Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Working Out While Sick (Flu/Fever) - Sweat It Out? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Working Out While Sick (Flu/Fever) - Sweat It Out?
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I messed around and caught a cold, just warm body/coughing ever since Monday.

Monday, it was more mild, coughing, sneezing, warm body and headaches but i kept hitting up the gym in the basement. ( i didnt want to hit up 24hrs since it can be contagious).

So my question is, i spoke to a few friends and even some doctors and im hearing different advices.

Some are telling me to sweat the flu out by working out.

Some are telling me to stay away from working out as it will raise your body temp more higher and it is a breeding ground for warmer body temp (fever).

Im confused here, i think working out should help alot, especially sweating out the flu/cold and drinking lots of fluids.

What do you guys think? I know Cafords got some doctors on duty!

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i always sweat em out, but you gotta be careful bro with the swine flu and all. have you been checked yet? if not dont forget your painters mask when you go to the doc lol.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
swine flu

Maaaaan that is what i didnt want to hear!!!! Im scared as hell to goto the doctors lol Last thing i want to hear is "you got the swine flu" lol

Its getting better as of today, no headaches, no coughing just a very high body temp and sore throat..

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not a doctor but one of my older brothers is, and working out is a significant part of both our lifestyles. I wouldn't recommend strenuous workouts while you're really sick... this degrades your body's immune system causing you to be more susceptible to sickness. I will commonly workout through a cold (although I take it easy), but take time off altogether if I start feeling really bad. During this time, I sleep and eat as much as possible (including vitamins) to assist my body fight the sickness. My two cents, good luck.

[ July 22, 2009, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: 68gtscode ]

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah man there is a vicious flu going around.

I got 103.8* fever and was out for like 5-7 days just feeling like shit!

Just keep drinking water, dayquil, and nyquil helped me out alot.

Sleep it off. That's how your body heals.

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by 68gtscode:
I'm not a doctor but one of my older brothers is, and working out is a significant part of both our lifestyles. I wouldn't recommend strenuous workouts while you're really sick... this degrades your body's immune system causing you to be more susceptible to sickness. I will commonly workout through a cold (although I take it easy), but take time off altogether if I start feeling really bad. During this time, I sleep and eat as much as possible (including vitamins) to assist my body fight the sickness. My two cents, good luck.

Im not doing any strengh workout, i was just trying to sweat as much as i can. For example last night i wore 2 shirts, closed the basement windows and did over 200 pushups, light bench presses, little cardio and in about 10 minutes or so, sweat was pouring down like the niagara falls. It made me feel ALOT better this morning, i woke up feeling normal.

So i took a nap, i just woke up an hour ago and my body temp is up there again along with a sore throat..

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Yeah man there is a vicious flu going around.

I got 103.8* fever and was out for like 5-7 days just feeling like shit!

Just keep drinking water, dayquil, and nyquil helped me out alot.

Sleep it off. That's how your body heals.

Thats what i've been doing, lots of water, 30 minute workouts, nyquil before bed, dayquil in mornings and naps in daytimes.

Its day three and it seems to have gotten better but the body temp goes back to redline during afternoons...

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Honestly the best thing to do is just sleep. Your immune system works best while your asleep. If you're out and walking/running or lifting weights or whatnot then you're not doing yourself any good. Maybe go into a sauna or steam room and sweat it out like other people have been telling you, but don't strain yourself. Drink LOTS of water, get plenty of rest/sleep, and let the sickness run its coarse...
Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am no bullshitin you if your sick and have the body aches and the whole shot! i learned this from my mexican homie his mom mad him drink this everytime he is sick! and trust me i did it ans it works!!!!!!!!! take garlic and lemon juice and blend it into a drink after blendeing strian it out into a cup and keep it refrigerated! take three shots throught the day do it two days in a row trust me you will not be sick the next week!!!! take my work for it grow some balls and do it! i did not want to but did it and you feel better instantly! garlic and lemon shots did the trick i was out feeling better than ever the next week!!!

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
put me in the will for the cars man [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
68gtscode
¯
Member # 8679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68gtscode  Ford pictures for 68gtscode    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:

Im not doing any strengh workout, i was just trying to sweat as much as i can. For example last night i wore 2 shirts, closed the basement windows and did over 200 pushups, light bench presses, little cardio and in about 10 minutes or so, sweat was pouring down like the niagara falls. It made me feel ALOT better this morning, i woke up feeling normal.

So i took a nap, i just woke up an hour ago and my body temp is up there again along with a sore throat..

