Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Travel Luggage Anyone travel frequently?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Travel Luggage Anyone travel frequently?
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to swear by Tumi but there luggage is not what it used to be. Now it's just a bit inflated without the top quality to back it up. Anyone travel frequently and can recommend some quality luggage that will last at least 2 years of heavy traveling.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Samsonite is no longer cool?
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eagle Creek: It has a lifetime "no matter what" repair and replacement warranty which even covers airline damage. Check out the Tarmac bag.
also:
Costco Kirkland: For affordability, opt which have a lifetime warranty, although it doesn't cover wear-and-tear.

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i personally like swiss, they dont offer the lifetime warranty but they at least they offer 5 years. Overall great quality in product.
Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Samsonite was never cool! They are excellent luggage but I never caught on to the 360 upright rolling which all their lifetime warranty stuff comes in. Plus it sucks waiting on a carousel and seeing 5+ bags that are the identical model and having a person grab yours instead.

I heard eagle creek was pretty good and their warranty is unbeatable. The tarmac line is the style I was looking at. I was also checking out US Luggage. I read they where along the same lines and many Domestic Airlines use them for their employees.

I'll check into the Swiss luggage but I'm leaning towards more the lifetime warranty luggage including wear and tear.

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lous vouton I think spelled that right

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have Samsonite's F-lite 28" hard shell luggage for check-in. They sell it in the Napa Samsonite outlet for like $80.

Very tough and it's 2 wheeled. I don't like the 4-wheeled ones either because it can roll away on you.

Went all over the Europe/Canada/West coast with it and it's still kicking.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Rookie07gt:
i personally like swiss, they dont offer the lifetime warranty but they at least they offer 5 years. Overall great quality in product.

+1..my gf has one and the luggage has held up on several trips already..still hasnt shown much wear.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com