Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » i bought the teal mustang (pics) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: i bought the teal mustang (pics)
Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I decidided to go check the car out that was on craigslist listed for 2200. Don't really like the color teal at all but hey i got the car for 1800. bone stock except for msd plug wires and coil. even still has the tri bars, stock mufflers, and air silencer. 129k miles. i think its a good deal. My friend is a painter so maybe getting painted soon.
 -

-

-

-

-

[ September 02, 2009, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Daniel50 ]

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
told ya hed take 1800,great deal
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep the color! Trust me, you CAN make it look good if you do the right things. I have the vision [Wink]

PAypal me $100 for consultation and I'll tell you what exactly you need to do to make it look good [Razz] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's not a bad deal at all. Throw some black wheels on and drop it, you should be good to go.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you know i dont hate the color. maybe because the paint is in great condition or the fact that its mine now

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's clean... I would just keep the color the way it is. With the right touches, Im sure that color can look great... But PLEASE keep the 94/95 tail lights, they scream "5.0"....

Good deal too. [patriot]

[ September 02, 2009, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SInce I'm a nice guy and am an advocate for SN95's, i'll give you my thoughts on what to do...

1. Drop it with H&R springs (about a 1.5" drop)
2. All black 18" 03 cobras or all black Saleens
3. Paint the tail light bezels black (do not change to the 96-98 style!)
4. Paint the lower rear valance of the rear bumper black
5. Smoked headlights/corner lights/foglights
6. 50% tint all around
7. Remove the front grill running pony or paint it flat black
8. Add a CDC or Mach 1 chin spoiler (keep it black!)

I guarantee that these mods will make your car bad ass and people will look at this color differently [Wink] Makes me want to get a teal sn95 now [Big Grin]

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
SInce I'm a nice guy and am an advocate for SN95's, i'll give you my thoughts on what to do...

1. Drop it with H&R springs (about a 1.5" drop)
2. All black 18" 03 cobras or all black Saleens
3. Paint the tail light bezels black (do not change to the 96-98 style!)
4. Paint the lower rear valance of the rear bumper black
5. Smoked headlights/corner lights/foglights
6. 50% tint all around
7. Remove the front grill running pony or paint it flat black
8. Add a CDC or Mach 1 chin spoiler (keep it black!)

I guarantee that these mods will make your car bad ass and people will look at this color differently [Wink] Makes me want to get a teal sn95 now [Big Grin]

You have good taste my friend... Makes me miss my old SN95's... The lower black bezel always looks better, my yellow 95 came that way...

1st mod I would do is remove the "Livermore Honda" front plate frame...

[ September 02, 2009, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

i was thinking the mustang gt black bumper insert...

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

and smoke headlights

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

quote:

1st mod I would do is remove the "Livermore Honda" front plate frame... [/QB]

already gone now haha

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
black is wack! the interior is grey so i would go with grey or chrome wheels, like fr500's or have those stock wheels chromed out. shit would look sweet slammed with either of those rims.

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by stanger50:
black is wack! the interior is grey so i would go with grey or chrome wheels, like fr500's or have those stock wheels chromed out. shit would look sweet slammed with either of those rims.

Silver FR500's would look sick IMO...

Hey, did my old 95 ever sell at that dealership? I wish I could get it back for a DD...

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
94-95 tail lights are gay. And the lenses forever look dirty. Switch to the 96-98 style

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
94-95 tail lights are gay. And the lenses forever look dirty. Switch to the 96-98 style

Your sick... I agree 96-98 lights look better, but the 94/95 have to keep the 5.0 heritage alive, & what makes you know it is a 5.0 when you see it other than the tails? Plus they are unique IMO... I felt the same way you did until i owned one, & then they grew on me...

[ September 02, 2009, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:

Your sick... I agree 96-98 lights look better, but the 94/95 have to keep the 5.0 heritage alive, & what makes you know it is a 5.0 when you see it other than the tails? Plus they are unique IMO... I felt the same way you did until i owned one, & then they grew on me...
I think the 94-95 tail lights look more aggressive that the 96-98 style. THey do look dirty when the bezels are the same color as the car, but when blacked out, they look WAAAY better. How you like my ass [Big Grin]
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think the 94-95 tail lights look more aggressive that the 96-98 style. THey do look dirty when the bezels are the same color as the car, but when blacked out, they look WAAAY better. How you like my ass [Big Grin]
 -
 -
 -

It looks better than factory. BUT I still like my style better. If they could make a clear lense I would like it

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger50:

I was thinking the same thing. I always consider my interior when doing accents. I wouldnt even touch chrome tho. Nice grey wheels. But....if you go dark tints, then maybe black wheels would be the call.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-
 -
 -

It looks better than factory. BUT I still like my style better. If they could make a clear lense I would like it
Dude...I love how your cars look so I know you have good taste in modding/accessorizing rides, but CLEAR lenses?!?!? C'mon bro, no no no [Embarrassed] [Big Grin]

--------------------

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-
 -
 -

Dude...I love how your cars look so I know you have good taste in modding/accessorizing rides, but CLEAR lenses?!?!? C'mon bro, no no no [Embarrassed] [Big Grin]
I think he means clear/red see through lenses like the stock 96-98 lenses...

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep it simple and cheap on the appearance dept unless you plan on keeping it for awhile. if i had that same car id lower it, add some anthracite wheels(black is too much contrast for that color IMO) and finish it off with a s281 wing. if u want to take it one step further, id throw on a cobra front bumper, ditch the horse and keep the rest of the badges...i would say go badgeless if u went with a cobra front bumper but the GT badges have holes behind them.

whatever u do, dont paint the car a different color unless you want to spend major bucks to do it right. color changes where the car is not totally taken apart usually dont turn out right .

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-
 -
 -

I think he means clear/red see through lenses like the stock 96-98 lenses...
Yeah I mean clear so u can see through instead of that fluted design. Otherwise that ish would look hella messican. Haha

--------------------

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the car! Looks good and the tribars are awesome. I like em a lot. Paint em black and get a chrome center cap now your rolling on cobra r's [Wink]

I like teal a lot. I seen that on craigslist but it has gray interior and if I pick up a stang it has to have black interior this time!!!

Black outlined tail lights are a must. The 94-95 horizontal lights are my preference but if you like the 96-98 go for it. Either way it wont look bad.

Btw how does it run?

[patriot]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
Congrats on the car! Looks good and the tribars are awesome. I like em a lot. Paint em black and get a chrome center cap now your rolling on cobra r's [Wink]

I like teal a lot. I seen that on craigslist but it has gray interior and if I pick up a stang it has to have black interior this time!!!

Black outlined tail lights are a must. The 94-95 horizontal lights are my preference but if you like the 96-98 go for it. Either way it wont look bad.

Btw how does it run?

[patriot]

it runs great. starts up everytime, idles smooth, doesnt overheat or anything.

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
clean car and good ass deal too, just make sure to simple green that engine bay lol

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com