Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1993 cobra purchase question (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 1993 cobra purchase question
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to go look at a 93 this weekend and the guy said it had been stolen before at one point in time. It's a clean title but I was just wondering if that hurts the value
of the car. All the body panels are original and no wrecks just wondering if that hurts the value at all? What are your thoughts ?

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no as long as it has a clean title and everything there is original..Hopefully alot of the parts werent stolen and replaced..ex: motor, interior, trans, etc..check the numbers on the car and see if everything matches up.

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
1989lx5.0
¯
Member # 3699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1989lx5.0  Ford pictures for 1989lx5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not sure what your guy is asking but here is a very nice one with i believe 26,000 original miles for 13,500obo in cali.

http://www.wickedstangs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12180

--------------------
1979 pace car

1985 svo

www.californiafords.com the better calfords

Posts: 552 | From: near fresno | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I'd check the VIN tags on all the body parts to see if anything was replace. Its not like the engine has a serial number so if it has the correct GT40 heads and Cobra intake your good there. I would just look at the car carefully to see if you get an overall feeling the car looks like it was pieced back together at some point by body panels not lining up or if non Cobra parts replace the real thing.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1989lx5.0:
not sure what your guy is asking but here is a very nice one with i believe 26,000 original miles for 13,500obo in cali.

http://www.wickedstangs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12180

Your link doesn't work. says you need to log in...
1989lx5.0
¯
Member # 3699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1989lx5.0  Ford pictures for 1989lx5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
crap, well its a mint teal cobra, 24,000 orig mi, bone stock, he is asking $13,500obo

a few pics and his description

Finally convinced myself to part with my beauty to focus on other endeavors.

As far as I can tell from CarFax, I'm the 4th owner. I bought it in mid 2008 and have put just over 2k miles on it since then. Just over 24k miles

No mods, all stock..original pampered miles.

Original 'dated' coolant hoses, original spark plug wires and plugs. The only thing not original is the battery and tires.

The car was originally equipped with the cassette player which was cutting out, so I have a replacement radio in it now, plus a factory CD player with a new NOS face, that goes with the sale.

For those that know me, you know this car is well taken care of, always garaged AND covered.

reply or PM for more info.

Note: a previous owner placed that SVT badge on the dash. I didnt want to damage it by trying to remove it for the stock pony badge

BUYER GETS CHOICE OF VANITY PLATE, AS YOU CAN SEE I'VE USED SEVERAL

EDITED: Asking price $13,500.... negotiable.

-

[IMG] http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp91/tommayorga/93%20SVT%20Cobra/e1e4_4.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG]
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp91/tommayorga/93%20SVT%20Cobra/e145_4.jpg [/IMG]

[ November 19, 2009, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: 1989lx5.0 ]

--------------------
1979 pace car

1985 svo

www.californiafords.com the better calfords

Posts: 552 | From: near fresno | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After talking a little more with the owner, it seems to havean issue with the title...although clean it was stolen at one point and afterwards it was re issued a title still a clean title. Seems like a legitimate car and the price is right. What about that? How does that sound ?
89Saleen310
¯
Member # 5397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Saleen310  Ford pictures for 89Saleen310  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holy crap where did you find this car. I want it

--------------------
89 Saleen #310
64 1/2 coupe
73 mach 1
73 vert
66 vert
65 vert
67 coupe
67 coupe
66 coupe

Posts: 1128 | From: Oakland Hills (montclair) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Any other thoughts on the re issued title ?
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you seen the title and what does it say exactly? There's a box in the upper right hand corner that says "vehicle history". If the car has a certain history you'll see salvaged or remanufactured in that box showing it was repaired. The salvaged is the worst because it had enough damage for the insurance to consider it a total loss instead of fixing it.

--------------------

Abandon him.

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

It's not a Cali car it's an Oklahoma title it isn't salvaged it's clean but it was re issued a title after the theft to make sure the Vin matched
I just don't know if that's somethig that should deter me from getting it

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Weird things can happen when changing the title from one state to another. I'd say if your happy enough with the deal then do it and not worry about what's going to be printed on the title. If your paying near what a clean title Cobra would go for then maybe keep looking.

--------------------

Abandon him.

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

not to keep bumping this but i found out a little bit more.

It's a state assigned vin number, it was issued after the theft of the vehicle in oklahoma.
the owner has copies of both titles, but apparently it had to have a new vin number assigned to it after it got stolen.
seem shady?

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't know man not sure about having new vin# never heard of that I have asked about my cobra registering at another state like idaho cus my bot lives there.it currently have salvage title but if I was to sell to hime and regs over there it will be a clean idaho title but if I was to buy it back and regs here in cali it will still have salvage title,good luck on the hunt.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

I've seen cars here in Cali that have had the vin reissued, usually after theft but its been a long time ago. What's the reason he hasn't transferred it to here? Maybe he found out it will be issued a salvage title here if its transferred and that's why he's trying to off it. Who knows, I'd just take the title to DMV and ask them outright if it would or wouldn't be branded. Also, have you ran a carfax on it? That would tell a lot also.

--------------------

Abandon him.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
too much BS. Id walk on it.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
unless its priced to sell as a salvaged car id pass on it. however, if you pay top dollar like you would for a mint clean titled cobra then you'll definitely be losing money if you plan on selling sometime in the future. u can consider that title as a rebuilt or what they often call as "washed" titles where you can get a pink slip reissued as clean in some states after the car has gone through a proper inspectio(whatever that is) then register back in cali as clean. of course carfax will show the paper trail and most buyers would run away unless its priced to sell. lots of better choices out there to be concentrating on this one i think.

whats the asking price?

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1989lx5.0:
 -

[IMG] http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp91/tommayorga/93%20SVT%20Cobra/e1e4_4.jpg [/IMG]

[IMG]
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp91/tommayorga/93%20SVT%20Cobra/e145_4.jpg [/IMG]

Um why does this cobra have a sunroof? That's pretty gay. I never heard of one coming from the factory like this. If someone ruined the roof to put that in they should be flamed with a flame thrower [Roll Eyes] [BS flag]
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Some came with sunroofs man.
The title is clean, I should have stated its an NC title now. That's where I live right now.
It is a clean NC title, with an Oklahoma state vin number.

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Also, I should add the price is $7500 I was planning on talking him down a bit. Hoping to pick it up for closer to 7k
It does need a little bit of paint attention, but other than that it's clean.

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Really they came with sunroofs? Still horribly ugly imo. [Frown]
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
Also, I should add the price is $7500 I was planning on talking him down a bit. Hoping to pick it up for closer to 7k
It does need a little bit of paint attention, but other than that it's clean.

7k I might have to do that one playa...lol
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
Some came with sunroofs man.
The title is clean, I should have stated its an NC title now. That's where I live right now.
It is a clean NC title, with an Oklahoma state vin number.

the new vin is most likly b/c the old vin was removed when they stole it
93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got one for sale- black one,- asking more than 7k though. pm me if your interested- clean title 51k miles
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
Really they came with sunroofs? Still horribly ugly imo. [Frown]

[Roll Eyes]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com