Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » who runs a moto gp exhaust

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: who runs a moto gp exhaust
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just lookin around on ebay for stuff for my cbr600 and i came across a moto gp exhaust for 60 bucks. right now it has stock exhaust and its huge and quiet and ugly. this moto gp setup says its 105 DB which is pretty damn loud. just wanted to know if any of you guys have them on your bikes and how you like em

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does your year CBR have the underseat? Underseat looks better than the gp. Plus in my opinion louder is not always better on your bike. Loud bikes tip off cops, especially in the mountains. 60 bucks sounds cheap tho, so if you dont like it you can always get rid of it.

[ November 07, 2009, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: Yaterstang ]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I always loved the gp style exhaust on the new r6 and gsxr! I'm not sure what the eBay one looks like, but if it's one of those cheap ones that looks like an exhaust tip for a car, then stay away!!!! In essence, that's all it is...a car exhaust tip with no baffle. Plus you'll lose the back pressure. I installed one on an 03 r6 for a day and it was obnoxiously loud and the bike ran like shit!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it kinda looks like an exhaust tip but according to the ad it does have a baffle, and its for a 99 F4 so it has the big ugly muffler hangin off the side of the bike

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

ScooterStang
¯
Member # 9077

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScooterStang  Ford pictures for ScooterStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Loud pipes saves lives but with no back pressure you will have crappy bottom end. Buy a good pipe power commander and gearing you will be HAPPY with that and if not go to 1000 cc like i did and hold on [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [dance] [dance]

--------------------
~ 89 GT
~ 07 GSXR 1000
~ 89 Toyota 4x4 w/7" lift

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

well the bike has cams, higher compression, and the stock control box has been replaced. so the bike has plenty of power. but the muffler is huge and scratched up from when the previous owner low sided it

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do it plain and simlpe it looks and sounds dope hahaha

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
ScooterStang
¯
Member # 9077

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScooterStang  Ford pictures for ScooterStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd put a yoshi and call it a day... [burnout]

--------------------
~ 89 GT
~ 07 GSXR 1000
~ 89 Toyota 4x4 w/7" lift

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com