Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » anixty (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: anixty
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dose anybody eles have this problem real talk!??
let me know what your secret is to get this bullshit to go away!

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wtf is anixty.do you men anxiety?

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I usually get it the day after a night of heavy drinkng and doesnt go away until the following day. If it's something that's consistant, I would go to the doctors and they would prescribe something for you.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been dealing with that shit for years, make an appointment with your dr and get the ball rolling on a treatment. They have tons of different things that will mellow you out, once that happens you'll start thinking different about things too. Some dumbass is going to jump on here and tell you to smoke weed or some shit like that but some people also confuse being dumb and lazy with being calm so don't go that route.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stress!!! Avoid pills and shit. It's just a band aid. Exercise helped me a lot. As well as changing a lot of things. Work was number one. Same profession but left an office for the street. Did not realize how stressed I was till I left that work enviroment. My Dr even said that was my problem. Sometimes it just takes life changes.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
Stress!!! Avoid pills and shit. It's just a band aid. Exercise helped me a lot. As well as changing a lot of things. Work was number one. Same profession but left an office for the street. Did not realize how stressed I was till I left that work enviroment. My Dr even said that was my problem. Sometimes it just takes life changes.

After 36 years of dealing with this shit I can say I've been through a lot of different life changes..... none helped me. Some people don't even know they have it because its been there their whole life, its normal to them. It can be treated with a very mild med that will clam you down and change the way you think about stuff. Thats why he needs to go to the dr for this stuff though, one way worked for you and the other worked for me.

--------------------

Abandon him.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
in what sort of setting do u experience the anxiety and does it trigger any sort of behavior(i.e an ocd reaction? if its real bad to the point that you cant function, you should schedule an appointment with a doc so they can properly assess it and recommend a treatment, which could be cognitive/behavioral and/or medicinal like a SSRA or beta blocker.
there is a show on a&e called obsession where they feature ppl that have anxiety disorders mainly ocd and its a trip ppl live that way...just cant see how one can be productive living life that way. the bright spot is that most that go in for treatment and are willing to seek help see a drastic improvement in quality of life.

[ August 10, 2009, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
one to many rockstar PUNCHED/vodka's [Big Grin]

no on a serious note, try to get it checked out. my mom has a case of it an if she doesnt hae her med for a few days of it taking for ever in the mail than watch out. but ya get checked. hope all goes well.
JOHN

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
I've been dealing with that shit for years, make an appointment with your dr and get the ball rolling on a treatment. They have tons of different things that will mellow you out, once that happens you'll start thinking different about things too. Some dumbass is going to jump on here and tell you to smoke weed or some shit like that but some people also confuse being dumb and lazy with being calm so don't go that route.

ummm i been to the docs. he wanted to put me on valiums and something eles. i have a friend who takes like 3 pills every 5 hours for his problem i think hes just hooked on it. shit i only get this fucked feeling on sunday nights and when i start thiknkin about crap!umm i think its just called life.

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CALIFORNIAGT:
quote:

ummm i been to the docs. he wanted to put me on valiums and something eles. i have a friend who takes like 3 pills every 5 hours for his problem i think hes just hooked on it. shit i only get this fucked feeling on sunday nights and when i start thiknkin about crap!umm i think its just called life.
Anxiety attacks have been linked to some disorders and other resulting illnesses. You should really get it checked. And if it is real bad, you can get SSI. I know a family that this seems to run in their family and it is not glamorous at all.
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Meds is not always the best and first solution. Gotta find out what triggers your anxiety and go from there.

As a kid I watched IT and I developed a phobia of clowns and I would seriously experience a shortness of breath every time I got near one. After watching Homey D Clown (the dood that hit people on the head with a sock ball and said homey don't play that) it all went away.

My girl experiences anxiety and can't sleep because of stress. She worries about all the work that needs to be done and not getting enough sleep a night before a long day to the point that she can't sleep at all. The root of all this is not the work related stress but sleep deprivation. Apparently it's been known that lack of sleep stimulates a part of the brain that is associated with depression and anxiety.

