Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bad business with 2fstfru (Loel) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bad business with 2fstfru (Loel)
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
back in october of last year i bought some rockers off this dude and figured it was all good....in early-mid April of this year i took my car in to get these installed ( i wont say the name of the shop, but please feel free to chime in [patriot] ) and they tell me that the rockers were pretty much no good.....a few of them were rough on the rollers, all of the rockers were scuffed at the bottom from some kinda of rubbing, the bolts were stripped, and one of the pedestals was different

i sent 2fstfru a pm later in April tellin him about the rockers, pm was read and never replied. i decided to say oh well and not post about and just bought a new set and lose out on the $150 that i spent on his bunk ass rockers. Im posting now because i hooked my boy up with these rockers so he can send them out to scorpion performance since they have lifetime warranty and they call him and tell him turns out the rockers are not real scorpion and were just stamped with the logo.

[ July 27, 2009, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: SPTVENM ]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn homie. At least we know now 2 be careful when doing deals with said member. I guess 150 isn't too bad but its still your hard earned money

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not trying to give the seller an out, but sounds like some of the damage you could have inspected for before buying. And someone would have to bend over backwards to go get a brand stamped on part just to fool someone into paying 150 for them. Maybe he got duped into buying them in the first place as well?
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Not trying to give the seller an out, but sounds like some of the damage you could have inspected for before buying. And someone would have to bend over backwards to go get a brand stamped on part just to fool someone into paying 150 for them. Maybe he got duped into buying them in the first place as well?

im not a mechanic so i wouldnt know what to look for in the first place. i trusted that all would be coo since he had me go to his house and everything. maybe he did buy them like that but he didnt have to go out and sell a fake and/or messed up part further on

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the roller tips weren't on point and if the bottoms were scuffed up and the pedestals weren't all the same ..you don't need to be a mechanic to notice that..not sayin that him getting over is fine ..but a deal was 50 50 ...the bitchassness in his part and the lack of attention on your part .should have inspected them a little better..right on for letting us know to be careful when dealing wit this dude..
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The first thing that stands out to me is that you didn't install them for almost 6 months, he honestly may think you ran them or something. A lot of people think because something was on their car running fine that the part is in good condition, its happened to me when I know what to look for and inspected it myself. I'm sure you don't think he stamped them Scorpion himself, this is a huge problem with the internet and companies copying other peoples stuff. The best thing you can do is inspect or take someone with you that can inspect something before the money exchanges hands.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you were in the wrong just should have had someone check them out before actually paying. I got ripped on a motor last year because I thought the seller was a good guy but I didn't check the motor out first so what can I do. I honestly think he thought it was what it was advertised.

[ July 27, 2009, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

I agree, a lot of work to stamp a brand on a part. Sounds like company just doesn't want to stand behind their parts warranty.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91silverbullet:
If the roller tips weren't on point and if the bottoms were scuffed up and the pedestals weren't all the same ..you don't need to be a mechanic to notice that..not sayin that him getting over is fine ..but a deal was 50 50 ...the bitchassness in his part and the lack of attention on your part .should have inspected them a little better..right on for letting us know to be careful when dealing wit this dude..

LOLZ....... bitchassness......... gotta love Diddy.

--------------------

LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
The first thing that stands out to me is that you didn't install them for almost 6 months, he honestly may think you ran them or something. A lot of people think because something was on their car running fine that the part is in good condition, its happened to me when I know what to look for and inspected it myself. I'm sure you don't think he stamped them Scorpion himself, this is a huge problem with the internet and companies copying other peoples stuff. The best thing you can do is inspect or take someone with you that can inspect something before the money exchanges hands.

Couldn't have been put any better...+1
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1.) Inspect the used parts you buy. If you play the "I'm not a mechanic card" then chaulk it up as a valuable experience. Now you know what to look for next time you buy. Also, the previous owner may have bought them and sold them without ever using them or knowing that they were bad.

2.) 1 year is probably too long to start complaining about a used part. If someone bought something from me, and then complained about it a year later, I would probably tell them to shove it. A lot can happen in a year and I have no visibility of where those parts are or what they are used for.

3.) I have not heard of any Scorpion knock-offs. Maybe they exist, or maybe Scorpion is not being honest about their faulty parts. I'd ask them for evidence of your rockers being counterfeit.

