Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I have a new dream car

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I have a new dream car
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well not have but it is definitely what I am setting my sights on as a goal in the next year or so.... The Porsche Panamera...All I can say is OMG!... It is a 4 door but is pure sexy.

Just got back from LA on a biz trip and my friend and soon to be business associate let the wife and I borrow his for a night out and all I can say is wow... I am not one to jock a car, but this one.. Man... If any of you guys are into Porsches or whatever you have to test drive this one.

510_SVT
¯
Member # 8705

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_SVT  Ford pictures for 510_SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree those cars are bad ass! [worship]

--------------------
/96 Cobra/
//87' LX h.c.i//

Posts: 1306 | From: 510EastBay | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey N8 that's great! I just got back from a family weekend in LA and we parked next to a Panamera Turbo at dinner one night. I'm not sold 100% on the styling, but if you're after the baddest four-door ever made, this has gotta be the one.
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
Hey N8 that's great! I just got back from a family weekend in LA and we parked next to a Panamera Turbo at dinner one night. I'm not sold 100% on the styling, but if you're after the baddest four-door ever made, this has gotta be the one.

Did it happen to be black and over by Rodeo (Santa Monica Blvd)? Dude was getting us into some exclusive shit all week. But yea man, this gotta a brotha wanting to get his grind on extra hard in 2010. I mean I could possibly get one right now, but I would be hurtin...lol. I wanna get it and be able to enjoy it.

Someone had a post about what car to get. I would suggest this one. MFs was wondering who the hell I was pulling up in it. People were crowding the car taking pictures and shit. And I was parked next to a canary yellow Rolls, and they were still jockin the porsche. Honestly I am not a ttention whore so it was irritating, but people was on this car.!

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its a good idea, I just can't get the styling to grow on me. it just looks weird to me...

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Did it happen to be black and over by Rodeo (Santa Monica Blvd)? Dude was getting us into some exclusive shit all week. But yea man, this gotta a brotha wanting to get his grind on extra hard in 2010. I mean I could possibly get one right now, but I would be hurtin...lol. I wanna get it and be able to enjoy it.

Someone had a post about what car to get. I would suggest this one. MFs was wondering who the hell I was pulling up in it. People were crowding the car taking pictures and shit. And I was parked next to a canary yellow Rolls, and they were still jockin the porsche. Honestly I am not a ttention whore so it was irritating, but people was on this car.!

It was pretty dark, but it looked like it was a dark blue color. It was on Woodman between Moorpark and Ventura. I can't really see that car getting a whole lotta looks, to be honest, except for the fact that maybe people were like, "What the hell is that thing?" That whole area is just ridiculous in terms of every 2 or 3 cars being a benz/BMW/lexus. I actually saw a McLaren Mercedes roadster driving in that area over the weekend too - first time I'd seen one of those on the road.

That being said, I'd love to go rip around in it if for no other reason than it is a turbo Porsche. I don't know your financial situation, but I'd expect someone would have to hustle pretty hard for a car like that. What's the list price?

Not going to be a popular opinion, but for the first time I saw a ZR1 at the Chevy dealer down there, and THAT is a car I'd love to own!

SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I would look at the caddi CTS-V that car would blow the porsche away

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

quote:
Originally posted by SheerSliver03:
quote:

I would look at the caddi CTS-V that car would blow the porsche away
I'm not sure about that. I think the Panamera Turbo does 0-60 in 4.0 seconds. Either car is impressive for a four-door...
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That car is badass and one hell of a status symbol. People down south front really hard especially on the latest sh
50Mustang
¯
Member # 3108

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Mustang  Ford pictures for 50Mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Well not have but it is definitely what I am setting my sights on as a goal in the next year or so.... The Porsche Panamera...All I can say is OMG!... It is a 4 door but is pure sexy.

Just got back from LA on a biz trip and my friend and soon to be business associate let the wife and I borrow his for a night out and all I can say is wow... I am not one to jock a car, but this one.. Man... If any of you guys are into Porsches or whatever you have to test drive this one.

kinda expensive tho, don't get me wrong, with that $ rather have 7 sec stang.

--------------------
"Theirs no such thing as to much horsepower and torque"

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by smokealot:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

yea it is my friend got his for just over msrp (about 140k). I just got to get on my grind a little harder. But after driving that, driving a mustang is a disappointment unfortunately.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah definitely a bad ass sedan and head turner... Saw one at the car show at the moscone and needless to say there was a huge crowd around it chcking it out.. It could be that we were close up but the car looked enormous

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was in LA last year when porsche had them driving around to "test" the public's reaction, sooo dope, I'm not surprised to hear it drives as well as it looks.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by smokealot:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

a 7 sec mustang? lol!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i went with my foreman for a pdi in one last week and that ish is bad ass. handles like a mofo, too [worship] if you could afford 150k, more power to you. [Big Grin]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com