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i used to get bad anxiety attacks after finding out i had cancer and having surgery. like said above the lack of sleep and worrying about dying for me had my body really fucked up. i never went to the Dr for it because i know i can beat it. i found out for my own self that getting back to work, working on my car, just staying active and being positive is helping me kick anxiety's ASS! [patriot] good luck

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Too begin with, as you can see you're not alone. Many people have anxiety, so don't think there is something wrong with you, life can be overwhelming at times with work and family.

I have been dealing with anxiety issues since last Dec. I have never had issues like this until now, I'm 30. However, I have been reading many books regarding anixety and I have come to realize that my type of personality and the way I think about things fit many of the charactertics that people with anxiety have.

As mention above, you should really sit back and look at your life to see what things are causing you stress. It may be work, family, a relationship, a recent family death, etc. Being able to identify what is causing you this anxiety will be extremely helpful to addressing your anxiety issues and utlimately to your recovery.

Personally, I have not gone to a Dr. because I was able to determine what was causing my anxiety and started to address it. As suggested above, taking pills to handle anxiety is only a bandaid, there are many tools, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, available to help with anxiety. If you don't know these tools, then you can't really help yourself. However, if the anxiety is getting in the way of functioning in your life, than you might need medication while you learn the tools you need in order to overcome your anxiety. If you need medication, I have read that anti-depressants are better to take because they are not addicitive as other medications, benzodiazepines, that Dr's like to prescribe.

Positive thinking will greatly help with your anixety. For me that has helped alot because my when I was having anxiety epsiodes, negative reccurring thoughts were really driving me nuts because I could not stop thinking that there was something wrong with my brain or that I was going to die of a heart attack because I was overweight, which I utlimatley came to realize that my health concerns were causing me anxiety, so i started working out more, cutting junk food, no more soda, etc. The more positive reinforcement you make toward addressing your anxiety, the more you will see your anxiety subside. Also, don't fight the anixety sometimes it will make it worst. Just tell yourself that it's your bodies reaction to your anxiety and that all the sensations you're feeling are as a result of adrenaline being released into your blood stream. But don't worry just as your body released it, it will also get rid of it in manner of minutes.

Finally, I have read that sometimes anxiety is a result of vitamin decificency in vitamin B & also in magnesium. I started taking vitamin B- Complex pills and also calicum & magnesium. I must admit that I have been able to sleep alot better now than I did before my anxiety epsiodes, which actually started to make sense to me because I use to suffer from insomnia prior to the anxiety, which turns out can be caused by a magnesium deficiency.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM. Believe me, you can make it through this. [patriot]

Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Forgot to mention, below is an excellent book to read, I bought it from Amazon.com. Help yourself by educating yourself, so that you can shine light on your anxiety.

From Panic to Power: Proven Techniques to Calm Your Anxieties, Conquer Your Fears, and Put You in Control of Your Life by Lucinda Bassett

Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

thank for info bro! very useful and ill look into gettin that book [patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just smoke some weed!.... Kidding [Big Grin] maybe you should watch some DVDA it'll helps get the stres out [Big Grin] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

stress for damn sure, sometimes it subconscious. ya i been trippin out the past few weeks like havent wanting to go out, sudden panic attack like u cant breath, nausea, crazy thoughts like ur gonna die, and even when i tripped out realled hard i felt my left side of my face and back go a lil numb shit like that....went to the doc and he prescribed me .5mg of xanax and shit works like a charm!! [worship] most my symptoms virtually went away and he told 3 time a day but i been good with only 2

valium is similar but more as a sedative, xanax does the same as valium but with less sedation and more towards anxiety disorders.

