Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sound deadening

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sound deadening
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to dynamat the whole inside of my foxbody (hatch, cabin, tranny tunnel) EVERYTHING. Does anyone have a hook up on dynamat?

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dynamatted the entire inside of my Fastback. Hope it works good.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
i dynamatted the entire inside of my Fastback. Hope it works good.

How much did it cost? Ive been looking around. Some people use stuff called RAAMAT (sp). It costs like 250$ for enough of it to do the project I want to.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a lot, i would buy some and then run out and then buy more and run out so i don't have the exact price

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did my fobra with peel `n seal from lowes, it took 1 roll to do the entire trunk, and both doors...$15

makes a huge difference.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
KeithStang7
¯
Member # 1945

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeithStang7  Ford pictures for KeithStang7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dynamat offers a 36 sqft box. It will do the entire floor of a 94 I know for a fact. It does make a big diffrance in the amount of sound and rattles you get in the car. Dynamat recently came out with Dynamat light for the people who don't want to add a bunch of weight to their car. Not sure on price or how comparable it is to the original. I put the extreme mat in mine with the foil layer on it for the heat barrier. After I spent the money a buddy of mine informed me that a product called "Hush mat" was just as good and was a fraction of the cost of Dynamat. Google it. Something will pop up. [patriot]

--------------------
We the unwilling
Do the impossible
For the ungrateful

Posts: 393 | From: Redding, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out http://www.fatmat.com/ my dad just bought a bunch and the price was good. [patriot]
dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used a complete 36 sq feet to o a full trunk on my old CHP and did the rear speaker deck with fat mat but dynamat is the way to go [patriot]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by dubfive-0:
I used a complete 36 sq feet to o a full trunk on my old CHP and did the rear speaker deck with fat mat but dynamat is the way to go [patriot]

Do you think Dynamat will deaden the sound of a 532ci motor with long tube headers, x pipe and 2 chamber flows(possibly), dumped?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

the peel `n seal I used from lowes is twice as thick, and has the same shiny backing as the dynomat xtreme that the p/o put on the underside of the trunk in my car.

I don't think dynamat is the way to go, I think the peel `n seal roofing material is.

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

quote:
quote:

Do you think Dynamat will deaden the sound of a 532ci motor with long tube headers, x pipe and 2 chamber flows(possibly), dumped?
dynamat doesn't block or absorb sound, for something like that you'd want insulation, and lots of it.

read up here for a better description:
http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

it should work just heat it up so it can work and stick better, I done a few cars already with dynamat and crazy ass systems and sound stays inside but in your case will be outside [Big Grin]
if not worst case youll need a layer of dynamat dynapad to top it off, but if its too much $ which my opinion it is buy a roll of fatmat and add two or three layers on top of the dynamat [patriot] LMK if this works out for you or any other questions LMK

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure if it was mentioned, but you can go over board on this stuff. I did a GT one time, and went over board to the point when you would close the door my ears would pop. It was that tight inside. Dont go overboard it is not cool...lol. My beat all stayed inside tho and it sounded great.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com