Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Consequences of street racing "nowadays"

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Consequences of street racing "nowadays"
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it sucks that this guy it's getting charge for two counts of manslaughter, but it seems to be common practice nowadays to pay for others stupidity, I not saying don't street race as I'm guilty of street racing (in the past) just like many here, but know the consequences nowadays!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/05/BARF1A1D58.DTL&tsp=1

[ October 06, 2009, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: xvt's 85 5.0 ]

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

Notch_notch
¯
Member # 8902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch_notch  Ford pictures for Notch_notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
spoiled kid 2004 BMW M3? where do you get the money from PARENT RICH I GUESS. [Eek!]

--------------------
How many fake accounts does one need? Make a fake account, get the ban. It's in the rules.

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't say I aggree with this.
I know street racing isn't cool, but the guy that was killed was RACING too!
Now if he had killed an innocent person on the road, then it would be different.
Justice system doesn't make sense.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Charged and convicted are two very different things.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love this quote, "We want to see the persons responsible brought to justice." Uhhhh, the person responsible for the crash is dead, they just want to convict someone to feel better about the whole thing. Its BS to blame someone else for the driver's lack of driving skills.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sucks but I rather be going to jail with two counts of manslaughter than be his dead friends.
aj5.0916
¯
Member # 7968

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aj5.0916  Ford pictures for aj5.0916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well my BMs cousin was convicted of it an he is in prison right now

--------------------
im all outta favors fuck you pay me! jus me an ma wife!

Posts: 426 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea I agree stupid how they convict the other driver . It's like this now let's say your speeding to wrk. Cause your late and you pass a kid in a vette and he says to him self " hell no I'm not going to let a civic pass me like that " and the kid in a vette punches it and has a female in passanger seat then the vette hits a light pole and they both die , I guess according to the law the driver in the civic is guilty dumb, and I'm sure
most of us has ran into situations like the one I just mentioned execpt the running in the pole [Mad]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
I love this quote, "We want to see the persons responsible brought to justice." Uhhhh, the person responsible for the crash is dead, they just want to convict someone to feel better about the whole thing. Its BS to blame someone else for the driver's lack of driving skills.

I agree with you. I know the younger sister of the girl that was killed and i understand the pain that they're going through but sending a kid that didn't kill her is never going to bring her back. its unfortunate and the kid should pay a lesson but the convictions and the counts he's up against isn't fair. I would hate to see a kid thats not a criminal just a kid who made a stupid mistake go to jail for a long period of time.

--------------------
03 Terminator

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[BS flag] I agree with everyone [BS flag]

--------------------
To be or not to be

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1st question...WUT FUKIN PARENT BUYS THERE KID A FUCKIN M3 OR A GOD DAMN VETTE, WUT U DIDN'T THINK THEY WAS GONNA RACE DEM? SERIOUSLY, my parents wouldn't even buy me a mustang, had to get mine wit blood sweat and sum cold hard cash. The parents should b blamin dem selves.

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree that the driver of the BMW should not have been charged with manslaughter. If the driver of the Vette were to still be alive, I can almost assure that the driver of the BMW would be over-looked in this case. Even though the M3 driver was part of this fatal race, he should not be convicted of what they are asking for. Plus, its possible that he didn't even cause the crash. He may have been racing but the Vette driver could have been the one that decided to try to take that corner at such a high speed.
Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennebellgt  Ford pictures for kennebellgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its all the imports that caused the laws to be so tuff now all these stupid kids ricing out there 4 bangers cause they all have one and they seen that fast and the furious movie and started thinking they were hot rods stupid bitches

--------------------
just trying to fight the SN-95 demons

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

Posts: 830 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2008  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
1st question...WUT FUKIN PARENT BUYS THERE KID A FUCKIN M3 OR A GOD DAMN VETTE, WUT U DIDN'T THINK THEY WAS GONNA RACE DEM? SERIOUSLY, my parents wouldn't even buy me a mustang, had to get mine wit blood sweat and sum cold hard cash. The parents should b blamin dem selves.

+1 a kids first car shouldnt be a sports car. when I have kids I'm gonna get them slowest dam thing i can find

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Justa2V
¯
Member # 3749

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Justa2V  Ford pictures for Justa2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tough price to pay but in the laws eyes I'm sure is whatever it takes to send the message out to stop street racing is to make an example, you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette. People have to realize the possibilities and consequences before making the decision to engage in any illegal act, no pity here. You can blame the parents all you want, they just want the best for their kids in any aspect especially automobiles speaking as a parent myself but once you hand the "child" the keys it's on them from that point on because they're going to do what they want.

[ October 07, 2009, 01:00 AM: Message edited by: Justa2V ]

--------------------
2014 GT500 Blk/Blk PP - On the way
2014 GT500 DIB/Blk PP
2006 Explorer XLT
2003 Lincoln Aviator
2002 Mustang GT
2000 Mustang
1998 Stg. 1 Roush

Posts: 1015 | From: The Valley | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the justice system makes no sense, unless u know how to beat it it seems.

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com