Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » some HVAC ????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: some HVAC ????
Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im the construction field and works gotten really slow and getting tired of being at home and would really like to get a career going. i was thinking of getting into HVAC and wanted some advice and help to get pointed into the right direction.

Hows the work is it consistan?

What program or school would you recomond going to near the eastbay?

thanks in advance any help is appriciated [patriot]

Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my step dad owns a HVAC company he does mostly commercial stuff which isnt too bad... but the residential stuff sucks ass. your either crawling under a house or stuffed in an attic all day long. not to mention how itchy you get from the fiberglass. work can be pretty steady though since during the summer people want AC and in the winter people want heat.

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't mind getting dirty and trust me I know about fiber glass I've had to install and remove the crap lol.
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its not so bad at all. if you get in the trade shoot to be a tech .and don't rub insulation on your face or huff on it you will be fine. its hard work till you get smart at it and you will know what i mean when it all clicks.................and yea the money is good
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by scoop510:
im the construction field and works gotten really slow and getting tired of being at home and would really like to get a career going. i was thinking of getting into HVAC and wanted some advice and help to get pointed into the right direction.

It all depands what you want to do???? do you wan't to crawl under ground or actually design the system???? You can go to school or even a trade school and get a degree (BS is you can) in Mechanical Engineering. I have friends doing HVAC design and they enjoy what they do and make well over 60K+ [Big Grin]

GOOD LUCK,

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shits hard to get into unless you know ppl or get lucky. good career tho

--------------------
Jesus is king!

MachYou
¯
Member # 7934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MachYou  Ford pictures for MachYou    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
im the construction field and works gotten really slow an
d getting tired of being at home and would really like to get a career going. i was thinking of getting into HVAC and wanted some advice and help to get pointed into the right direction.

Call me...

For work consistency it all depends on where you work
The company I'm with is based outta south city but we do all
Kinds of work from marin to palo alto/los altos area
We mainly to high end remodel homes(we just finished doing the
ceo of google house) we also do some govt projects(crissy fields in sf)
And a lot of work at sfo and some light commercial at the local malls
So pretty much we have our hands in everything.
I've had to use a creeper a few times to roll around
Under a house but since they just finished framing the house
Is was clean with a lil saw dust. So it really depends on what
Area you work in and what the company specilizes in.

[ January 07, 2010, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: itznotahighway ]

--------------------
All Bullshit Stops When the Hands Drop

Posts: 726 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

I'm talking about installing the units. Ok sounds like everyones prety happy with where they work.everyone that posted good looking out!
MachYou
¯
Member # 7934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MachYou  Ford pictures for MachYou    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I'm talking about installing the units. Ok sounds like everyones prety happy with where they work.everyone that posted good looking out!

For installing your be doing a lot of sheetmetal work
Depending on the company you'll either use premade fittings or the shop will make them for you.
Its almost like a puzzle you have visulize what you need to get from point a to b.
But you'll be given the fittings and told make it work.

--------------------
All Bullshit Stops When the Hands Drop

Posts: 726 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm a Foreman for a Union commercial HVAC company , we do work all over the Bay. In 13 years I have not spent 1 day at home with out work. In 2009 I made over a $115k and like what I do,so yea I think it's a good profession. [patriot]

[ January 07, 2010, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Tinner ]

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com