Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Put Americans back to work

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Put Americans back to work
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Probably a repost, but I don't care.

quote:
One Light Bulb at a Time

A physics teacher in high school, once told the students, that while one grasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, a billion of them would. With that thought in mind, read the following.

I was in Lowes the other day and just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose attachments. They were all made in China . The next day I was in Ace Hardware, and just for the heck of it I checked the hose attachments there. They were made in USA . Start looking...

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else - even their job. My grandson likes Hershey's candy. I noticed that it is marked "Made in Mexico ". I do not buy it any more. My favorite toothpaste, Colgate, is made in Mexico . Now I have switched to Crest.

You have to read the labels on everything. This past weekend I was at Kroger. I needed 60W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets. I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off-brand labeled, "Everyday Value". I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats. They were the same except for the price. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand, but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO , and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA by a company in Cleveland , Ohio . So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here.

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets. Yep, you guessed it! Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada . The Everyday Value Brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the price!

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA . The Job you save may be your own or your neighbors! If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying from overseas companies! (We should have awakened a decade ago!) Let's get with the program. Help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the USA .
And watch food labels also. BUY AMERICAN!! Put Americans to work!!!

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I WILL BUY CANADA , USA AND MEXICO AND NOBODY WILL CHANGE THAT GET WITH THE TIME AND ADAPT OR GET LEFT BEHIND SOUNDS REAL GOOD TO BUY USA ONLY BUT THAT DREAM IS MADE OF PLASTIC
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
will never work.
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i may be wrong on this but im pretty sure our current employment situation isnt due to the fact that we buy a lot of the little stuff thats made in other countries.and all the stuff mentioned in that story weve been buying for decades and as of the last few years our job market is struggling.if that story held water the job market would have been screwed long ago

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gtowned.:
i may be wrong on this but im pretty sure our current employment situation isnt due to the fact that we buy a lot of the little stuff thats made in other countries.and all the stuff mentioned in that story weve been buying for decades and as of the last few years our job market is struggling.if that story held water the job market would have been screwed long ago

this
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you for spamming us with another chain email. As if we don't get enough already.

Good luck finding products that are really made in the USA, with all their parts manufactured and assembled here.

And, where are you going to get a billion grasshoppers?

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's wrong with having some pride in the products that are made here? What's wrong with preferring products that are made here? For example, I would rather prefer my tools not to be made in China.

Sure, I admittedly found this on another board and posted it here so I guess you could call it spam. Have you guys ever called tech support and gotten someone out of India? Nothing against people from India, they are hard workers and a bunch of smart people. But it sucks when you call up Dell Support and you get a guy on the other end that you just have trouble understanding.

I don't believe the current employment situation was directly caused by us buying stuff that's made in other countries. But I don't think that helps either.

JMHO.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Americans have voted for people that have had a major affect on our economy( I blame both dems and GOP ) Labor unions demanding more money+ retirement/ben..... Our national , city and state gov demanding for cleaner( less co2 ) industries has not helped out. Taxes going up to pay for miss managment and greed (bailouts ) with more of our tax money.....

As far as my feelings on unions.... They can be just as greedy and corrupt as the politicians they buy off.I feel like things are only going to get worse with the rate of jobs being shiped to other countries that can operate with a lower overhead then they could here.

Rant off ( just my .02 )

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

DevonShelbyGT
¯
Member # 8696

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevonShelbyGT  Ford pictures for DevonShelbyGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you got me on board
Posts: 299 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stupid chain e-mails.

"Maybe if we don't buy some hose fittings made from another country, a factory might show up and put lazy ass americans to work for $.50/hour"

Yeah right.

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I buy mostly American...all my cars, except the Yamaha..but I stay within the American Made products...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The job economy is like this cause of sub prime loans .a bunch of dumb fucks thought they could afford houses when they made shit at their jobs and so many people are just walking away from them cuz they can't afford the loans as there payments balloon sky high so now those same people are not paying there property taxes then people wonder why goverments got to cut programs that are paid from those taxes, then the other companys don't get alot of bussness anymore from the goverments so they cut jobs then the people who lose their jobs can't afford their house so they walk awaynow people don't pay there bills like garbage so waist mangement cuts jobs and so on and so on it just snow
balls to one big mess just my 2 cents so think of what I said in the beginning and how that has a big trickle down effect not manny people are buying new cars either so companys that was just staying a float like GM is now bankrupt look at all the companys that cover wants from the public they are mostly all going out of bussness that's why crime is going up like theft it's one big mess and what your saying has little to no effect on this economy America has to rebuild itself finacialy but it's not going to happen for at least 5 to 10 yrs before things realy turn around

[ January 10, 2010, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: 50Reasons ]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I buy 'made in U.S.A.' every chance i get and personally am willing to pay a few bucks more to do just that.

I think many would be surprised just how much stuff you CAN GET made here.. if more people actually gave a shit. [patriot]

[ January 10, 2010, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

510 mob shit
¯
Member # 2117

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510 mob shit  Ford pictures for 510 mob shit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Slow... Where do u get off talking about unions?? Are you just mad because you can't get in one?? Unions set the standard for the construction industry.. They take care of there members.. I'm a proud union steamfitter and I've made a great living off union wages.. I baught my first house at 19 years old on union wages.. All you non union construction workers making provalling wages.. You can thanks US union people for your money! So I agree if you want to be a proud American you should atleast try to buy american... Somethimesits hard but try... Build .. Be... Buy .. American [patriot] just my .02

--------------------
FHFC

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ I think paying union dues is a joke IMO .... The big wigs in the unions make bank and don't do shit... That's really the only problem I have with them. As far as money goes.. It's cool being able to make bank. But when your out of work and still paying in it's no fun.....
Two guys at my work were in home/ com construction both making good money and now they make half of what they were making. Just my .02

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com