Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » cams for 01 cobra

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: cams for 01 cobra
blk01snake
¯
Member # 8848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blk01snake  Ford pictures for blk01snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone know a shop besides AED not that i have anything against shaun, that does cams for 4v at a decent rate i just dont want to drive to shingle springs to get my car worked on iam in sac
Posts: 164 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a question as well. is there a shop that can DEGREE my CAMS and for how much?
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blk01snake:
anyone know a shop besides AED not that i have anything against shaun, that does cams for 4v at a decent rate i just dont want to drive to shingle springs to get my car worked on iam in sac

well if you dont wanna spend 30 mins driving to shingle springs you can spend 2 hrs driving to the bay.aed is closest to sac

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gtowned.:
quote:

well if you dont wanna spend 30 mins driving to shingle springs you can spend 2 hrs driving to the bay.aed is closest to sac
+1 thats a pretty convenient drive compared to where most people come from to go there..

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I agree with the other posts, you are very lucky to be so close to AED... I put all my cars on flatbeds from the bay area so Shaun and Drew can work on them. When I move away from California, I will ship my cars from where ever I live (even if it's across the country) for them to do major work. Long story short, you are extremely close to AED- CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY AND DON'T CUT CORNERS.
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 68gtscode:
quote:

I agree with the other posts, you are very lucky to be so close to AED... I put all my cars on flatbeds from the bay area so Shaun and Drew can work on them. When I move away from California, I will ship my cars from where ever I live (even if it's across the country) for them to do major work. Long story short, you are extremely close to AED- CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY AND DON'T CUT CORNERS.
+1

shit i just drove to AED today from san jose to drop my car off.....long drive but well worth it! Shaun and Drew are cool peeps and they know their stuff real good [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if i'm reading between the lines correctly, the OP is looking for a lower rate shop than can do decent work.
LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
if i'm reading between the lines correctly, the OP is looking for a lower rate shop than can do decent work.

thats what i was thinking

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':

good luck with that

[ July 28, 2009, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: SPTVENM ]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slow96cobra:
i have a question as well. is there a shop that can DEGREE my CAMS and for how much?

how an the hell would you degree your cams with them over the pistion
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:

[ July 28, 2009, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: slow96cobra ]

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

do you understand how to degree a cam
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i hear is hella hard and the engine has to be apart plus i have 4 cams. i think im losing power there.
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

i hear is hella hard and the engine has to be apart plus i have 4 cams. i think im losing power there.
you should google how to degree a cam b/c i don't think there any way you could degree a overhead cam motor
blk01snake
¯
Member # 8848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blk01snake  Ford pictures for blk01snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wasnt asking if there was a cheaper shop i know you get what you pay for but was just curious some people on here seems like they ride shaun and drews nuts they do good work but are not the only good ones in the buisness
Posts: 164 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i wasnt asking if there was a cheaper shop i know you get what you pay for but was just curious some people on here seems like they ride shaun and drews nuts they do good work but are not the only good ones in the buisness

There is a reason for this. I agree AED is not the only good shop, but they are one of the best in the country and happen to be in your back yard, literally. If you want to take your money elsewhere, your choice... I work too hard for mine to risk throwing it away.

[ July 28, 2009, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: 68gtscode ]

LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

http://www.carcraft.com/howto/116_0701_how_to_degree_a_camshaft/index.html
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:

do you see were the cam is at on that engine it's in the block not in the heads like your engine do you understand that if your cams are not perfect line up the valves will hit the pistion.so please buy so books go to school do anything but work on cars please
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's dificult. I've done it. Took a few special tools (had to make them at the time) and a LOT of time. Not worth the effort IMO unless you do it yourself. Why pay a shop $100/hr for nearly a days worth of labor to degree in stock stuff.

But yes, there are *possible* gains to be had. Each of the 7 timing gears have roughly 4 degrees of play.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

quote:
quote:

do you see were the cam is at on that engine it's in the block not in the heads like your engine do you understand that if your cams are not perfect line up the valves will hit the pistion.so please buy so books go to school do anything but work on cars please
no i dont work on cars i have a better job that pays better. so dont worry

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com