Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Scrappers and Mustangs = Warning.... Pictures are tought to digest!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Scrappers and Mustangs = Warning.... Pictures are tought to digest!!
Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi all,

When I had my 1995 GTS I put 18 Y2K rims and the car ran like crap. It would shake and rattle like a old clunker. I can only imagine these Fox Mustangs with 22~26in rims must have poor ride quality and slower to boot.

I don't get it; what is the appeal?

I was puzzled when I saw muscle car scrappers. What is the point? Wouldn't a 4X4 Jeep V8 give you more height and power.

I guess I am getting old...On the other hand those scrappers sure are clean. I wonder how they drive both on and off the track...

Not my car!!!
 -

[ July 22, 2009, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Bigchelis ]

Posts: 161 | From: San Jose,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
SVT Fox
¯
Member # 1837

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVT Fox  Ford pictures for SVT Fox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ghetto as all hell,

muscle car purist vomit in their mouth...

--------------------
65 coupe
66 Coupe
92 Fobra
97 Cobra
98 Cobra
01 GT

Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Montana  Ford pictures for Tony Montana    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A mustang will never be a scraper and a mustang should never have rims larger than 20's and thats pushing it. It depends ive driven cars with 22's and if done tastefully the car will still run smooth. A muscle car doesnt need large rims a car to throw some sixes on would be a big boat chevy caprice I mean its just another style people like others hate it.

--------------------
I lend my brother a hand cus i know i can i keep going and going but i aint the pink bunny instead of beatin on a drum i never stop gettting money

Posts: 369 | From: Oakland California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bigchelis:
...I guess I am getting old.....

nuff said

I gave up understanding the youth. Its the natural order of things for them to confuse us, like we did our elders. [patriot]

Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bigchelis  Ford pictures for Bigchelis    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it is a Lowrider with 15in rims I get it. Slow and low, it is what it is..

If it's a Mustang (especially a Fox body) IMHO it should only be fitted with wheels/rim combo that will make it perform best at what it was designed to do. Fast and faster..Yes, 14seconds was fast in the 80's. [Big Grin]

Scrapper big 4 door sedans I could care less becuase it doesn't negate what they were designed for too much. A 26in and Bonnevilles is more acceptable, but do it to a stang and it almost hurts looking at it.

SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im only 21 and i puke in my mouth a little bit when I see a mustang on anything bigger then some 18s hell even a camaro for that matter pretty damn stupid

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

This is the car that got me frustrated and feeling old; and I am only 28.

If you look closely there is 2 Mustang Scrapers side by side [Mad]
 -

[ July 22, 2009, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Bigchelis ]

djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol I took that pic

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

Bigchelis
¯
Member # 5941

quote:
Originally posted by Bigjerry916:
Lol I took that pic

So; it's your fault some of us are going to have nightmares tonight.

Shame on you [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

FriscoNotch
¯
Member # 5916

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FriscoNotch  Ford pictures for FriscoNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If that pic gave you nightmares then this is the equivalent to Freddy Krueger!!!

-
 -
 -

[ July 22, 2009, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: FriscoNotch ]

--------------------
'93 SSP 5.0 Police Coupe
'83 GLX 5.0 Coupe
'79 Ghia Coupe

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what size are those on the white drop...24's??

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Instead of posting on Cafords.... Why is it so hard to ask the owners in public? [Confused] [Confused]

The owner of the red droptop is David from SSF, very cool cat and im sure he wouldn't mind answering those questions for you. Since he has those rims on his car, he is the ONLY one can properly answer the questions for you.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You wouldn't want to know the answer because you'd puke on the spot and mess up the dudes car. Now you got real problems!

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
You wouldn't want to know the answer because you'd puke on the spot and mess up the dudes car. Now you got real problems!

LOL

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just want to know how they get them to fit under there..... Do they have to use a modified lift kit?
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The way I see it, just let them do them and you do you. If it isnt your cup of tea then let it go. There is enough to worry about here with everyone and their mamma borrowing each others, cobras, bullits and fr's. Talk about them. Not the folks that go against the grain and wanna be different.
IvanFive0
built for twisties
Member # 5574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IvanFive0  Ford pictures for IvanFive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SHOalex:
Im only 21 and i puke in my mouth a little bit when I see a mustang on anything bigger then some 18s hell even a camaro for that matter pretty damn stupid

Same here, don't think it's the youth.

It's Just plain Ghetto!

--------------------
2012 Coyote - Daily
91 Coupe - HCI turbo
88 Mclaren - Griggs, T56, S trim, B50
87 Coupe

Posts: 883 | From: At the apex, passing you! | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like Cummins says, don't hate, embrace! [Whoo Whooooo!]

Personally, I am thrilled to see a couple guys do something different than Bullitts, FRs, or 03 Cobras, despite this not being my style at all!

-

-

-

[ July 22, 2009, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dp

[ July 22, 2009, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luke87GT:
[QB] Like Cummins says, don't hate, embrace! [Whoo Whooooo!]

Personally, I am thrilled to see a couple guys do something different than Bullitts, FRs, or 03 Cobras, despite this not being my style at all!

-

This use to be my friends car..he sold it to his friend he ended up selling it a while back. had 18" black bullits which was nice looking and then couple of weeks ago we see it roll up in union city on 24's. the guy was saying he had to cut so much just to make the rims fit. but i see everyone really does different taste in mustangs

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ur not getting old, im only 21 and hate these cars too. i saw that white one before the 24z, it was beautiful. and besides the size of the rims, how about getting some rims that actually look good. evn if those rims were 17s they still wouldnt belong anywhere near a stang. Shout out to town toys for ignoring their friends and putting rallys on those novas!

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by StangLess:
...Shout out to town toys for ignoring their friends and putting rallys on those novas!

Color coded rallies and GT qualifiers with the letters out is still the best combo IMO
[worship] [patriot]

FriscoNotch
¯
Member # 5916

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FriscoNotch  Ford pictures for FriscoNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would maverick ralleys with dog dish hub caps fit on a fifty? If so I'll take my ponies off right now!

--------------------
'93 SSP 5.0 Police Coupe
'83 GLX 5.0 Coupe
'79 Ghia Coupe

SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
The way I see it, just let them do them and you do you. If it isnt your cup of tea then let it go. There is enough to worry about here with everyone and their mamma borrowing each others, cobras, bullits and fr's. Talk about them. Not the folks that go against the grain and wanna be different.

You said it best big ass rims on a car thats supposed to go fast isnt my cup of tea but I got better shit to worry about even though I think thats hella ugly

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigchelis:
...I guess I am getting old.....

nuff said

I gave up understanding the youth. Its the natural order of things for them to confuse us, like we did our elders. [patriot]

well if you want the truth these kids out now are the product of the crack years. that would explain the bright colors and the hyphy nation. jusst think about it and you will say damn tee is right.

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com