Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 2 Years Ago Today (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 2 Years Ago Today
5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5LiterSpeeder  Ford pictures for 5LiterSpeeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Two years ago today(8/25/07) my friend and reason im into Mustangs passed away in a bad car accident. Brandon (SILVERLX) was a bad ass dude and is very missed by his friends and family. This has been a huge driving lesson to me, and i hope everyone here can learn from it also. Thanks Brandon for teaching everyone around you the mustang "ropes" while you were here. RIP, you'll always be remembered. [burnout]

--------------------
93'Ex 4cyl Notch TFS H/C/I 3.55s 4 wheel Cobra brakes, V2-SQ, 14 psi
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

Posts: 561 | From: Healdsburg | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP
Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its never easy to bring things up like this. I hope he is resting in peace.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIMP [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To B:

RIP Brandon!!!! we miss you a lot especially on parts runs,geysers loops, and every time we pop open a refreshing coors light! the healdsburg crew is still holding it down. thanks for helping me with my car, wish you could see how far it has come.

p.s. i know that was you who snapped my belt today and made my car overheat!!!!!

just a couple of SILVERLX's cars
 -

-

-

[ August 25, 2009, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: 89bluenotch ]

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rip to a fellow stanger

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes indeed...RiP to a fellow stranger!

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5LiterSpeeder  Ford pictures for 5LiterSpeeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hah. The car in the driveway behind the red vert reminds me of the good ol' days. It's a shame what is happening with both those cars now... but whatever

--------------------
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP... he's in a place far better then here...
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 89bluenotch:
[QB]

p.s. i know that was you who snapped my belt today and made my car overheat!!!!!

Haha luckily when i brought you some water i ended up having an extra belt in my trunk too... The tool kit you just happened to throw in your car today definetly helped also.

--------------------
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Never met him but I do remember his posts and his clean rides. RIP brandon!

edit: do you guys know what became of his cars? are they still around here?

[ August 26, 2009, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
Never met him but I do remember his posts and his clean rides. RIP brandon!

edit: do you guys know what became of his cars? are they still around here?

The Silver one is in the backyard of his ex-girlfriends house with no motor. The red vert is still around but its pretty beat now. BTW the cage was never installed, just mocked up for a quick pic.

--------------------
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i remember meeting this cat a few times. he was a very cool and informative guy. hope he is up above watching over all the cafords.com guys

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember Brandon making the drive up to Cameron Park in a Mustang to pick up some parts from a friend of mine. My friend ended up having car issues so I figured, "what the hell?", knowing Brandon from CaFords, I fired up my 94 GT, which normally doesn't get driven on the street, and drove it down to the gas station where he was supposed to meet my friend.

This was the only time I met Brandon in person and he was what I expected, a stand up guy and a true Mustang enthusiast.

I still have my last memory of Brandon. We were leaving that same gas station and I decided to follow and "go around the block". I passed Brandon and his friend at wide open throttle, not far from the freeway onramp. Brandon was driving the Mustang he traveled in and gave me a big Mustang man smile and thumbs up.

After hearing of his passing not long after this meeting I will never forget the one time I met Brandon.

This meeting was my first and last meeting with Brandon after years of talking, here on CaFords.

I believe that he was a good man. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that is missing him in our local Mustang community.

May our fellow CaFords brother, RIP.

Drew Wallace

[ August 26, 2009, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
R.I.P

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
R.I.P

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
*moment of slience*

RIP

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP
5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
I remember Brandon making the drive up to Cameron Park in a Mustang to pick up some parts from a friend of mine. My friend ended up having car issues so I figured, "what the hell?", knowing Brandon from CaFords, I fired up my 94 GT, which normally doesn't get driven on the street, and drove it down to the gas station where he was supposed to meet my friend.

This was the only time I met Brandon in person and he was what I expected, a stand up guy and a true Mustang enthusiast.

I still have my last memory of Brandon. We were leaving that same gas station and I decided to follow and "go around the block". I passed Brandon and his friend at wide open throttle, not far from the freeway onramp. Brandon was driving the Mustang he traveled in and gave me a big Mustang man smile and thumbs up.

After hearing of his passing not long after this meeting I will never forget the one time I met Brandon.

This meeting was my first and last meeting with Brandon after years of talking, here on CaFords.

I believe that he was a good man. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that is missing him in our local Mustang community.

May our fellow CaFords brother, RIP.

Drew Wallace

That was my car we brought out there. Thanks again to both of you guys for your help that day, we would have ended up dropping a full tank of gas to do an unnecessary fuel pump.
and Drew your car was very nice to see in person(especially with the 10.81 track times still posted on the window) [patriot] .
The fly by your talking about was filmed on his camera and is still around somewhere along with a few pics of your car from that day.
Also. The GT40 heads he bought from Shaun that day were on the car he passed in and he LOVED them.

[ August 26, 2009, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: 5LiterSpeeder ]

--------------------
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennebellgt  Ford pictures for kennebellgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sure is sad, and a wake up call to how dangerous our mustangs really are, especially the ones we make fast, no matter what kind of driver you are pro or newb these cars are very easy to lose control of, R.I.P he's with the mustang gods now.

--------------------
just trying to fight the SN-95 demons

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

Posts: 830 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kinda weird that 2 people that I hear about died on our anniversary (Aaliyah being the other). RIP, I met him once I believe to buy some parts off of him. Seemed like a good guy. But like was said, there is a place better than here and it sounds like he is there. [patriot]
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rip
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RIP

Dealt with him on stangparts a few times.

Decent dude.

There are those that die that you think about everyday after their death, they are the ones that made an impression.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
RIP

Dealt with him on stangparts a few times.

Decent dude.

There are those that die that you think about everyday after their death, they are the ones that made an impression.

Yeah its pretty hard. I went from working with him and commuting together to not seeing him ever again. Shitty feeling.

--------------------
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I met Brandon and some other Healdsburg people when they drove all the way to Sac to buy a transmission and a pair of TW heads I was selling. They were running late, and after a while I was wondering what was up, so I walked out to the main street and looked left, saw a bunch of fire engines/police cars.

I walked down there and sure enough, while Brandon and his friends were in an Explorer waiting to make a R turn, a car from the main road turned in front of an oncoming car, which then knocked the first car onto the hood of the Explorer. Worst luck ever. So we all walked back to my house once the paperwork was taken care of, drank some beers, and hung out for a couple hours until one of their friends came - all the way from Healdsburg - to pick them up.

Cool people, real car guy.

RIP

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com