Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 4v or pushrod ? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 4v or pushrod ?
blk01snake
¯
Member # 8848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blk01snake  Ford pictures for blk01snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
iam one very indecisive individual, what do you guys think all my 01 4v needs is a tune and ctrl arms and its pretty much done besides a couple little things here and there. i want a coupe again cant decide, and 4v are so costly
Posts: 164 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
in your case, you should buy a geo storm.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
buy a 5.0 much easier to work on and more fun..although i want an 04 cobra [Wink] ..then again who doesnt?

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
buy a 5.0 much easier to work on and more fun..although i want an 04 cobra [Wink] ..then again who doesnt?

i dont.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:

i dont.
well you can fall off a roof [Razz] ..jk

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
quote:
quote:

i dont.
they got problems! would you merry a girl that has a family that all have thyroid problems????

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i dont.
they got problems! would you merry a girl that has a family that all have thyroid problems????
no..but every car has problems

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

i dont.
What the fuzz ever. You know you would rock a terminator right meow if you could Mr. Burgandy. Then everyone could call you FR4.6 and see how nice of a guy you are.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i dont.
no..but every car has problems
ya like 20 years after there build date!
think about the situation, would you rather have a 5 or 6 year old car that has problems, or a 23 to 16 year old car that has "to be expected problems".

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
quote:
quote:

i dont.
What the fuzz ever. You know you would rock a terminator right meow if you could Mr. Burgandy. Then everyone could call you FR4.6 and see how nice of a guy you are.
youre so burnt meow!

[ October 26, 2009, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: fr5.0 ]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i dont.
youre so burnt meow!
We racin when i get my motor done. Lemme know if you still need help with the move foo

--------------------

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i dont.
youre so burnt meow!
We racin when i get my motor done. Lemme know if you still need help with the move foo
i need a box truck, you know anybody?

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know a guy with a box.... and i know a guy with a truck.... i got some glue too

--------------------

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know a guy with a box.... and i know a guy with a truck.... i got some glue too
 -

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

im gunna need this one tho
 -

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Problems with termi's?

What problems? [Confused]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

I think most of the issues with termi's come from the heads and valvetrain. Valve tick on the 03 and early 04's. Uneven coolant flow to cool the heads. Dunno if the early 4 thread spark plug heads were blowing them out under boost or not. Which is why ford switched to the 8 thread plug. That's all I can think of. Of course breaking half shafts at the track

--------------------

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I think most of the issues with termi's come from the heads and valvetrain. Valve tick on the 03 and early 04's. Uneven coolant flow to cool the heads. Dunno if the early 4 thread spark plug heads were blowing them out under boost or not. Which is why ford switched to the 8 thread plug. That's all I can think of. Of course breaking half shafts at the track

The cooling issue has been addressed with a mod you can buy from what I've been researching.

Also the axles can either be upgraded or swap a solid rear if your that serious about drag racing...

I haven't seen/heard/read about any problems with the spark plugs with 03+ but for earlier cobra models I have.

And that valve train tick isn't really a problem is it? I thought it's just an annoying inconvenience...

I don't see these "issues" as something that would stop me from getting a 03-04 cobra at all.

Is that all your bothered with fr?

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blk01snake:
iam one very indecisive individual, what do you guys think all my 01 4v needs is a tune and ctrl arms and its pretty much done besides a couple little things here and there. i want a coupe again cant decide, and 4v are so costly

What did you do to your cobra?

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
quote:

The cooling issue has been addressed with a mod you can buy from what I've been researching.

Also the axles can either be upgraded or swap a solid rear if your that serious about drag racing...

I haven't seen/heard/read about any problems with the spark plugs with 03+ but for earlier cobra models I have.

And that valve train tick isn't really a problem is it? I thought it's just an annoying inconvenience...

I don't see these "issues" as something that would stop me from getting a 03-04 cobra at all.

Well that's the thing. Those are all still issues from the faactory that someone who purchased the car would have to pay to fix.

Just because u can fix a problem, doesn't mean it isn't one.

I dunno what FR is referring too as far as issues. I would still rock one all day

--------------------

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
quote:
quote:

Well that's the thing. Those are all still issues from the faactory that someone who purchased the car would have to pay to fix.

I dunno what FR is referring too as far as issues. I would still rock one all day

how are you going to spend an a$$ load of dinero on something you have to fix????
how about this, why dont you buy batteries at the .99 store?
maybe because there cheap and dont last.
why would you buy cheap $h!t for crazy prices?

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

how are you going to spend an a$$ load of dinero on something you have to fix????
how about this, why dont you buy batteries at the .99 store?
maybe because there cheap and dont last.
why would you buy cheap $h!t for crazy prices?

Lol that analogy doesn't work at all. Also you haven't stated any of the problems with the car? Cooling is the only problem that I've "heard" about. Someone I know has a cobra and hasn't done the cooling mode and it runs fine. If this will cause future problems, I don't know. But I'm not trying to sell you cobra lol if you don't want one, GOOD! [Razz] Less people looking to buy one will bring the price down eventually so my ass can afford it

[ October 27, 2009, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

the tic is a major problem to me considering the motors are quote un quote hand built.
also for the cash thae car should be 100% flawless!
the 03 04 cobra was a product of a booming economy, corners were cut to produce more!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
the tic is a major problem to me considering the motors are quote un quote hand built.
also for the cash thae car should be 100% flawless!
the 03 04 cobra was a product of a booming economy, corners were cut to produce more!!!!

You know you want one.Quit it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PaHcZUHI00

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!!!!!
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!

And yes,i want one of those "problematic" cars.

[ October 28, 2009, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Tick sucks, but i have learned to live with it. Oh well, its not like it makes my car any slower....

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com