Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Original Music?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Original Music?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was listening to 94.9 this morning and they were going back through all the hits that are on the radio today and basically tracking them back to all sampled music from original/successful tracks.

I mean Drake, Black Eyed Peas, Kanye (figures)..... A lot of others. So it makes me wonder. Does anyone make original music anymore? I thought I was being a old fart because I chose not to listen to the new crap out. But the new crap aint nothing but old hits. [BS flag]

I think music is suffering terribly by half-hearted artists, sampling of music and repetition. Even R&B is getting screwed too. Now they have to curse and be thugged out.

*rant over*...lol

1990Silver5.0
¯
Member # 6210

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990Silver5.0  Ford pictures for 1990Silver5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I feel the samw way. I dont listen to the radio at all becuase all music now is whack

--------------------
1995 Impala SS
1992 GT Convert. 5.0 auto -sold-
1990 Lx Convert. 5.0(parted)
1992 Lx Hatchback 5.0-sold-:)
1990 5.0 Notchback -SOLD-:(

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bro 106 and 949 are straight wack nowa days! i hate beyonces music, drake is wack, kanye blows,
solja boy, hurricane chris is wack to,

it seem every time i turn to one of this stations, one of these songs are playin!
garbage........ [Embarrassed]
what happend to bumbin
too short
eazy e
dr. dre
snopp
luniz
e40
keak
macdre
dru down
spice one

they never play these guys anymore
but when they do i always miss it [Frown]

they need to start playin more slumpers! [patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I was listening to 94.9 this morning and they were going back through all the hits that are on the radio today and basically tracking them back to all sampled music from original/successful tracks.

I mean Drake, Black Eyed Peas, Kanye (figures)..... A lot of others. So it makes me wonder. Does anyone make original music anymore? I thought I was being a old fart because I chose not to listen to the new crap out. But the new crap aint nothing but old hits. [BS flag]

I think music is suffering terribly by half-hearted artists, sampling of music and repetition. Even R&B is getting screwed too. Now they have to curse and be thugged out.

*rant over*...lol

that why i listen to mostly rock now rap an r@b has became ajoke no one is willing to take jump an do it differnet now adays
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know what you mean.... I like making beats and stuff and I can make a cool beat without using samples.... Just give me a keyboard with drums, strings and all the other good stuff and I'll make a beat.( but not as good as. Epic can)
Kanye west uses a sample in almost everyone of his hits. Thats what all these famous producers do [Frown] I will say that there have been some good remakes of songs though

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i only listen to 104.1 or 107.7 on the radio. they need to have stations like those for bay rap. the new rap and r&b shit is garbage. when i want to listen to rap i got my cd's. that old school shit i grew up on. they only play it on the radio once in a great while and its usally only a few songs.

[ September 24, 2009, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: g-ride14 ]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nate I concur, although I listen to alot of too $hort and he sampled quite a bit as well but at least his music was and is tight

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

Sk8OnGlass
¯
Member # 6370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sk8OnGlass  Ford pictures for Sk8OnGlass    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ppl radio is for da girls and when u wanna make sum babies put that shit on.. she be dancing, to singing, to making babies all da same night. .hahaha just my 2 cent.. [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag]

--------------------
First On Race Day
FORD
yup that's my stang in da pic

Posts: 533 | From: san Jose, CA. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

*rant over*...lol

Tell me about it! I f*kn hate 94.9 and Kmel now, they always got some garbage music playing..

We need the good ol' r&b days back, not old old school r&b, something like Jaheim, Brian McKnight, Jagged Edge, Blackstreet, Keith Sweath, Ginuwine, RL, Tupac, Tyrese, Case, 112, Aaliyah, Dru hill, sisqo, usher, rkelly etc etc etc

Dont even start me on Rap lol - I listen to radio maybe once a month... Thats all..

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit, I mostly listen to 102.9 98.1 and 107.7 (I like classic rock) Alot of the new shit is garbage plus they play the same songs over and over again!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You are just now figuring this out N8??? Where have you been? Hip Hop music has been doing cover songs & has been sample based, since day 1... This is nothing new, you can even trace all the early hip hop songs from Sugar Hill Gang, Africa baambaata, Run DMC, NWA, Beastie Boys, & many others to the original samples. Hell, Rappers Delight is a cover of "Good Times" by chic.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with sampling as long as it is done right. 90% of my music is sample based, but I try my hardest to chop the samples down & make them my own, or make them unrecognizeable. I also try to sample from mostly obscure music that wouldn't even get any play nowadays anyway, so in a way, I am doing those artists a favor by making their forgotten riffs & melodies current again.

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nah I know sampling isn't new but when 90% of the music out is 100% sampled with no substance that is a problem. and when I say sampled I mean damn near riff for riff. the person you sampled was original why can't producers today do it. to me its a cop out and a injustice to fuck over a successful track with predictable/hollow bs...
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
nah I know sampling isn't new but when 90% of the music out is 100% sampled with no substance that is a problem. and when I say sampled I mean damn near riff for riff. the person you sampled was original why can't producers today do it. to me its a cop out and a injustice to fuck over a successful track with predictable/hollow bs...