I think there is an issue of "causality" here, meaning I feel you may be attributing feeling better in the morning to the wrong thing. Instead of the workout making you feel better, I think it is probably due to the cold medication you took and the good night sleep. Regardless, if you're convinced this is working, just don't overdue it and make sure you drink a LOT of fluid to stay hydrated. Of course, sleep and eat as much (and as well) as possible.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stay the fuck at home wit yo swine flu havin ass...lol. It actually depends on the state of your cold. If you have a temperature and you go and raise your core temperature more you could really screw things up. Also if you do decide to work it out. Be sure to hydrate yourself. Your body will over compensate with the sweat glands and you could easily dehydrate yourself.

On the courtesy side you really should stay home rather than infect others. Other people are walking around sweating with their pores wide open. Your common cold can be someones pneumonia. Courtesy would be to stay home

[ July 22, 2009, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I cought the bug also and my Wife (Nurse for 10 years) said not to work out.. it will release any more toxins your muscles might have in them and make your cold worse... I went back today to work out and it was pointless, my body hurt all over and I had just begun... I say take the week off till you feel better.. your body will appriciate it.
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
quote:
quote:

I think there is an issue of "causality" here, meaning I feel you may be attributing feeling better in the morning to the wrong thing. Instead of the workout making you feel better, I think it is probably due to the cold medication you took and the good night sleep. Regardless, if you're convinced this is working, just don't overdue it and make sure you drink a LOT of fluid to stay hydrated. Of course, sleep and eat as much (and as well) as possible.
Cool, right now i also picked up few electrolytes (Vitamin Water, Gatorade) to hydrate myself along with water.

I just found out my sister has the same flu but her's is ALOT worse; vomiting, headaches, sore throat, high body temp and her 2 year old daughter has it too. She had it since last Friday so i may have gotten it from her...

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Stay the fuck at home wit yo swine flu havin ass...lol. It actually depends on the state of your cold. If you have a temperature and you go and raise your core temperature more you could really screw things up. Also if you do decide to work it out. Be sure to hydrate yourself. Your body will over compensate with the sweat glands and you could easily dehydrate yourself.

On the courtesy side you really should stay home rather than infect others. Other people are walking around sweating with their pores wide open. Your common cold can be someones pneumonia. Courtesy would be to stay home

Ahahahaha N8 you bastard, its not no swine flu! We dont even eat pork around here!! I think its a flu or something.

Yeah my basically working from home ever since Monday [Big Grin]

I'm planning to head back tomorrow but really doubt how im going to feel tomorrow.

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by WIKDVNM:
I cought the bug also and my Wife (Nurse for 10 years) said not to work out.. it will release any more toxins your muscles might have in them and make your cold worse... I went back today to work out and it was pointless, my body hurt all over and I had just begun... I say take the week off till you feel better.. your body will appriciate it.

My body was aching on Monday (first day of the flu) but its totally gone as of today just warm body and sore throat.

Yeah a week sounds good but i kinda feel guilty staying home in this terrible economy and getting paid for it [Frown] While everyone else is hustling for their money

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

PIF
¯
Member # 5570

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PIF  Ford pictures for PIF  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks I just got over mines but I have friends and family who had it this past week too. Hella weird to see this post.

--------------------
86GT
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3874263
79Pace Car
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2644330
82TTOP
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2573989

Posts: 295 | From: East Palo Alto | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
put me in the will for the cars man [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Hahah Tarron, you're a fool for that one. I think i need to take one of your 5.0's for a spin to sweat this off [burnout] [worship]

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is what i do when i get sick, i just try to rest as much as i can, dont take shit of medicine just my regular vitamins, and drink lots of water. so let your body deal with the virus and if u get a fever than that means your body is working at its best.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just sniff out a pint of curry.. works well 4 me
TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just jack off 4 times a day it works for 302drop

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by StangLess:
just jack off 4 times a day it works for 302drop

you were the 1 who noticed the temperature of my leche when it squirted in your nose?????
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

here is ALSTOCK trying to clean his carpet after he threw up while taking a cruise to cool off his fever
 -

[ July 23, 2009, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: 302DrOp ]

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
Originally posted by 302DrOp:
here is ALSTOCK trying to clean his carpet after he threw up while taking a cruise to cool off his fever
 -

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA LOL..

You should be grateful i haven't reported any of your cousins to http://www.hhs.gov

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 302DrOp:
 -

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA LOL..

You should be grateful i haven't reported any of your cousins to http://www.hhs.gov

can i get a ride on that carpet one time. [Big Grin]

do your self a favor bro get a check up, three people at my mother in laws work just came down with it. i bet that bitch dont come to my house for atleast a month lololol!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com