Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » dmv question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: dmv question
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you transfer liability of a car, and the new owner never regs, any parking tickets or liability is gone correct? only educated people let me know, mother just transfered liabilty but new owner was cooko-just wondering if she has any liability after that form was sent
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you transfered liability your off the hook for paying any tickets or stuff like that. but the reg. is not fully complete till the new owner puts it in their name. you still might get tickets in the mail if the new owner doesnt do this but your not responsable.

I sold a car and put in the release of liability but the guy I sold it to never did a dam thing and i was getting his fastrack tickets was kind of a pain. later it got impounded and the tow yard was goinng after me because I last the last registered owner. just told the tow yard to fuck off and talk to DMV because I did my part when selling a car. never heard back from them

[ October 23, 2009, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: Adam5.0 ]

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
if you transfer liability of a car, and the new owner never regs, any parking tickets or liability is gone correct? only educated people let me know, mother just transfered liabilty but new owner was cooko-just wondering if she has any liability after that form was sent

If he doesn't register the car, they will send your mom the tickets but as long as you have the info of the new owner or a copy of the release of liability you will get clear of any responsibility, if you haven't submitted the release of liability just do it and keep a copy for your records.

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com