Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Roy Jones Jr's opinion on the Pacman/Mayweather situation

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Roy Jones Jr's opinion on the Pacman/Mayweather situation
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here:
http://boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=18989

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RJJ is a clown:

The second question he is way off base. Urine test is easily fooled by PEDs and cycling. Blood test is vastly more accurate and harder to dodge.

The John Ruiz question is asked wrong and with a slant again they are over-looking the obvious. RJJ came up in weight, he didnt do a catch weight with Ruiz he fought at what ever weight was for the division. Manny is making a stipulation on a weight limit and in essence limiting the other fighters effectiveness.

Everyone is questioning Mayweathers concession but not Manny's ridiculous 10 mill per pound over 147 BS. RJJ tested dirty before too. I like RJJ a lot and I hope this interview is out of context.

[ December 29, 2009, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ hope it was out of text too... I also like RJJ....... Just face it guys Pac is a punk and doesn't want a ( clean/ fair ) fight

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wonder how many dollars Manny slipped into Roy's pocket??? LOL, nah but in all seriousness, this whole thing is made out to be bigger than what it really is. I highly doubt Pac is on some shit.
I read on ESPN that Pac did agree to a blood test for the Hatton fight. Which does make it little odd he's refusing now. But it also mentioned he aggrees to do a RANDOM urine test no later than 30 days before AND after the fight. Which means he could be given the test a day before OR after.

[ December 29, 2009, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Rigo5.0 ]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
...But it also mentioned he aggrees to do a RANDOM urine test no later than 30 days before AND after the fight. Which means he could be given the test a day before OR after.

No he agreed to random tests no closer than with 30 days of the fight. So he would have a month to wash the peds before a "random" test could be done. Any Vic Conte type can elude a test within 30 days and especially if you know the day. That would be a worthless test. Even the USADA said so. And not only did he agree to the testing for the Hatton fight. He took the test within 14 days of his 2nd round murder of Hatton. Yet PacMan states he is scared of needles, never did this before and that it will limit his effectiveness. he knocked Hatton out in 2 rds!! If that was a limited effective fight. Had he not took the test he would have blew Hattons head up with a jab according to what PacMan is saying. I am telling you dude is bullshittin.
Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
...But it also mentioned he aggrees to do a RANDOM urine test no later than 30 days before AND after the fight. Which means he could be given the test a day before OR after.

No he agreed to random tests no closer than with 30 days of the fight. So he would have a month to wash the peds before a "random" test could be done. Any Vic Conte type can elude a test within 30 days and especially if you know the day. That would be a worthless test. Even the USADA said so. And not only did he agree to the testing for the Hatton fight. He took the test within 14 days of his 2nd round murder of Hatton. Yet PacMan states he is scared of needles, never did this before and that it will limit his effectiveness. he knocked Hatton out in 2 rds!! If that was a limited effective fight. Had he not took the test he would have blew Hattons head up with a jab according to what PacMan is saying. I am telling you dude is bullshittin.
Not what it says on ESPN's website and article-

"Throughout negotiations over the drug testing -- the final point the sides need to agree on -- Pacquiao has said he would submit to unlimited random urine tests. However, he refused Mayweather's demand to have random blood testing. Instead, Pacquiao agreed to take three tests, one during the week of the kickoff news conference in early January, one random test to be conducted no later than 30 days before the fight, and a final test in his dressing room after the fight."

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really think the only suckers right now is the people buying all the bs, they're just hyping the fight with a hole bunch of bs that will eventually lead to even higher record breaking sales. I think the fight will happen but maybe at the end of 2010.

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by xvt's 85 5.0:
I really think the only suckers right now is the people buying all the bs, they're just hyping the fight with a hole bunch of bs that will eventually lead to even higher record breaking sales. I think the fight will happen but maybe at the end of 2010.

i agree, plus it's an EGO thing too. who gets to call the shots? both guys want anything and everything on their own terms. they both want to be the bigger shot-caller. if i was Pac, i would demand gayweather to do 100 push-ups before stepping in the ring [Razz] .
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
quote:
Originally posted by xvt's 85 5.0:

i agree, plus it's an EGO thing too. who gets to call the shots? both guys want anything and everything on their own terms. they both want to be the bigger shot-caller. if i was Pac, i would demand gayweather to do 100 push-ups before stepping in the ring [Razz] .
Shit, I can do 100 push ups no problem.. Floyd can probably do 300 push ups and still bash P.E.D.mans face in

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Not what it says on ESPN's website and article-

"Throughout negotiations over the drug testing -- the final point the sides need to agree on -- Pacquiao has said he would submit to unlimited random urine tests. However, he refused Mayweather's demand to have random blood testing. Instead, Pacquiao agreed to take three tests, one during the week of the kickoff news conference in early January, one random test to be conducted no later than 30 days before the fight, and a final test in his dressing room after the fight."

