Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » how dooes x box live know you have a mod ? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: how dooes x box live know you have a mod ?
blk01snake
¯
Member # 8848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blk01snake  Ford pictures for blk01snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how do they find out if you have a mod to ban your gamer tag and x box from playing on live and also how would they ban your system when it would be your ip adress wouldnt so you would just have to change internet provider
Posts: 164 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
87 White T
¯
Member # 9098

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 White T  Ford pictures for 87 White T  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they base it pretty much on ur rep, ppl cud report you for stupid things an thats how they find out, keep a decent rep an you'll be fine. wuts ur gamer tag?

--------------------
Yellow/Black S197 (Sold)
White 87 T-Top

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they ban the hardware identifier key of the xbox, changing your IP address or ISP won't do anything, the MAC address is what's banned.

When you sign in to xbox live, if you set off a flag in their monitoring system they can scan your xbox. Some of these may be playing an unreleased game, cheating that gets reported, etc.

my friend had a modded 360 for about 3 years, was banned from xbox live last month.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sunkist510 <----- u cant see me [Big Grin]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

87 White T
¯
Member # 9098

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 White T  Ford pictures for 87 White T  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i stay on COD all day, skinlessg money

--------------------
Yellow/Black S197 (Sold)
White 87 T-Top

AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i heard all you really have to do is not play fake games before theyre released.. or if you decide to play a fake game before the release date you have to unplug yourself from the network, so it doesnt scan your system.

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like blind said his friend had one for three years and just last month they banned him. It will work but there's no telling for how long [Wink]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just make sure you are up to date with the flashes and have a stealth copy and you will be fine.
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
theres a dude in sac that mods them to play burned games and its undectectable....

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RED@7kVERT *8850GT*:
theres a dude in sac that mods them to play burned games and its undectectable....

Only way it would be "undetectable" is if he never plays online. Everyone I know eventually gets caught. One dude I know is like the God-father of doing this. He is so good at this type of thing companies hire him to break their stuff. And he says for any hack it is only a matter of time until you get caught no matter the hack.
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK say you get caught nad are banned what if you buy a new xbox swap out all the guts and return the modded hardware with the new casing to the store would you be able rejoin xbox live?

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SHOalex:
OK say you get caught nad are banned what if you buy a new xbox swap out all the guts and return the modded hardware with the new casing to the store would you be able rejoin xbox live?

Nope your profile gets banned. But you could make a new profile and stuff on your new box but you lose everything associated with your profile. I dont wanna mess around, because My Zune, Live account, and 360 and my media center is all somehow linked. Which now I think about it is scary. But everything I have is on line and linked to my Live account. So for me to get banned is not worth it.
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Only way it would be "undetectable" is if he never plays online. Everyone I know eventually gets caught. One dude I know is like the God-father of doing this. He is so good at this type of thing companies hire him to break their stuff. And he says for any hack it is only a matter of time until you get caught no matter the hack.
online safe sir. COD, MK vs DC, Battlefield all day. burned. ill have ppl chime in...

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

online safe sir. COD, MK vs DC, Battlefield all day. burned. ill have ppl chime in...
Safe and just not got caught yet is different. If you modify that hardware in anyway, they will eventually know and catch on. Like was said, I know people that have been on for 3 years or so. But got caught recently. lost all that stuff now.
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

just not caught yet, enjoy your fun while it lasts.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when you get banned its not the gamertag its the xbox.ive been playing burned games for a long ass time with no issues yeah i know it could still happen but thats a risk im willing to take considering i get games for free(well not free i gotta pay for the dvd-dl's) and at 60$ a game for new and you can box swap the guts.its well worth it.

i have close to 100 burned games(@60 a game=6000$) now so even if i did have to go buy another box and not do the box swap id be okay with it.

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by gtowned.:
when you get banned its not the gamertag its the xbox.ive been playing burned games for a long ass time with no issues yeah i know it could still happen but thats a risk im willing to take considering i get games for free(well not free i gotta pay for the dvd-dl's) and at 60$ a game for new and you can box swap the guts.its well worth it.

i have close to 100 burned games(@60 a game=6000$) now so even if i did have to go buy another box and not do the box swap id be okay with it.

You can get your XBOX live account blacklisted.
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
99% of the people who get caught are due to either playing game to early,burning it wrong or the copy they got ahold of wasnt a copy with a retail key on it(when developers give games to testers,gamer magazines,etc.those games dont have whats called a retail dvd key.if someone leaks that game without the key whenever anyone is playing the game and microsoft runs disc check they can tell if its not whats considered a retail copy).

basically if you buy games from a reputable burner or download a legit copy if youre doing it yourself.and burn it correctly.dont play games early online.and try not to have anything offensive in your gamer profile for others to see.and dont give other gamers a reason to report your ass to microsoft.you will be a needle in a haystack.

--------------------

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

You can get your XBOX live account blacklisted.
ive had 2 buddies get banned for playing burned games still on original xbl accounts.they just went and got new xbox's

not saying it wont happen but i know for sure you wont definitely get your gt banned.maybe something else was also going on.

if thats the case to anyone who is worried about getting gt banned then just pay month to month.so youre not out 50$ if it does happen.

--------------------

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Safe and just not got caught yet is different. If you modify that hardware in anyway, they will eventually know and catch on. Like was said, I know people that have been on for 3 years or so. But got caught recently. lost all that stuff now.
im wondering if all your boys are updating the firmware because i find it very strange that all of the sudden a bunch of your boys get popped.my box is on almost 24/7 i would think if anyone would catch a banhammer it would be me considering im always online.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

im wondering if all your boys are updating the firmware because i find it very strange that all of the sudden a bunch of your boys get popped.my box is on almost 24/7 i would think if anyone would catch a banhammer it would be me considering im always online.
Well there are variables involved like if I am on a borrow xbox 360 using my account that happens modded. But obvioulsy microsoft has some way of marrying a modded xbox to a xbox live account. Plus in the sdk for game developers there are code level preventions of this. Some are more sophisticated than others. how do I know? I used to be a game developer, so I went to all the MS workshops back in the day. Like I said if you are on a modded box it is only a matter of when not if you get caught. But playing free games does sound tasty. but the way I have all my stuff linked I just do not wanna play around with it.
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

so start up a second account for playing burned games.shit the first game you pay will save you more money than a 1yr subscription costs.

oh btw were running 3 modded xbox's in the same house i would think that might draw more heat than a normal user.

i was paranoid when i got my first box modded but those fears quickly went away as time went on.

--------------------

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
so start up a second account for playing burned games.shit the first game you pay will save you more money than a 1yr subscription costs.

oh btw were running 3 modded xbox's in the same house i would think that might draw more heat than a normal user.

i was paranoid when i got my first box modded but those fears quickly went away as time went on.

Do you play online all the time?

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
...i was paranoid when i got my first box modded but those fears quickly went away as time went on.

No doubt. my homie was the same until one day he called me and rattled off the most cuss words I have every heard in one sentence.
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

quote:
Originally posted by 427 StRoKeR 94 GT:
quote:

Do you play online all the time?
the only time i play offline is when its games that arent out yet.otherwise thats all i do is play online

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com