Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Just got pulled over in the cobra

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Just got pulled over in the cobra
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He asked if i knew my license plate light was out and I replied "no I didn't" and informed him that I had just bought the car a month ago. He then asked what modifications I had. I said just mufflers and intake [Wink] he told me to sit tight and he walked back and talked to the other two cops who had just pulled up (all this for no plate light). The funny thing was I could hear them chattin it up about how good my car sounded. he came back up and asked me to pop the hood. I agreed, knowing that I didn't have anything to hide.

He asked about the intake which I told him was carb legal but I had not gotten an E.O. sticker yet and he told me to get one and then asked if I ever "ran it" I asked "at the track? no not yet" and then he said "no on the street, you can say yes, I don't care" I was like "uhhhh no I'm not down with that" [Big Grin] he sounded like he didn't believe me but then just let me go on my way. overall they seemed cool, just doing their job. but that's the first time I've ever been asked to pop my hood. they're definitely crackin down on stuff more now adays.

[ September 21, 2009, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The states broke, its nice to see 3 cops on your plate light stop, good work on our tax dollars, NICE. [dance]

--------------------
Asphalt Mafia: Founder.

I felt guilty once, but she woke up half way through it.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web050516/24/index.html

Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, sux. I have been pulled over at least three times for "fix it" violations.. window tint and no front plates.

I just saw a dude in a 'stang gettin' his hood popped on the side of the freeway a few weeks ago.

I think they are crackin' down for sure on illegal mods

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good story and glad to hear you didn't get a fix-a-ticket.

I too had to open the hood on my 95GT a while back. I had TFS heads, Intake, Cam, and the 3in hood was white underneath and covered in stickers (stickers add 10hp) [Big Grin] The officer oppened my hood and was speechless. He said you got to be kidding. He was more upset that I had full slicks in the rear and just said to go home. I was polite and he was professional. Did I metion it was on Monterey Rd at 3AM...Near Baileys.

Posts: 161 | From: San Jose,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1991CHP:
The states broke, its nice to see 3 cops on your plate light stop, good work on our tax dollars, NICE. [dance]

x2 [patriot]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bigchelis:

I too had to open the hood on my 95GT a while back. I had TFS heads, Intake, Cam, and the 3in hood was white underneath and covered in stickers (stickers add 10hp) [Big Grin] The officer oppened my hood and was speechless. He said you got to be kidding. He was more upset that I had full slicks in the rear and just said to go home. I was polite and he was professional. Did I metion it was on Monterey Rd at 3AM...Near Baileys.

hahahaha. thats sick [patriot]

well I already talked to bbk and they're hopefully gonna send me a carb # sticker so i'll be ready for next time. gotta go figure out why my plate lights are not working now

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man same thing happen to me a year ago in my CHP, off brokaw & old oakland rd. I got pulled over by a commercial CHP, yeah I pulled over thinking why he had to pull me over,

he approached me asking to get out of the car, took a quick look inside and asked me if I had anything illegal, both inside & under answered him no, so he said prove it and show me your engine, I popped my hood, he just smiled & looked at me

and flashed with his flash light all the illegal mods and some I didnt had a carb legal sticker,

he was a cool older guy, he asked me where I was coming from and told him from work and about to get lunch here behind us Mcdonalds, he let me go but told me to take care of the extreme smell of fuel, loud mufflers, get my carb stickers back together and to have a good night [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What a waste of tax dollars....
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigchelis:

hahahaha. thats sick [patriot]

well I already talked to bbk and they're hopefully gonna send me a carb # sticker so i'll be ready for next time. gotta go figure out why my plate lights are not working now

i just got pulledover on sat night right after the bay bridge.same thing chp was cool after but he did mentioned to get a carb number nothing special it can even be written in a papper so next time they have something to go by.

maybe when you get that number you can share witht he board as i know many of us has bbk shorties.thanks
and good thing no fixer ticket for us..

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RODRIGUEZ:

Would it have been a waste of tax dollars if they pulled over your stolen car and you got it back in one piece?

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
quote:
Originally posted by RODRIGUEZ:

Would it have been a waste of tax dollars if they pulled over your stolen car and you got it back in one piece?
probably not...... but he didn't do that. He could have easily run the plate to see if it were stolen before pulling him over. The point was he found a weak excuse to pull someone over and proceeded to hassle him, although it seems he remained relatively cool....

These stories make me happy that my next performance car will be pre-73!

[ September 21, 2009, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: 1990GT50 ]

kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennebellgt  Ford pictures for kennebellgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got pulled over a month ago and the chp said he seen me take a right hand turn on a no turn on red light, it took him a few miles to catch up to me he says, and no i wasn't speeding at all, makes me think "where the F**k did he come from or how did he see me" anyways he walked around my car 3 times, tried to get me on everything he could, he told me to roll up my windows and everything so he gave me a ticket for no turn on red and NO WINDSHIELD WIPERS!! what a fucking did he was, he was asian so maybe if i was in a honda he would have let me go WTF! i have court tomorrow [Frown]

--------------------
just trying to fight the SN-95 demons

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

Posts: 830 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2008  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
probably not...... but he didn't do that. He could have easily run the plate to see if it were stolen before pulling him over.
Running a plate won't always tell you when a car is stolen. And people that steal cars usually take that into consideration.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
quote:
probably not...... but he didn't do that. He could have easily run the plate to see if it were stolen before pulling him over.
Running a plate won't always tell you when a car is stolen. And people that steal cars usually take that into consideration.
cold plating a vehicle is very common, or using paper dealer plates. Confirming the VIN matches the plate/vehicle info on that so called "petty violation" has lead to many recoveries.

Stolen parts and vehicles go hand in hand. Also some cars have not yet been reported stolen when running a plate, that's why further investigative efforts are beneficial.

1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
True. Not to put words in anybodys mouth but if you continue to follow that logic then you would be promoting a "stolen car checkpoint" at which cars are stopped for no reason but to see if the car is possibly stolen. The point was that the cop pulled him over for a bs reason and wasn't trying to find a stolen car.
Im not trying to start a huge argument but lets be realistic, the officer was not trying to help somebody out by pulling this guy over.

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1991CHP:

how does the first cop know you arent going to kill him? why was that oakland dude pulled over for, but ended up killing a buncha cops.

if i were a cop, id want all the backup i could get. regardless of the citation.

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1990GT50:
quote:
quote:
True. Not to put words in anybodys mouth but if you continue to follow that logic then you would be promoting a "stolen car checkpoint" at which cars are stopped for no reason but to see if the car is possibly stolen. The point was that the cop pulled him over for a bs reason and wasn't trying to find a stolen car.
Im not trying to start a huge argument but lets be realistic, the officer was not trying to help somebody out by pulling this guy over.

it's not logic, it's based on my experiences. I've never heard of or promoted a stolen vehicle check point.
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
quote:
Originally posted by 1990GT50:
quote:
quote:
Not to put words in anybodys mouth .
it's not logic, it's based on my experiences. I've never heard of or promoted a stolen vehicle check point.
Read much???
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

I don't consider it a waste of tax dollars, they were doing their job. If he would have written me up for all the BS stuff he found on the car then I would be pissed, but that is still within his duties as a police officer.

Once he saw that everything in my registration was legit and I didn't have any gross violations on my car he let me go no questions asked. which is the way i think it should be. I know this isn't always how it goes down though.

People say cops will look for any misc. reason to pull you over and waste your time but in reality that is what they are trained to look for and I'm sure more than a few stolen cars have been recovered by a cop pulling over a car for a BS reason like no plate light.

[ September 22, 2009, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com