Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Rolling the fenders...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Rolling the fenders...
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone know of someone that does a good jop on rolling the fenders? Id like to see some pics of rolled fenders too if possible. Thank you.

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you figure it out I need my quarter panels rolled also

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the tools and the experience. But, it would be a drive for you guys. [burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black88GT:
Anyone know of someone that does a good jop on rolling the fenders? Id like to see some pics of rolled fenders too if possible. Thank you.

happygmore on here does a good job. has done many cars already......but either way its gonna be a drive, comin to san jose from alameda or goin to Drew at AED up to u.

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drew (Yellow94GT) rolled the rear fenders on my 91 & they came out great....

-

-

[ August 05, 2009, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yellow 94gt were you located.

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

dTb
¯
Member # 6939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dTb  Ford pictures for dTb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
he's in cameron park...bout 45 mins to an hour east of sacramento

--------------------
dTb

Posts: 568 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

how much will he charge for just the rear quarters of my 93 fox

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

epik how much did you spend on your quarters to get it done

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

i_am_handles
¯
Member # 6344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i_am_handles  Ford pictures for i_am_handles    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
take a big barrel bat and put it beetween ur tire and fender and jus roll the bat while ur car rolls forward.. it turns out good

--------------------
chevy driver but ill drive a coupe

Posts: 128 | From: middle of a intersection | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
Drew (Yellow94GT) rolled the rear fenders on my 91 & they came out great....

-

-

Does the tire still hit the fender? It looks like it would.

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LX306hatch:
epik how much did you spend on your quarters to get it done

Can't remember, but I think it was around $200-$250?

quote:
Does the tire still hit the fender? It looks like it would.

Im not too sure if the tire still hits the fender, but if it does, it doesn't cut the tire up like it did before... I am still running the same 275/40/17 tires, but they are on 17X10" wheels now...Haven't had any issues thus far...

-
 -

[ August 06, 2009, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if u dont want to spend the cash at a shop your best bet is to rent the tool for about $50 and do it yourself. the key is to not apply too much pressure, heat the paint real good and go slow. there is a member on here from san jose that also rolls..his name has "happy" in it i believe.
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Were would I rent the tool any ideas I'm in sacramento

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Saleenssc14
¯
Member # 7791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleenssc14  Ford pictures for Saleenssc14    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I rent the tool $40 a day with $ 200 deposit and u get it back once u eturn the tool I

--------------------
Carlos Munoz

Posts: 1156 | From: Union City | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
Saleenssc14
¯
Member # 7791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleenssc14  Ford pictures for Saleenssc14    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I rent the tool $40 a day with $ 200 deposit and u get it back once u erturn the tool I

--------------------
Carlos Munoz

Posts: 1156 | From: Union City | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

quote:
Originally posted by Saleenssc14:
I rent the tool $40 a day with $ 200 deposit and u get it back once u erturn the tool I

Will you show me how to do it? Can you fuck anything up by doing it wrong? the car is going in for paint shortly, so I need to do this first.Thanks.

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the pics Epic.

I have rolled the quarters on a variety of different vehicals and fox body Mustangs have been the most difficult to get right due to the way the quarter is constructed. It is very easy to make waves in the outside edge of the wheel well on a fox. Which on a car that is going in for paint isn't such a big deal, but on a car that alreay had nice paint it could be a major issue.

--------------------
AED

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Drew, how long does it take you to do it? and what do you charge?

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Drew, how long does it take you to do it? and what do you charge?

It takes a few hours to do a fox body and I charge $200

--------------------
AED

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does it it just roll the top or does it roll them all the way around? I need to get my 91 done in a little while.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Drew (Yellow94GT) rolled the fenders on my 03 Cobra and did a great job. My car went to AED with only 3,000 miles for a make over. It was a bit more trouble getting my car over to Sac, but well worth the effort. My fenders (and everything else) came out 100% perfect... If you want the best look no further!
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
I have the tools and the experience. But, it would be a drive for you guys. [burnout]

Drew rolled my fenders when my car was up there and they came out clean!
[patriot]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So you mean you guys dont roll your fenders with a sawzall and a mallet [Confused]

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SHOalex:
So you mean you guys dont roll your fenders with a sawzall and a mallet [Confused]

lmao

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com