Yea the wording on that statement is weird. What Arum is saying is that no tests within 30 days of the fight.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Quit hating N8...I can't wait til Pacman fucks up GAYWEATHER. Then you're gonna come back with some thread saying, "yea, I knew manny would win all along, I just dont like his fighting style...."
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA [Razz]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Quit hating N8...I can't wait til Pacman fucks up GAYWEATHER. Then you're gonna come back with some thread saying, "yea, I knew manny would win all along, I just dont like his fighting style...."
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA [Razz]

lol. I am not hating. I just do not like the way they are building PacMan up. And not telling the public the real. He is going about his move ups in a corrupt manner IMO. No one in my recent memory fights at so many catch weights as he does. That limits the effectiveness of the incumbent. And 10 mill for each pound over? [BS flag]
Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Where did you get the info from? They apparently agreed to urine analysis at ANYTIME. Not within a specified time interval.

Plus, Mayweather pushed for blood up to the weigh-in. Since Olympic Style testing requires a significant amount of blood, I can see why it would be weakening. I wouldn't do it either.

Plus, they are willing to do blood testing before and right after the fight.

I don't see how he can elude a positive test for PEDs if he agrees to RANDOM urine at ANYTIME as well as blood before the press-conference and directly after the fight.

Why is there so much clout saying that he is hiding something?

If anyone on this board thinks they can elude a RANDOM urine analysis for PEDs at ANYTIME, WHILE reaping beneficial enhancements.. LOL

Quote from Arum:

"We appeased Mayweather by agreeing to a urine analysis at any time, and blood testing before the press conference and after the fight. Mayweather pressed for blood testing even up to the weigh-in. He knew that Manny gets freaked out when his blood gets taken, and feels that it weakens him. This is just harassment and, to me, just signaled that he didn't want the fight."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4766171

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Posts: 565 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Where did you get the info from? They apparently agreed to urine analysis at ANYTIME. Not within a specified time interval.

Urine and blood analysis is NOT the same thing. Plus it is also the format they are requesting (USADA as the governing body).

Plus, Mayweather pushed for blood up to the weigh-in. Since Olympic Style testing requires a significant amount of blood, I can see why it would be weakening. I wouldn't do it either.

The format suggests that the randomness is possible up to the day of. Also Mayweather has the same restriction. And it does not require significant blood. It is has been measured at maybe a teaspoon to a tablespoon. He did drug testing already for the Hatton fight and that was 14 days before

Plus, they are willing to do blood testing before and right after the fight.

Before as in 30 days before. That renders a test damn near ineffective. As pointed out by the USADA

I don't see how he can elude a positive test for PEDs if he agrees to RANDOM urine at ANYTIME as well as blood before the press-conference and directly after the fight.

Why is there so much clout saying that he is hiding something?

Because Manny flat out lied. And everyone but him on his team has all but said yes to the testing. Also he has several tattoos, so where is the superstition and fear of needles there?

If anyone on this board thinks they can elude a RANDOM urine analysis for PEDs at ANYTIME, WHILE reaping beneficial enhancements.. LOL

You can easily elude urine tests ask Vic Conte, not saying blood test is 100% either, but when you mix that with USADA format, it really diminishes the possibility of PEDs.

Quote from Arum:

"We appeased Mayweather by agreeing to a urine analysis at any time, and blood testing before the press conference and after the fight. Mayweather pressed for blood testing even up to the weigh-in. He knew that Manny gets freaked out when his blood gets taken, and feels that it weakens him. This is just harassment and, to me, just signaled that he didn't want the fight."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4766171

I bet you though you were really onto something with this story link huh? Well check a few more links and you can see that Mannys whole argument was dispelled with the HBO 24/7 special for the Hatton fight where they show him getting a blood test 14 days before the fight. And showing no ill effects from it.

All in all your whole post here is bogus. Keep in mind I am not really a fan of either man. But a boxing purist. So I see things for what they are without trying to stick up for the guy I think is gonna win. What Mayweather is propositioning is more on the fair side that Mannys request.

F1R/GT
¯
Member # 7404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F1R/GT  Ford pictures for F1R/GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N8: Just a question... But how is it that you know so much about steroid use and testing for it???

--------------------
sure officer it's stock....

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F1R/GT:
N8: Just a question... But how is it that you know so much about steroid use and testing for it???

[worship] [worship] [worship] [Big Grin]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't wait to see manny get knocked on his ass. At this point, I just want them to fight....and get the ass kickin over with.
Floyd FTW [burnout]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Also he has several tattoos, so where is the superstition and fear of needles there?

a tattoo needle and hyperdermic(sp?) are very different.not to mention a tattoo needle isnt used the same way as a hyper. i am almost head to toe tattoos but when i go have blood tests done i get all pussied up.

i dont care about this argument over the boxing. just wanted to point out that you can be scared of needles and have tattoos.

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com