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SHOalex:
Just smoke some weed!.... Kidding [Big Grin] maybe you should watch some DVDA it'll helps get the stres out [Big Grin] [Whoo Whooooo!]

that can actually make it worse or trigger it subconsciously.....i think thats what might have happen with me. i ate a bud brownie and had a bad trip about 3 months ago, been fucked up in the head since, but like i said im alot better with the xanax and hopefully eventually i'll learn to stay calm and not trip and then i will be able to cut out the xanax

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

quote:
Originally posted by SPTVENM:
quote:

that can actually make it worse or trigger it subconsciously.....i think thats what might have happen with me. i ate a bud brownie and had a bad trip about 3 months ago, been fucked up in the head since, but like i said im alot better with the xanax and hopefully eventually i'll learn to stay calm and not trip and then i will be able to cut out the xanax
THATS WHAT HAPPEND TO FRIEND! he took like 4 bong rips and like 30 mins later fucker went crazy talkin about hes gonna die and shit he stared cryin and shit brethin hella hard. went to the doc beacsue he said he feels like that al of sudden and now he take the same pills as u lol

umm pills lol well shit i popped xanax a couple of times took peracext to they work but i think its the high people are lookin for. and u can get hooked on pills very eazy. i dont wanna take pills.

the problem i think i have is that i worry about shit to much like my job bills the surroudin im in and shit fuckin sucks [Mad]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SPTVENM:
quote:

THATS WHAT HAPPEND TO FRIEND! he took like 4 bong rips and like 30 mins later fucker went crazy talkin about hes gonna die and shit he stared cryin and shit brethin hella hard. went to the doc beacsue he said he feels like that al of sudden and now he take the same pills as u lol

umm pills lol well shit i popped xanax a couple of times took peracext to they work but i think its the high people are lookin for. and u can get hooked on pills very eazy. i dont wanna take pills.

the problem i think i have is that i worry about shit to much like my job bills the surroudin im in and shit fuckin sucks [Mad]

if ur not feelin as bad as i was then u dont need pills just relax. i take the lowest dose so less chance that i will get hooked. i couldnt go on with life and now im all good driving and goin out and before i would sleep early cuz i would trip out.

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

shit relax i wish i could fuckin stress never gos away i wish the can make pill for that shit

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I know for a fact your ass isn't going to read a book.

I think a good place to start is cut back drinking or even stop. But from what you post on here, it seems you drink a lot and you might have w/drawl symptoms. So it's better to cut back slowly or you might make the anxiety worse.

[ August 12, 2009, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
quote:

I think a good place to start is cut back drinking.

lol i did cut back,
from 6 40oz to only 4 lol jp
for real i cut back aot shit right i could light weight faded but naw. im good.
i really dont understand how drinking can trigger a feeling in your body like theres something or something going to happen when everything is prefecty find?
or whenout doing something u get feeling outa no where and u have to leave? crazy shit

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
quote:

I think a good place to start is cut back drinking.

lol i did cut back,
from 6 40oz to only 4 lol jp
for real i cut back aot shit right i could light weight faded but naw. im good.
i really dont understand how drinking can trigger a feeling in your body like theres something or something going to happen when everything is prefecty find?
or whenout doing something u get feeling outa no where and u have to leave? crazy shit

The brain is an amazing thing. The problem is learning to get control of it. But sometimes the problem is really bad and even the strongest person will have problems fighting it. I would try everything possible without pills first. Pills should be last resort, imo. Look online for exercises you can practice. Or maybe a therapist could help. My friend has a problem with panic attacks and the therapist said to do certain exercises. I don't know if the same is true with anxiety but it's worth looking into before popping pills. Pills will have your ass in dialysis before you know it, then again all that drinking you do also will have you in dialysis.
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
maybe you should watch some DVDA it'll helps get the stres out [Big Grin] [Whoo Whooooo!]

I may be the only guy on here that gets that one [Big Grin]

In my personal experience I had issues sleeping because my mind would race constantly, while I was working I was always off in another place because I was trying to get other stuff figured out. It's overwhelming and once you get it under control you find out how bad it really was. I take one pill in the morning, I feel better and have more positive energy. It's not a type of thing that makes you numb to everything or veg out, I'm just able to focus on the task at hand and not get locked into 50 other things at the same time. They told me that there were a lot of different things to do and started me at the most mild treatment, it worked good so I'm sticking with that. Get to a dr and try it out, if it doesn't work for you then go on to the next thing.

--------------------

Abandon him.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com