4.) Always protect yourself. You have to take responsibility for yourself. Inspect parts thoroughly, meet people in well lit areas, etc. These are used parts. If you don't want to have to do this, or don't have the experience, grab some lemonade and watch the game from the porch (in other words, call Summit and dish out the coin)

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Overall I would not say this is a reasonable put on blast post about the seller. There are a couple of things as pointed out by Luke that kinda showed negligence and a bit of naive-ness on your part.
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
1.)
If you don't want to have to do this, or don't have the experience, grab some lemonade and watch the game from the porch (in other words, call Summit and dish out the coin)

LMAO!!!!!! Nice one..
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Albeit SPTVNM may not have thuroughly inspected the parts I still like to think I can trust buying parts from people on the boards. Personally when it comes to anything internal or is high stress item I'm probably gonna buy new or have the parts inspected first. But it does raise some questions as to whether or not the seller really knows the items he is pushing. If someone on here selling parts as good and even they don't know the condition of them then thats a problem I wanna know about. If anything its a good buyer beware post since I doubt anyone else who read this will be buying used parts from the mentioned seller without properly inspecting them first.

But yeah it would take a hell of a lot of effort to stamp the scorpion logo on some rockers. Looks like the company might be BS'n you on that one. Then again they could have been knock offs to begin with.

--------------------

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Albeit SPTVNM may not have thuroughly inspected the parts I still like to think I can trust buying parts from people on the boards. Personally when it comes to anything internal or is high stress item I'm probably gonna buy new or have the parts inspected first. But it does raise some questions as to whether or not the seller really knows the items he is pushing. If someone on here selling parts as good and even they don't know the condition of them then thats a problem I wanna know about. If anything its a good buyer beware post since I doubt anyone else who read this will be buying used parts from the mentioned seller without properly inspecting them first.

But yeah it would take a hell of a lot of effort to stamp the scorpion logo on some rockers. Looks like the company might be BS'n you on that one. Then again they could have been knock offs to begin with.

Knockoff items are huge business be it sunglasses, clothes, purses, watches or car parts. Shady companies make big money off of another companies good name by copying their product. My ex was into purses and if a company can spend $10 to make a copy of a $350 purse and sell it for $100 they'll do it. There are tons of H beam rods, aluminum heads, gear drives and rockers being made by no name companies. Look at Specialty Products intakes and throttle bodies, a copy of Edelbrock parts. They didn't pay to research or develop these parts, just too an Edelbrock part and used their proven design. No doubt these rockers were passed off to the prior owner as the real thing.... the OP didn't know they weren't real so why should the prior owner?

--------------------

Abandon him.

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Another thing, I've seen parts that were useable but a shop passed on installing them based on the fact it could be somewhat blamed on them if something happened by them installing it. They don't want to have a 30 page thread on the internet blasting them for being a shitty shop just because they installed a questionable part. It only makes sense that they would do that, chances are you could throw these rockers on and run them without an issue.

--------------------

Abandon him.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I personally dealt with this guy like 3-4 times. He has been a stand up dude to me every time. He has a lot of character as well and you can tell who's shady and not; this guy is not. You should give it another try to communicate with him to straighten this out IMO.
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Another thing, I've seen parts that were useable but a shop passed on installing them based on the fact it could be somewhat blamed on them if something happened by them installing it. They don't want to have a 30 page thread on the internet blasting them for being a shitty shop just because they installed a questionable part. It only makes sense that they would do that, chances are you could throw these rockers on and run them without an issue.

I think luke and jeff hit the nail on the head [patriot]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
1.) Inspect the used parts you buy. If you play the "I'm not a mechanic card" then chaulk it up as a valuable experience. Now you know what to look for next time you buy. Also, the previous owner may have bought them and sold them without ever using them or knowing that they were bad.

2.) 1 year is probably too long to start complaining about a used part. If someone bought something from me, and then complained about it a year later, I would probably tell them to shove it. A lot can happen in a year and I have no visibility of where those parts are or what they are used for.

3.) I have not heard of any Scorpion knock-offs. Maybe they exist, or maybe Scorpion is not being honest about their faulty parts. I'd ask them for evidence of your rockers being counterfeit.

4.) Always protect yourself. You have to take responsibility for yourself. Inspect parts thoroughly, meet people in well lit areas, etc. These are used parts. If you don't want to have to do this, or don't have the experience, grab some lemonade and watch the game from the porch (in other words, call Summit and dish out the coin)

I think luke and jeff hit the nail on the head

[ July 27, 2009, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
2fstfru
¯
Member # 453

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2fstfru  Ford pictures for 2fstfru    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WoW this went deep! Ok Willie as I told you these parts were not mine. I was selling these rr for a friend of mine that happen to buy them from a CA ford member. He never used them as well untill he gave up and wanted to sell his parts. I am just the middle man. Why take so long to install them??? I'd give you the benefit of the doubt if you came at me with in 3 months of sale.
As for the stamped logo I was not aware of and I don't know some one could take the time to stamp them to make a quick buck! lol

You sent me only one PM stating "they were bad"and that was it!! You never mention how you wanted to handle the situation. You let it go like you mentioned above. 6 months with having them where ever and now 10 months after hitting me up with this bull shit!, I can't take your word for them.

