Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » anyone else buy a house lately ?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone else buy a house lately ?
blk01snake
¯
Member # 8848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blk01snake  Ford pictures for blk01snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
trying to close in escrow right now but my situation is a bit different i got a VA loan cuz i just got out the Marine Corp. Anyone else buy a home recently and have it take forever to close what can you do to speed up the process ?
Posts: 164 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can do quicker closes when you write the offer and sign the bid papers.... Lucky for you that youre even closing...
Ive lost bids now on 10 HOUSES in the last 13 weeks.

[ August 06, 2009, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: bottled95GT?? ]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just took my girl almost 4 months. and she had to pay for it [Confused]
Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blk01snake:
trying to close in escrow right now but my situation is a bit different i got a VA loan cuz i just got out the Marine Corp. Anyone else buy a home recently and have it take forever to close what can you do to speed up the process ?

Semper Fi Brother. VA loans always seem to take a long time. VA always wants a lot of crap. When I bought my 1st house I didn't use the VA loan. When my wife bought her 1st home she used the VA (she was prior NAVY). It took forever. Im on my 3rd house and still have not gone through the VA because I have never needed to use it. Hang in there, it will get done.

USMC 1990-1994, 0331

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buddy of mine had a 30 day escrow which is now approaching 45 days. Said it was simply a banking backlog

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
White95GT
¯
Member # 1915

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White95GT  Ford pictures for White95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Finally bought a house in the Mountain House part of Tracy after being outbid on a bunch of places for that past few months. Will be moving in in a few weeks...feels good to finally be done with the search.
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
brosef and i paid cash for ours
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got mine a year ago today actually, it was a long process of bidding and being out bid and actually in escrow on one but the buyer backed out 5 days before closing ( thank god ) and then we finaly got the place were in now. its a pain in the ass but worth it.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com