Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » anyone taking classes at solano college?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone taking classes at solano college?
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jus registered yesterday for auto technician..anybody else takin course there?

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol no, but I'm registered and booked @ wyotech in fremont, starting on tha 14 of sept. We need to open a shop when we done, I got a 14 month corese which covers transmission rearends electrical ect, how long r ur courese?

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
Lol no, but I'm registered and booked @ wyotech in fremont, starting on tha 14 of sept. We need to open a shop when we done, I got a 14 month corese which covers transmission rearends electrical ect, how long r ur courese?

idk yet..jus applyed yesterday..lol..

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get your money back from Wyotech. A waste of time and money. You dont learn anything. Everyone that I have talked to ends up back at a junior college in the auto shop classes. Cheaper and a lot more in depth.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:
Get your money back from Wyotech. A waste of time and money. You dont learn anything. Everyone that I have talked to ends up back at a junior college in the auto shop classes. Cheaper and a lot more in depth.

+1

A friend of mine took there course and was told jobs would come to you. He works at Big-o making less than what he was making before the school. They dont ASE certify you either. He knows his shit though, but for the price of school he should be doing bigger and better things.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
stangless707
¯
Member # 9099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless707  Ford pictures for stangless707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was about to be takin some classes there but my shit got fucked up and didn't fall thru so im stuck workin for another semester but I'll be ther in the spring for shure

--------------------
Taylor
1982 GL (sold)
1990 LX hatch (traded)
1990 GT hatch (sold)
1988 DropTop LX (sold)
1990 Ex Chp (sold)

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm finishing my Masters in Mechanical Engineering at Sac State man 3 more semester to go CAN'T WAIT!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im fishin!!!! im thinking about becoming a pro!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bayarea82ford:
I was about to be takin some classes there but my shit got fucked up and didn't fall thru so im stuck workin for another semester but I'll be ther in the spring for shure

you should take an english class
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by solbrothers:
quote:

LOL no capitals or period. Nice English example.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
quote:
Originally posted by solbrothers:
quote:

LOL no capitals or period. Nice English example.
eyyyyyyyeeee braaah u kno hao i dooezz eet on da intrawebz dawg!

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

93grbrGT
¯
Member # 6655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93grbrGT  Ford pictures for 93grbrGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

+2 I have a friend that was going there and dropped it because they try to cram to much info in at once and the instructors let anything fly. They just want your money and they'll send you on your way.
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
quote:

+1

A friend of mine took there course and was told jobs would come to you. He works at Big-o making less than what he was making before the school. They dont ASE certify you either. He knows his shit though, but for the price of school he should be doing bigger and better things.

It really is all up to the individual, they move really fast so you need to be on point becuase its easy to just float along and not learn shit but if you pay attention their are MANY things to learn one of my buddies who went their got into the BMW program, that's the best thing you can do at wyotech this guy is fucking sharp he knows his shit

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I compared the campus's from solano and dvc, they don't got shit on wyotech, yes wyotech does ase certify you duh, plus benefits such as working primarly on bmw's and becoming bmw certified, bmw primarely hires graduates from wyotech. I plan on workin for a dealership, not for a mom and pop shop. Plus its very reputable renouned college, spoke with a lot of mechanics b4 I committed, all said u can take 3 years at a jc but goin to wyotech is faster straight to the point.... plus everything boils down to how bad u want to learn and how much of the info u retain. Don't get me wrong but everybody is intitled to their own opion, but its all comes down to where u stand after u graduate. I've never been a bottom of the barrel type of nigga ( excuse my hoodness) always at the top of my game. Plus if I would of listened to everybody elses opinion I would b drivin a CHEVY lol.

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're better off doing a JC or CC and getting a real education. If anyone thinks you're going to go to Wyotech/UTI/etc and walk into a job makin' $$$$$, you are sadly mistaken. Think of all the dealerships that've closed...and all the seasoned/experienced Tech's looking for jobs. You're better off getting some real education, to include any sort of mechanical "hands on" skills, and work your way into the field that way. As for the ASE side of it, you gotta take the test(s), just like everyone else...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I compared the campus's from solano and dvc, they don't got shit on wyotech, yes wyotech does ase certify you duh, plus benefits such as working primarly on bmw's and becoming bmw certified, bmw primarely hires graduates from wyotech. I plan on workin for a dealership, not for a mom and pop shop. Plus its very reputable renouned college, spoke with a lot of mechanics b4 I committed, all said u can take 3 years at a jc but goin to wyotech is faster straight to the point.... plus everything boils down to how bad u want to learn and how much of the info u retain. Don't get me wrong but everybody is intitled to their own opion, but its all comes down to where u stand after u graduate. I've never been a bottom of the barrel type of nigga ( excuse my hoodness) always at the top of my game. Plus if I would of listened to everybody elses opinion I would b drivin a CHEVY lol.

Wyotech tech doesnt ASE certify you. It is still up to you to sign up for the tests yourself. All they do is prepare you for the test like any other school. To get into the BMW program you dont have to have gone to wyotech. IF you get a job at BMW and they like you and want to keep you they send you to their school. And if your looking to get a good education and know your stuff time shouldnt matter. You cant cram on how to diagnose, disassemble and repair automatic trannys in 2 weeks like wyotech tech does. As compared to a JC your there for 4 months.
Not telling you that going to wyotech i wrong for you but I just try to tell people how to get the best possible education and have something show for it.

--------------------

Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

you have to be top in all your classes in order for them to offer you a spot in the BMW class. i went to Wyotech i dropped out after the first half. i knew most of the stuff they were teaching me and for the little things that i didnt know wasn't worth 14k. i thought that they were gona get into blowers and turbos but yea that never came lol. hopefully you benefit from it but it was nothing that i had anticipated. [patriot]
Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Trust me I kno about dealerships closing down, I used to work for cornelius for in vallejo, got shutdown on my day off.

But I kno a lil bout engines, every course is 4 weeks longs, a lil drastic for 2 weeks wouldn't u thing, also consider your classes are 4 hrs a day 5 days aweek. So I'm sure it measures out to almost 2 years in a jc or cc

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Wyotech 4 hours a day for 5 days a week for one month = 80 hours

JC 4 hours for 2 days a week for 12 weeks = 96 hours.
You get more pay a whole lot less. Ive seen people come out of wyotech who graduated and didnt even know how to put a car on a lift. Wyotech also doesnt have you deal with real customer cars like some JC's where it functions as a real shop with real customer cars.
But like anything else you only get what you put into it.

--------------------

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

In all actually I guess it comes down to the individual, I plan on workin part time for a shop while attending school, but let's all agree who ever doesn't kno how to put a car on a lift is a fukin idiot, lol.

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10

LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wyothech is cool ...I
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wyothech is cool ...I was taking the diesel program in alameda ..had to stop this semaster cus I'm going out of the country ..but there's guys there that are apprentices at cummins. ..that graduated from wyothech and cummins makes them go to alamedas program..and I know a few people that went to wyotech and regret it and now theyr stuck with a bill to pay off the classes ...and a few other that me not having formal automotive schooling other than my garage ..and I could school them ..so I would say go to a jc..just my 2 cents..
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com