I hear what your saying, but I guarantee that many of your favorite songs by Nas, Pac, & BIG are based on samples. I feel that even though I sample, I have the ability to change the sound up so much that I becomes my own original creation & you wouldn't even recognize the sample after I was through with it. This isn't the case with all my beats, because I take large riffs too that are recognizeable, but I prefer the old school 1970's grimey sound, that is part of the reason I sample...

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wasn't " planet rock" sampled from a kraftwerk song?
There has been some classic bay area songs that were sampled.... " I got five on it " was one of them

N8 I'm with you though.... I hate all these new weak ass, sugar coated rap/ R&B songs .... At least when rappers like Dubee sampled some old James Brown the shit sounded good.

--------------------
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit, I got your original shit right herrrrrrr!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VErweYHHzwg

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Pac, Nas, Ice Cube and the likes sampled and put substance with it. That is doing a track some justice. But sampling and talking about bitches, cars and BS. Is crap. I would just like to hear some originality for once.

In other news
Soldier Boy is the worse thing to happen to rap in recent memory.

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ok, I see what your saying...I agree with you N8, none of this new stuff impresses me in the least bit...

Slowback, Planet Rock was a remake of Kraftwerk's "Trans Europe Express". I got 5 on it was from Club Nouveau's "Treat me so bad"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6221XuMGFk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3-6O7btipo

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Shit, I got your original shit right herrrrrrr!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VErweYHHzwg

ahahahahah [Whoo Whooooo!] YOU DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THAT TURBO50!!!! [Big Grin] THATS THE TRUTH!

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I hear what your saying, but I guarantee that many of your favorite songs by Nas, Pac, & BIG are based on samples. I feel that even though I sample, I have the ability to change the sound up so much that I becomes my own original creation & you wouldn't even recognize the sample after I was through with it. This isn't the case with all my beats, because I take large riffs too that are recognizeable, but I prefer the old school 1970's grimey sound, that is part of the reason I sample...
shit epik, i didnt knoe you were into music like that. we should hook up. ive been making beats and putting shit our for years.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

quote:
Originally posted by g-ride14:
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

shit epik, i didnt know you were into music like that. we should hook up. ive been making beats and putting shit our for years.

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by g-ride14:
[QUOTE]shit epik, i didnt knoe you were into music like that. we should hook up. ive been making beats and putting shit our for years.

Yup, I been making beats & DJing since I was 16 back in 1994. Right on, I would be down to hook up... What kind of equipment do you use, & would I be familiar with any of your work?

Here is a quick example of some of mine, & BTW, these all have samples in them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beqdIVjvOlQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJqCa8SlCk0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyXpUIQ2hWE

This is another song I produced, but this is predominately keyboard sounds...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyUQ9XhtQ1U

[ September 25, 2009, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Here is a track of mine that has a recognizable sample, but I still think i flipped it up & added my flair to it.... If you listen & breakdown my formula, you can clearly tell that I didn't just loop it, its all chopped up...

-

Here is the original track I took it from... The parts I sampled are from the very beginning & @ 3:29, & @ 4:12 near the end....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbZRMLKozk

[ September 25, 2009, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

I was talking to a old bum looking dude on the BART today, but turns out he was a pretty accomplished musician at one time. Well we talked about the state of music today and he had a good point. The ones that are putting out good and unique music fall into 2 categories.

Those who can play instruments and compose music.

Or those that would make music for free.

And it was a quite interesting perspective. Because the ones that are putting out good and or unique music do really fall into those categories. And the ones that are flashes in the pan or just in it for the now dont. I think we have too many people making music because technology makes it available. No one seeks to study music anymore, or learn to play instruments. They just learn the technology associated with music. Sad.

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

we use pro tools and the magic program. we aslo use the keyboard,and live instruments like the bass, guitars, things like that. we have a full mixer and everything. my buddys dad use to produce for journey and when they cleared out there studio in the city, we helped and they gave must of there recording shit to us. i dont think you would have heard of anything, i havent really put shit out but we did use to perform at the kings inn in fremont. i havent been in the studio in like 2 years sense ive been in the military and my boy had his kids and moved and all that shit.

nate- thats true man, most people who make good music know how to play instruments or know how to use them. most of the garbage music is all done on the computer.

[ September 25, 2009, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: g-ride14 ]

--------------------

CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mid to late 80s and the early 90s I would go to Leopolds in Berkeley and get tapes. I still have a duffle bag full of them that I have I wrote the names and titles and downloaded the same songs on CDs. Now I can put them on a USB stick. Hundreds of songs that I still listen to. From so many I can't name them all. But once in a wile I'll hear a unique song with a unique sound that I'll add to my play list. By I aggree the repetitiveness of the same ole sound with the same ole artist will make you sick of the radio.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com