Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » cut springs

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: cut springs
85staNg302
¯
Member # 9450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85staNg302  Ford pictures for 85staNg302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone help??

is it hard to cut the springs on a 85 fox?

what do i need to do it?

how much do i have it cut to lower about 2"?

can some body help.. thanks

Posts: 1561 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I was you I would just heat the springs and they charge $20.00 for all 4 springs.....Cutting the springs is just a big hasle...Cause you gotta cut the right amount of spring on all four corners right or you're car will ride like crap...LMK

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Venomousnotch:
If I was you I would just heat the springs and they charge $20.00 for all 4 springs.....Cutting the springs is just a big hassle...Cause you gotta cut the right amount of spring on all four corners right or you're car will ride like crap...LMK [/Qdo
no not repeat do not heat the springs this guys an idiot for saying that.cut one coil of the front an 1/2 to on the the rear or just buy some used lowering springs

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cut 1 1/4 coil off the front, that will give you close to 1.5" drop. I don't remember off hand what to cut off the rear so its trial and error to get it right. Just remember, it will settle down after you get a few miles on it. I made this mistake with some Jamex 2" drop springs I got way back in the day. I installed them and didn't think the car went low enough so I cut more off. It sat exactly how I wanted it to, then it settled another 3/4". Needless to say it was miserable to drive. DON'T heat the springs though, not a good way to lower your car unless you want it flat out dumped and to ride like total dog shit.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
If I was you I would just heat the springs and they charge $20.00 for all 4 springs.....Cutting the springs is just a big hassle...Cause you gotta cut the right amount of spring on all four corners right or you're car will ride like crap...LMK [/Qdo
no not repeat do not heat the springs this guys an idiot for saying that.cut one coil of the front an 1/2 to on the the rear or just buy some used lowering springs

Who the fuck are you calling an idiot bitch....Fuck you fag you wouldn't say that to my face you pusscake fuck...Before you start
instructing people on how to work on their car learn how to spell...

[ November 28, 2009, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Venomousnotch ]

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Venomousnotch:
quote:

Who the fuck are you calling an idiot bitch....Fuck you fag you wouldn't say that to my face you pusscake fuck...Before you start instructing people on how to work on there car learn how to spell...
i may not be able to spell at least i know how to turn wrenches an not give 1962 advice on lower a car.an yes i would say it to your face
SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Who the fuck are you calling an idiot bitch....Fuck you fag you wouldn't say that to my face you pusscake fuck...Before you start instructing people on how to work on there car learn how to spell...
you know you just used the wrong "their" before you mad fun of him for bad spelling?

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

i may not be able to spell
^^ ROTFLMFAO haha ^^

quote:
Originally posted by SheerSliver03:
quote:
quote:

you know you just used the wrong "their" before you mad fun of him for bad spelling?
^^ ROTFLMFAO haha ^^ x2

quote:
quote:
quote:

and you just spelled "made" wrong

lmao x3

[ November 28, 2009, 04:12 AM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

quote:
quote:
quote:

Who the
fuck are you calling an idiot bitch....Fuck you fag you wouldn't say that to my face you pusscake fuck...Before you start instructing people on how to work on there car learn how to
spell...

i may not be able to spell at least i know how to turn wrenches an not give 1962 advice on lower a
car.an yes i would say it to your face

So just because you can turn a wrench you can clown on somebody that was just being sarcastic...And know you wouldn't say that to my face I guarantee you that...I'm not trying to fuck up homies post....

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Who the
fuck are you calling an idiot bitch....Fuck you fag you wouldn't say that to my face you pusscake fuck...Before you start instructing people on how to work on there car learn how to
spell...

i may not be able to spell at least i know how to turn wrenches an not give 1962 advice on lower a

So just because you can turn a wrench you can clown on somebody that was just being sarcastic...And know you wouldn't say that to my face I guarantee you that...I'm not trying to fuck up homies post....
you most not no me then if you say something dumb i will let you know maybe you try rubbing one off you'll probably be more relax an ready to fight the inter webs
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Who the
spell...

you most not know me then if you say something dumb i will let you know maybe you try rubbing one off you'll probably be more relax an ready to fight the inter webs

SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i may not be able to spell
^^ ROTFLMFAO haha ^^

quote:
quote:
quote:

^^ ROTFLMFAO haha ^^ x2

quote:
quote:
quote:

and you just spelled "made" wrong

lmao x3

I noticed that too and dude I laughed and almost woke up my baby daughter hahahahahaha

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

85staNg302
¯
Member # 9450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85staNg302  Ford pictures for 85staNg302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha, thanks to the ones that helped tho [Big Grin]
Posts: 1561 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^
^
yeah but mine was a typo, i didn't use a word incorrectly

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Who the fuck are you calling an idiot bitch....Fuck you fag you wouldn't say that to my face you pusscake fuck...Before you start
instructing people on how to work on their car learn how to spell...

Dude, fasthatch never spells anything correctly, nor does he actually write in coherent sentences. That's just the way he rolls. Seems like he knows his stuff, so it's a moot point.
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TIME FOR A SPELLING BEE!

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahaha "say it to my face"

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here is what happens when idiots melt springs

-

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dame that one fucked up spring haha!!!!!!!

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com