--------------------
SPEED KILLS!....Drive a Chevy live FOREVER!

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FYI...

I called Scorpion last month telling them I was missing 2 pedestals for my rockers..

they sent me FREE pedestals and bolts for my rockers which I did not even purchase from them...

so for me, their service has been 100% on...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We are the shop that would not install these rockers. Asskickn88 hit the nail on the head. Too much of a libaility.

The rockers came in a platic grocery bag tied in a knot. Dirty as hell. A few roller tips were very notcy with dirt. A thurough cleaning loosened them up & it probably would not have been an issue.

A few of the rocker trunions were gummed up with dirt as well. A thurough cleaning with oil cleaned up all but one. That last trunion was toast. Needed to be replaced, it would have overheated and failed if run for any length of time.

Rocker pedistals were a mis-match of stock & aftermarket, Some actually contacted the rocker bodies and left gouges. 4 or 5 were not the same height as the rest (short) & would have needed to be shimmed to the correct height. One was too tall & could not be used at all. (IMO)

The rockers were not stamped with the normal Scorpian Laser etching, these scorpians were cast into the bodies. Since Scorpian rockers are not cast rockers, it was clear to me they were either knock-offs, or very old Scorpian rockers. I can not be sure since I don't know all the variations of rocker arms Scorpian has produced over the years. Either way, they matched no rocker I found on scorpians website and I refused to install them for liability issues.

I would expect the one rocker to fail after a few high RPM runs. The others were probably usable, but why take the chance. It was obvious they were installed wrong at one time & saw more than they're fair share of abuse.

Long story short:
We were given 15 marginal rockers which needed parts in order to be installed correctly, and 1 rocker arm in need of a rebuild.

[ July 27, 2009, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2fstfru:
WoW this went deep! Ok Willie as I told you these parts were not mine. I was selling these rr for a friend of mine that happen to buy them from a CA ford member. He never used them as well untill he gave up and wanted to sell his parts. I am just the middle man. Why take so long to install them??? I'd give you the benefit of the doubt if you came at me with in 3 months of sale.
As for the stamped logo I was not aware of and I don't know some one could take the time to stamp them to make a quick buck! lol

You sent me only one PM stating "they were bad"and that was it!! You never mention how you wanted to handle the situation. You let it go like you mentioned above. 6 months with having them where ever and now 10 months after hitting me up with this bull shit!, I can't take your word for them.

its been a while so i forgot exactly what u told me about whos they were or who used them or whatnot, regardless i did purchase these from u. reason i barely post now about the situation is because im not made of money so i was slowly gathering parts aswell as money to have them installed by Shaun at AED. Shaun more than anyone knows this is true as i was talkin to him through out the months on what i wanted to do and how i didnt have money at the time.....so finally April comes, that is when my birthday is, and i gather enough money and all the parts and i go to AED and this is when Shaun tells me about the rockers and i send u the pm. Being that i needed my car done since it was sitting at his shop i go ahead and order a new set and worry about the messed up rockers later. finally i give them to my boy a week or so ago and he sends them to scropion and then he gives me the news today. I had let it go, but since my boy told me that scorpion said they were fakes and that they wanted to know where he got them from in order for them to send him a new set, i felt i had to post up.

SO......that is why i took so long. if u have anymore questions for me feel free to ask [Wink]

[ July 28, 2009, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: SPTVENM ]

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SPTVENM:
SO......that is why i took so long. if u have anymore questions for me feel free to ask [Wink]

i got one! why in the f#$k are you buying used parts if,
1) you cant even decipher if there in good shape or not.
2) you cant put the parts on your self nor could you ever.
you have no business with a hot rod if it took you a year to find out that you bought someones junk!
personaly i think you deserved to get swindled!
this is a bullshit post, how are you gunna try and put someone on blast for your own mistake! [BS flag]
i guess i shouldnt have put it past you, you were the lame on svtp tryna play captain save a hoe for your ole but buddy SSSSIKH!
 -

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:

you have no business with a hot rod if it took you a year to find out that you bought someones junk!
this is a bullshit post, how are you gunna try and put someone on blast for your own mistake! [BS flag]
i guess i shouldnt have put it past you, you were the lame on svtp tryna play captain save a hoe for your ole but buddy SSSSIKH!

im sorry i dont remember anyone askin for ur opinion [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:

im sorry i dont remember anyone askin for ur opinion [Roll Eyes]
dont post on the general talk then you tard! if you were a man you would have just went back to his house, but instead you post on cafords looking for everyones opinions! so ya you did ask for my opinion you ra-tard! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com