not sure what your intentions are but if you just want to move it from one place to another I'm pretty sure there is a temporary registration. The car must have insurance and the temporary regristration is good for like 10 days. Check with the DMV.

youonly can get a one day moving perimts know
the pink an white month paper you sick in the back window cost 50.00 bucks to get since jan 2009

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:

the pink an white month paper you sick in the back window cost 50.00 bucks to get since jan 2009

Thanks for the clarification. In the past I have thought about using this method to get my car to and from car shows, etc, since mine is non op also.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks for the clarification. In the past I have thought about using this method to get my car to and from car shows, etc, since mine is non op also.
get trailor it would be cheaper an to get the pink an white tag or moving permits the tags have to be paid i just went thurogh this with one of my trucks
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

get trailor it would be cheaper an to get the pink an white tag or moving permits the tags have to be paid i just went thurogh this with one of my trucks
Ah I see, nothing is as simple as it seems at first. I can trailer it but driving it on the street is a special treat.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

98Snake
¯
Member # 183

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98Snake  Ford pictures for 98Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it's on a public street, even if it's parked, you can get a ticket and/or impounded.

On top of that, you will get charged retroactive registration fees from the DMV. It will be from the last time it was regitered as non-op.

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PNO status on reg will get you towed, then you'll have to pay the back reg, impound, storage and tow fees. Just pay whatever it is and be clean. If the reg is current, you can drive all you want. Legally, PNO vehicles cant even be parked on a public highway/street, it needs to be offroad.

Look up section 4000 CVC (California Vehicle Code.) It explains everything about vehicle registrations, types of vehicle, requirements, etc, all registration stuff is here.

(I think this is the section but look it up yourself to make sure becasue Im going off the top off my head)

22651(o)(1)CVC tells you the towing authority by law enforcement. Read that section for clarity.

Look up 22651CVC and read all the sub sections and it tells you all the towing authority, reason for impound and tow etc.

[ January 09, 2010, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: autumnstang97 ]

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com