Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What did you spend all night putting together for your kids?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What did you spend all night putting together for your kids?
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Garbage air hockey table! Particle board piece of crap. Two hours of my life wasted last night. No holes lined up, missing hardware, mismarked pieces. Oh well, I'm sure the kids won't know the difference.

[ December 25, 2009, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: 5OHS5OH ]

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had to fucking rip the tape 2 the box! and then open it! and stick the game into the nintendo ds! and started playing it before him! lmao [Whoo Whooooo!] very hard work [Big Grin]

[ December 25, 2009, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
little elmo trike, holes mismatched and cheap hardware......lol 2 hours
SSF 50
¯
Member # 7219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF 50  Ford pictures for SSF 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i thought id get away wit nothing this year but jus had 2 put zhu zhu pets 2gether, but it was a LOT better/easier than last years huge doll house!

--------------------
Never Ending List of 50z!!

"BAY AREA STUNNAZ"
Dude that 5.0 is not a 5.0 no way bro. It has to have a diff motor.

KeithStang7
¯
Member # 1945

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeithStang7  Ford pictures for KeithStang7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used 23 hours of my life over the last 7 days putting together the LEGO Death Star with super glue. Well worth it too. No regrets. He loves it. And is totally stoked to get it. Of course Santa gets all the credit. No sweat off my back. [patriot]

--------------------
We the unwilling
Do the impossible
For the ungrateful

Posts: 393 | From: Redding, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a custom black cased hard and soft modded wii for my son.it said santa on the tag but he knows whats up

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KeithStang7:
I used 23 hours of my life over the last 7 days putting together the LEGO Death Star with super glue. Well worth it too. No regrets. He loves it. And is totally stoked to get it. Of course Santa gets all the credit. No sweat off my back. [patriot]

8 hours of legos not supper glued. Will do that next time since I've already wasted anohter 2 hours fixing it over and over after he breaks it.
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whisper baby bucket "little pushcar for toddler's" took about 2 hour's,had good instruction's & decent hardware. Also put together a princess vanity, about 1.5 hour's [Big Grin] .

[ December 26, 2009, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: SmokinLX ]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

[patriot] thats tight man, youre a good dad! i cant wait to do stuff like that in the future when i have kids......way way in the future though hahaha..

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I built 4 computers within 7 days of Christmas. The final one I assembled, loaded Windows XP, drivers, loaded programs and did all the updates in one night. This was all done so everyone has their own computer and wont fight over who gets on the internet..... now I get to chase viruses in all those machines...... its the gift that keeps on giving!!!

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cleaning up the aftermath, and now looking for places to put all this away. not to mention, all the gifts from 4 different christmas parties! my wallet is definetly missing his green friends.. but all of this is more than worth it, a true blessing indeed!

-

i tried real hard to buy things she would really like that i didnt have to put together, but i did end up putting a little einstein's rocket, and a shopping cart. pc of CAKE. haha.

[ December 28, 2009, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: AbominableSnoman... ]

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
I built 4 computers within 7 days of Christmas. The final one I assembled, loaded Windows XP, drivers, loaded programs and did all the updates in one night. This was all done so everyone has their own computer and wont fight over who gets on the internet..... now I get to chase viruses in all those machines...... its the gift that keeps on giving!!!

was all the stuff useful? I was hoping the stuff wasnt too dated and unusable.
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

If it runs xp still sounds like they are still useful to average users. Props for giving it all away. But asskickn you gotta ghost/img a fresh copy of windows with all the updates and needed apps on a flash drive and slip steam the needed drivers for each comp. Install windows xp/updates/drivers/apps in 15 minutes.
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

If it runs xp still sounds like they are still useful to average users. Props for giving it all away. But asskickn you gotta ghost/img a fresh copy of windows with all the updates and needed apps on a flash drive and slip steam the needed drivers for each comp. Install windows xp/updates/drivers/apps in 15 minutes.
true that im doing that right this minute, getting a master ghost machine for work done so i dont have to spend hella time rebuilding these dam things.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
PugOwner
¯
Member # 8404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PugOwner  Ford pictures for PugOwner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A trampoline.

-

Posts: 62 | From: Rio Linda, CA | Registered: May 2008  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wasn't for my kids, it was for the Mrs. [Smile]

Mai Tai's. It's a bitch pouring those when you're already tipsy. I managed though. [Cool]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Yeah, I got use out a lot of those parts. I'm going to put the one with neon in it together and get it running. The monitors helped out too, all together they finished off the whole project. The only copy of Windows XP I had was SP1 so applying all the updates were some work but I just had them running in pairs and updating while I watched a movie. Thanks again!

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SAMACH1:
quote:

[patriot] thats tight man, youre a good dad! i cant wait to do stuff like that in the future when i have kids......way way in the future though hahaha..
isnt the point of giving legos is for them to build it lol? no one ever built mine thats the fun part just sayin

--------------------
Jesus is king!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com