Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » SWINE FLU.....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SWINE FLU.....
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone had it? Or know someone who has? I am not really that afraid of getting it. I am not considered "High Risk" but I think Im going to get the vaccine when I can.

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Our secretary had it two weeks ago.

She was sick for 5-6 days and missed a week of work.

Back at work at feeling great now however.

Two people left work just this morning with flu-like symptoms.

I have not seen any conclusive evidence to suggest that we should be anymore concerned about swine flu than any other flu virus this winter.

The media has blown this virus out of proportion and just like any other flu virus, it's children, the elderly, and those with weak immune systems that are mostly at risk.

Cheers,
Luke

[ October 28, 2009, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After seeing that dystonia video, i would rather take my chances at getting the flu.
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
After seeing that dystonia video, i would rather take my chances at getting the flu.

+1

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CAILFORNIAGT:
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:

+1
+2

--------------------
87 Buick Turbo T | 90 GT | 93 Typhoon

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wifes little brother had it.He was sick for about a week but not as bad they say.

[ October 28, 2009, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I think the company that makes the vaccine helped the hysteria. Can you imagine how much money they are making off of this so called epidemic? Just another was to help boost our economy, 1st cash for clunkers now this lol [BS flag] [Big Grin]

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by snakebit95:
Yeah I think the company that makes the vaccine helped the hysteria. Can you imagine how much money they are making off of this so called epidemic? Just another was to help boost our economy, 1st cash for clunkers now this lol [BS flag] [Big Grin]

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Our whole Helitack got it, the entire American River Hotshots got it and one engine guy on my district got it. I am going to Helitack next year so they better have whipped that heli down good!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got my coody shots so I say bring it!

Plus I been a pig since '87 so I guess you could say it's nothin' to a boss hog [Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SHOalex:
Got my coody shots so I say bring it!

Plus I been a pig since '87 so I guess you could say it's nothin' to a boss hog [Big Grin] [burnout]

hahaha [Eek!]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i work at Kaiser oakland, and if you're interested in getting the H1N1 vaccine i suggest you do that ASAP, because they are running low in supplies. As far as the dystonia, it was a regular flu shot that she got, that made her retrieve the 1 in a million dis-order but im not going to lie it scared me too. Until this day i stil haven't recieved my shots and i'm doing ok. i think just working here has got me immune to it.

--------------------
97 Cobra Convertible

Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont ever fuck with a untested vacination shot, its just another money grab scheme at the expense of your health.

the swine flu is just like any other strain of the flu, you get sick and its gone in under week, no big fukken deal. then you got the "regular" flu, which has killed thousands every year and will continue to kille thousands every year and thats with the vacinations, but everybody is scared of the swine flu even though there is only a hand full of cases of people dying from it. the only people that usally die from ANY virus is the young or elderly (weak immune systems)

[ October 29, 2009, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: 68stanger ]

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought a lot of stock in the company that makes the swine flu H1N1 vaccine earlier this year. Still waiting for it to go up. I'm down about $5k on that little investment so far. Can't figure out why.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BCINGUU:
I bought a lot of stock in the company that makes the swine flu H1N1 vaccine earlier this year. Still waiting for it to go up. I'm down about $5k on that little investment so far. Can't figure out why.

There are a number of companies that produce the vaccine so it would be hard to pick which company will profit from the vaccine over another. More importantly, the Government stockpiling of h1n1 vaccine adds very little to the bottom line of these Biotech/Pharmaceuticals companies since they make very little per unit. It would be a different story if there was a pandemic or if they where somehow exclusive and they could control the market value.

For what it's worth most that invested in the Biotech/H1N1 wave played the whole field and banked on 1-2 of the companies to make up for the difference and cash in.

90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont get it bro my pharm d at kaiser and every one i worked with in the pharmacy said that they made the drug to early not knowing all the side effects of it can turn out bad but its up to you.......

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68stanger:
dont ever fuck with a untested vacination shot, its just another money grab scheme at the expense of your health.

the swine flu is just like any other strain of the flu, you get sick and its gone in under week, no big fukken deal. then you got the "regular" flu, which has killed thousands every year and will continue to kille thousands every year and thats with the vacinations, but everybody is scared of the swine flu even though there is only a hand full of cases of people dying from it. the only people that usally die from ANY virus is the young or elderly (weak immune systems)

i agree 100%. I will never take a vaccination 3 months after they've created it. I can just imagine "I am Legend" coming true.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

90fox5.0
¯
Member # 9338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90fox5.0  Ford pictures for 90fox5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am Legend haha that shit was a good movie tho lol!

--------------------
1989 LX DROP
1997 Svt Cobra (SOLD)
2000 SS Camaro (SOLD)

Posts: 1827 | From: South sacramento | Registered: Jul 2009  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 90FOX5.0:
I am Legend haha that shit was a good movie tho lol!

i am ready for that shit son!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com