Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Special thanks to Shaun at AED and JohnB, dyno numbers

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Special thanks to Shaun at AED and JohnB, dyno numbers
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Over the last few months, I have been gathering a bunch of parts for my little project '90 convertible. I picked the car up last November with the goal of building up a fun, fast, and tastefully done fox. When I bought it, the previous owner had already installed a Novi 1000. With full exhaust and everything else stock, the car dynoed at 315rwhp and 325rwtq.

Phase one was to build up the motor to make decent power. This is my daily driver so I wanted to make sure that every time I start it up, it will put a smile on my face. A basic HCI was in order. I decided to go with a Cobra intake with ported lowers, AFR 165 heads, and a FTI custom cam. AND to spin that little blower a tad bit faster, I opted to go with an 8" crank pulley.

When I finally got all my parts together, I contacted JohnB for his service. He did a wonderful job on the install and took his time to do everything right. Thanks again for the great work John [patriot] .

With all the new parts installed, the previous tune was no longer good. There was only one place for me to go, AED [burnout] . I got in contact with Shaun and I made my appointment. I made my 115mile trip from the Bay Area to the shop and it was worth every mile. Shaun gave me a little tour of the shop. For anyone who hasn't seen the shop, it is a top notch shop. It's VERY clean inside and well organized. The cars that were in the shop were all super sweet rides.

Before we did anything, we went over my combo and there were a couple of things that concerned him. He explained in detail what I should do in the future and gave me some useful tips. After chatting for a while, we decided to strap it down on the dyno and see what it would do with a base tune. The first pull w/o the chip was 253rwhp, something was up. Shaun checked the timing and made an adjustment. The next pull, the power jumped to 451rwhp. I was [dance] inside. To make a long story short, Shaun did a few more pulls and worked his magic to the tune of 462rwhp and 438rwtq. We only went to 6k rpm b/c of my valvesprings and my msd ignition box only had a 6k pill. This combo should ideally be able to pull to 6,500rpm. At this point, I was more than happy with the number and I know I'm pushing the stock block. Thank you again Shaun for everything. AED [worship] .

My proof:

-

[ August 09, 2009, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: stangin' ]

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pleasure meeting you & working on your car Vin.
It dialed in just the way it should have....with ease. (Good job John!)

Thank you for your buisness. We appriciate cars that are well put together. Makes it easy to make customers happy.

-Shaun

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
glad to hear....ya AED FTW [worship] [patriot]
Shaun and Drew are cool people and very patient...especially with me and my car lol sorry guys [Razz]

Never met JohnB but hope to soon maybe next grudge, i hear nuthin but good things about him

[ August 09, 2009, 06:20 AM: Message edited by: SPTVENM ]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was this the blue one that was at his house for a while? If it was its super nice bro. Great numbers!

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the #s good job tuning the car shorty [Big Grin]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Pleasure meeting you & working on your car Vin.
It dialed in just the way it should have....with ease. (Good job John!)

Thank you for your buisness. We appriciate cars that are well put together. Makes it easy to make customers happy.

-Shaun

Shaun, I'm just glad that shops like yours are around. Quality and honest shops are hard to find these days.
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

quote:
Originally posted by MikeD.:
Was this the blue one that was at his house for a while? If it was its super nice bro. Great numbers!

my convertible is actually black, but it does look like dark blue. if you're referring to the triple black vert, i appreciate the compliment. it's still a work in progress.
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great numbers from a great combo. [Smile] Can't go wrong with a tune from Shaun! [burnout]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good shit [patriot]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice numbers Vin!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

PugOwner
¯
Member # 8404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PugOwner  Ford pictures for PugOwner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you get a complimentary bowl of Lucky Charms at the end of the session?
Posts: 62 | From: Rio Linda, CA | Registered: May 2008  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

thanks guys.

lol, you guys are rough on Shaun. i need to stay on his good side in case i need to go back [Wink] .

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com